19th May 2009 - Missing my Mummy

K112

Id also like to add there is a collapsed path in the tunnel area on the top floor.

Its either...

a) A New Mithril Door Entrance (We wont be getting in there for a year or two)

B) I just havent figured out how to get in, but it is possible.

Im going with a. :P

you should have gone for b :P

there is an "uninviting hole" on the -1 floor, that leads to a whole bunch of scarabs, there is another hole right next to it that leads to the collapsed path, after you enter from the back you can use it as a shortcut.

hope i don't crushed you hope :?

rida81.png

Rida81.png

became quest point master on: 21 dec 2007 2:43 pm

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 2nd quest of the Mystery of the Mahjarrat series. :thumbsup:

Cant wait to go do it.

Actually it is more like a "second beginning quest" of the series. It can't be a sequel, as it does not require the previous quest (Muspah). A sequel quest must require the previous quest because otherwise people could do quests in wrong order.

The Mystery of the Mahjarrat series will actually be a series of series, which will be combined later.

The 2nd quest of the Mystery of the Mahjarrat series. :thumbsup:

Cant wait to go do it.

Actually it is more like a "second beginning quest" of the series. It can't be a sequel, as it does not require the previous quest (Muspah). A sequel quest must require the previous quest because otherwise people could do quests in wrong order.

The Mystery of the Mahjarrat series will actually be a series of series, which will be combined later.

He never said it was a sequel...

And if we want to be politcally correct to the tee its actually like the 10th part (if not more) of the mysteries of the mahjaratt story series

As Desert Treasure, Enkhara's Lament, While Guthix Sleeps, Hazeel Cult, Temple of Ikov etc etc are all part of the mahjaratt storyline and its been pretty much confirmed they will all be intermerging to conclude this series

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Id also like to add there is a collapsed path in the tunnel area on the top floor.

Its either...

a) A New Mithril Door Entrance (We wont be getting in there for a year or two)

B) I just havent figured out how to get in, but it is possible.

Im going with a. :P

you should have gone for b :P

there is an "uninviting hole" on the -1 floor, that leads to a whole bunch of scarabs, there is another hole right next to it that leads to the collapsed path, after you enter from the back you can use it as a shortcut.

hope i don't crushed you hope :?

Im more crushed that 5 or 6 people have posted telling me how to do it. :lol:

And yeah, I ment the 2nd quest as in another quest within the series, not the next part of the plot.

Would have said "The next part" rather then "The next quest" if I ment it was the next part of Tale of the Muspah.

Has anyone confirmed that these new scarab beetles thingies count for scarab tasks?

Edit: Paw beat me to it. :P

Several clan mates hu nvr skip scarabs report they do indeed count

And logic wuld dictate as the task is "scarabs" that a minster called "scarab" would indeed count, especial since the pre-existing "scarab" swarm and Scarabite and Scarabas monsters do

That and the mass requests for a scarab tht's viably killable for slayer would kinda suggest new scarab = counts as slayer

But this is all just waffle as like i said clan mates confirmed it

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

You can no longer take weapons into the tomb in the Waterfall quest.

Does this mean fire giants are dead? :shock:

Never been able to do that.

Talking about Glaria's tomb, not the waterfall place.

No this refers to glariaLS TOMB NOT THE WATERFULL DUNGEON opps caps

Plv6Dz6.jpg

No this refers to glariaLS TOMB NOT THE WATERFULL DUNGEON opps caps

Oh. :oops:

The quest was pretty fun, although I was slightly annoyed at all the various things I had to get that I didn't know about until I got to the actual burial site (if you need papyrus, buy one from Morrisane while you're trying to guile the name scrolls from him), plus I found out the hard way that there's a cave filled to the brim with hungry, hungry scarabs in a multicombat area. Not too bad, but major freak out moment. I wonder if you can put a cannon in there?...

I think the highest point of the quest was when I got to the second floor (having bashed the guard's face in with an ancient mace), and after fending off the annoying fairly large bugs, seeing the huge floor trap between me and the tomb. I was all "#$@%, not this Indiana Jones $@*& again!"

After a minute of hesitation (you all saw what was under the floor in The Last Crusade, right?), I stepped out onto the area, and then realized it was a safe puzzle.

Up until the point where I got hit for 15 damage. After that I figured out the system pretty easily.

Anyway, I keep wondering what the heck that dais on the right side of the entrance is for. The walls have the red mark on the minimap, so they certainly serve some purpose, and the dais itself comes with the description that says it's for displaying something. But what?....

Obviously, the tomb is from before Zaros was banished from the mortal plane.

The pharaoh queen's son's name sounds similar to Osman.

It'll be interesting to delve deeper when the queen finally gets around to giving out the next task. I want to get those crazy desert gods off my back. I'll admit that Amascut makes a funny slayer master, though.

Is any of the information of use to the Varrock museum?

8f14270694.jpg

It'll be interesting to delve deeper when the queen finally gets around to giving out the next task. I want to get those crazy desert gods off my back. I'll admit that Amascut makes a funny slayer master, though.

New slayer master, you say?

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Looks good.

Also someone said it's second in the Mysteries of the Majharrat quest line. It isn't you are getting confused.

Mysteries of the Majharrat isn't a singular quest line it's more of an epic back/present/future story. It is a spiders web, made up of singular strands all making one big story.

SPOILERS BELOW

Mysteries of the Majharrat focuses on the movement to the North of the Majharrat to fight it out to become reborn.

It looks as though the main story is driven by Lucien's rise to power but other questlines mention this which have nothing do do with Lucien, other than maybe a passing reference. These include Defender of Varrock, Hazeel Cult, Tales of the Muspah, Desert Treasure and a good few more.

Needless to say Jagex are building up the whole Majarrat storyline into something big.

It is - if you read this quote in the newsposts

Warning Mild Spoilers

Please note that we havent forgotten about your request to not start too many new quest series until we have continued with, and finished, a few of the existing ones. ***While it might not seem like it initially, this quest is actually part of the same quest series as Tale of the Muspah***; this one just approaches things from a very different direction, so its probably not entirely clear how things fit together yet.

Weve been calling this quest series Mysteries of the Mahjarrat here in the Jagex office. It is going to be tying together a few loose ends from various quests, and hopefully bringing more cohesion to parts of the Runescape mythology and storyline. While were starting the quest series with low-level requirements, later quests will have progressively higher requirements as we draw in the different existing storylines. Additionally, Missing My Mummy also ties into some of the ongoing desert storylines.

About the payment, - if you have been a constant subcriber, it stays the same, if you do not subscribe for more than 2 weeks it goes up (I will try to find the post)

[hide=]wv2520.jpg[/hide]

Here is the newspost

[hide=]When RuneScape HD launched early this month, we released a newspost about the planned price change for new subscribers. We would like to remind you of that price change.

For new subscribers becoming members on or after the 18th August, the monthly cost of RuneScape membership will increase by 30p in the UK, $0.95 in the US and by similar amounts in other currencies. These examples are of increases on credit card prices - all other payment types will increase by a similar margin.

If you have an existing subscription (or you set up a subscription before the 18th August) this price change will not affect you. You will continue to pay the lower price for as long as you keep your membership valid.

If you are an existing member and you allow your membership to lapse for more than two weeks (after the 18th of August), you will be charged the new rate when you re-subscribe.

You may have noticed that the date of the price increase has changed from the 4th to the 18th of August. We have delayed the date to allow new and free players more time to take advantage of our lower membership cost. So, if you're a free player who is considering signing up to the larger, regularly-updated and fullscreen members' game, then click here to find out how to subscribe at this lower rate.[/hide]

Big Dave

312d4zt.gif

*Shows of his Questcape!!*

Big_Dave.png

4% left... i can't find the mummies hand :(

Where is it? I've looked all over!

One of the skeletons drop it

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Seems like a nice new quest. It will be very interesting to see how they will tie together these different quest storylines. I will do this quest as soon as I can :).

BTW, You should get hunter xp for this quest, since you're hunting a mummy.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Seems like a nice new quest. It will be very interesting to see how they will tie together these different quest storylines. I will do this quest as soon as I can :).

BTW, You should get hunter xp for this quest, since you're hunting a mummy.

Erm why? You're not "hunting" anything you're running around gathering bits and bobs that are largely low end tool items or random spawns/drops within the temple. No hunting invovled.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

just finished the quest now :) have that happy fealing inside of me.. Kind of pointless backstory, very little was revealved compared to dt for example. i do not understand why they making all these easy mahjarat related quests, when i see it as the series has already started years and years ago.

We have already killed a mahjarat (and his pet dog lol)...twice, escaped from another(lucien) and helped one(week noobcake liche)

how come at the end of the quest after my charactar has entered the GWD, finished all the quests, done both ghostly minigmames! WHY IS KING GIOVAS SO STUPID AND NAIVE TO SAY "BLAH..BLAH.BLAH something,BLAH BLAH ISNT ZAMORAK THE SOURCE OF EVIL"... jagex i actually slapped my head when i read my charactar say this.. shouldnt the response have been something along the lines of:

' WELL YES HOT PHAROH GIRL I AM AWARE OF THESE FACLESS JUDGES, I HAVE KILLED ONE OF THE NUB CAKES 5 YEARS AGO AND HE WAS PRETTY WEAK. HOWEVER THERE WAS ANOTHER ONE, HIS NAME IS LUCIEN. I COULD HAVE PROBABLY KILLED HIM WITH MY GODSWORD AND ANCIENT MAGICS I LEARNT FROM AZZANDRA, BUT HE GOT AWAY. I WAS ALSO MET A LITTLE BOY IN A CAVE AND WE THAWED ANOTHER OF THESE FACELESS ONES, I DONT KNOW WHY I JUST DIDNT KILL HIM ON THE SPOT... BUT I DIDNT, ANYWAYS I HELPED HIM..BLAH BLAH BLAH..BLAH BLAH. THEN HE GAVE ME///NOTHING!

THEN GUES WHAT, I SPEAK TO THE DEVOURER,I MEAN.... AMASCUT...OOPS .. SUMMONA EVERYDAY AND YEAH..."

so yes. good work jagex in making my charcatar a fool inront of an ancient queen..... MEGA HEAD SLAPS :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

king__giovas.png

king__giovas.png

Feel free to add me ingame if you want to chat :D

just finished the quest now :) have that happy fealing inside of me.. Kind of pointless backstory, very little was revealved compared to dt for example. i do not understand why they making all these easy mahjarat related quests, when i see it as the series has already started years and years ago.

We have already killed a mahjarat (and his pet dog lol)...twice, escaped from another(lucien) and helped one(week noobcake liche)

how come at the end of the quest after my charactar has entered the GWD, finished all the quests, done both ghostly minigmames! WHY IS KING GIOVAS SO STUPID AND NAIVE TO SAY "BLAH..BLAH.BLAH something,BLAH BLAH ISNT ZAMORAK THE SOURCE OF EVIL"... jagex i actually slapped my head when i read my charactar say this

I also had that facepalm moment.

Also, it's nice to see a person from the days of Zaros, close to alive and unfrozen (looking at you Jhallan) and friendly towards the player. I wonder what mysteries might be revealed towards the end of the ride.

The return of Zaros is nigh!

priest_wiz.png

how come at the end of the quest after my charactar has entered the GWD, finished all the quests, done both ghostly minigmames! WHY IS KING GIOVAS SO STUPID AND NAIVE TO SAY "BLAH..BLAH.BLAH something,BLAH BLAH ISNT ZAMORAK THE SOURCE OF EVIL"... jagex i actually slapped my head when i read my charactar say this

I would agree with you that its odd, but I think the reason for this is because the quest is a pretty low-moderate leveled one. Thus being, a player who has 0 Quest Points will likley do this quest before he/she completes WGS and possibly DT, because the requirements are lower.

So while it does not make sense to us since we have completed many of the higher-more-in-debth quests regarding these events, to someone who is starting out, they would be in a more logical order.

dawnsigblue-3.png

Finished quest with 96%, but can't find the 2nd part of the name. Already went to Varrock to hand over the flyer and done the Spring Sq'irk juice to aly. ^^ Want to know the reward for complete queen

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg