Is BGS being manipulated?

Dire_Wolf

BGS was around 18-19m when i bought at medium, now its down to 16-17M.

To all thoses who have great experience with market and manipulators:

Is this work of manipulating clans?

it's due to a lower demand, people spending most of their bank on a BGS, then went in a rush to sell for the PvP goods, or something.

Seeing it drop, people rushed further to sell...

If a merch clan did ever try a stupid item like that; it'd rise first, not drop steadily.

Trevor92223.png

Probably has something to do with BGS sucking as well.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

If the price fluctuations of a BGS has you worried its a good indication that you cant afford a BGS. I recommend you sell it and use something more in your price range. Like a whip.

Godswords are dumb anyway. You are better off with a whip and a defender.

Fools_Taco.png

Probably has something to do with BGS sucking as well.

Doesn't suck... much

You guys don't know well how useful BGS can be. Next time i suggest not posting, since "sucking" does not help this topic.

If the price fluctuations of a BGS has you worried its a good indication that you cant afford a BGS. I recommend you sell it and use something more in your price range. Like a whip.

Godswords are dumb anyway. You are better off with a whip and a defender.

I got Abyssal whip and defender, i just used BGS for a reason.

I think it's really just the fact that people are realizing that the BGS has limited applications, and doesn't offer a lot of improvement for the price tag. In addition, the fact that Graardor is now a lot more crowded with people because of Ourg bone drops has something to do with it (this is probably the biggest reason).

Rangeor, you don't know what you're talking about. It's definitely not clan merchants, because they always raise the price before dumping the item. No clan would just send an item tanking, as there's no possible way to profit from it.

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

Rangeor, you don't know what you're talking about. It's definitely not clan merchants, because they always raise the price before dumping the item. No clan would just send an item tanking, as there's no possible way to profit from it.

Oh, I thought he meant that clans in general would never mess with an item's price ever :P

wl7w9j.png

Eh, not completely true. There is an activity on Wall Street called "short selling": basically, you "borrow" shares of a dropping stock from a broker or another source, and you sell the stock, and buy it back after it has fallen. You return the stock and pocket the difference.

I'm sure the same thing could be [riskily] done with the Grand Exchange: a whole bunch of BGS owners could sell minimum, and once all of their swords are sold and the price is lower, they can buy back, and they'll have cash and their old sword.

Eh, not completely true. There is an activity on Wall Street called "short selling": basically, you "borrow" shares of a dropping stock from a broker or another source, and you sell the stock, and buy it back after it has fallen. You return the stock and pocket the difference.

I'm sure the same thing could be [riskily] done with the Grand Exchange: a whole bunch of BGS owners could sell minimum, and once all of their swords are sold and the price is lower, they can buy back, and they'll have cash and their old sword.

True; it could be done; but probably never will be.

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

Short selling in runescape is impossible simply because there is no such thing as borrowing or credit, and what you suggest is not short-selling.

Merchants only make item prices drop AFTER they make them rise (you would see a [bleep]e in the price before the drop).

lalalasig2.png

Short selling in runescape is impossible simply because there is no such thing as borrowing or credit, and what you suggest is not short-selling.

Merchants only make item prices drop AFTER they make them rise (you would see a [bleep]e in the price before the drop).

Actually, it could be done although I really don't think it ever will since it would take a hell of a lot of people and would be risky. If bgs is 16m and a majority of the people all started selling theirs for min until it went down to say, 13m and then bought their swords back. They would make 3m and have their bgs back.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayl4.png

Quit. PM me if you play The Conduit to exchange friend codes.

BGS not being manipulated.

Evidence: Tassets dropped in similar price and so did boots meaning more supply and more demands being met. To much supplies than demand then prices drop.

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

Same goed for whip and 100's of other items. The reason for this is PvP. Soon as the hype goes down prices should restore to normal or near normal. If they do i'm looking at about 75mil profit ;)

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

[hide=Guides by Slaytanicc]Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide (Must Read!!)

Iron Mining + Banking Guide

Green Dragons Guide

Ankou Slaying Guide[/hide]

As soon as they hit the 10m or close mark I'm going to pick on up.

I've seen eying one up for a while and with a 25k/hour + standard lending charge its a nice little investment, plus I love GWD and boss hunting.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

As soon as they hit the 10m or close mark I'm going to pick on up.

I've seen eying one up for a while and with a 25k/hour + standard lending charge its a nice little investment, plus I love GWD and boss hunting.

You will be waiting a long time. I can't see them dropping to anywere near 10mil. I think 14 - 15mil is the lowest its going to get then it will stabalize and eventually go back up.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

Green Dragons Guide

They've got 2m in 2 days.

I can see them dropping just a bit more maybe the 12m mark before rising.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

They've got 2m in 2 days.

I can see them dropping just a bit more maybe the 12m mark before rising.

Yes see, thats what gives it away. It dropped fast, too fast. If it dropped 200k a day i would have been sure that it was going to go to well below 12mil, but because it dropped so fast i just get the feeling its not going much lower. It has no steady path, its unpredictable, for all we know all this trading and swirching of hands will make the GS rise again.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide