Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Macroers getting rebanned

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

Nero
[ Display Name History ]

Nero

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,283 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

In this case he will have to get his money back because they let him back in the game, so IF he did nothing illegal this time then hes fine and has to be refunded, if not he can sew them.

Sew them what? A new shirt?

Your Grandpa
[ Display Name History ]

Your Grandpa

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None

Found this on the RSOF:

Well thanks a lot.

One of my accounts was recently unbanned for 'autoing' (which I might add I didn't do..) and now I see an announcement at the top of the page that says that you're going to be re-banning the accounts.

Well, I recently put a years membership on it ($140 AUD)

Will I get my money redeemed?

Harsh, but I lol'd.

Haha, ouch. As others have said, I think it is a bit much to re-ban him and cause him to lose all that money, considering that he has not done anything wrong since being unbanned. However, I think he may have sent in his money a little prematurely, it is a well known fact that Jagex doesn't like macroers too much.

n64jive
[ Display Name History ]

n64jive

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,153 posts
I say give them another chance. If they actually macroed, then the game is going to be boring training legitly. Also, if they have been banned for a while then any advantage they gained macroing is offset by the lengthy ban(except for the fact that they didn't gain the levels themselves)...

Give them a second chance, if they get caught again, drop the ban-hammer.

off topic: Honestly, I don't see macroing as a terrible thing. Runescape is a grinding game that is very repetative. Macroing teaches a low-level real life skill (programming/scripting). In my opinion, it would be pretty cool if Jagex implemented their own macroing system. Make it so you have to develop your own code and that copying code results in revoking the privilage. Because there is no copy and paste in runescape, the only way people would be able to do this is to type it all out and then someone else copies it.

Similiar to how schools teach programming languages, if some code is similar, both the person who copies and the person who gave them the code would have the privilege revoked.

I'm sure there are many flaws in this like similar code by coincidence and I'm also sure that many people will disagree with this, and I'm positive this would never be implemented, but it's kind of a fun idea.
Posted Image

Zaaps1
[ Display Name History ]

Zaaps1

Troll General

• Members
  • 13,035 posts
  • RSN:Zaaptastic
  • RSN2:Zaap Cannon
  • Clan:DGS ☺ Harpies@@@

Thats unfair on Jagex's part. You can't unban them then reban them. That seems a bit wrong.

It may be wrong, or even immortal or sadistic, but it's all ok to do, legally at least. After all, remember that ultimately, JAGEX owns all the accounts and all of the items/achievements on it, NOT you.

ReapMe
[ Display Name History ]

ReapMe

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 627 posts
  • RSN:M-Theory11
  • RSN2:Apathetic
it's happened before, they unbanned a handful of players and they paid for whatever amount of membership before getting rebanned due to a "mistake" as jagex referred to it. they refunded those players
What?

Posted Image

WolfieMario
[ Display Name History ]

WolfieMario

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired

it's happened before, they unbanned a handful of players and they paid for whatever amount of membership before getting rebanned due to a "mistake" as jagex referred to it. they refunded those players

I was about to post about how it is fair to re-ban the accounts, but that they should definitely be refunded. If that is true, then hopefully they'll refund this time too. If not, Jagex will be pretty much screwed by the bad reputation :?

It's definitely fair to re-ban the macroers, they deserved the bans to begin with, but they better get their money back for any new memberships they made, because that's completely unfair, it would be like an unintentional scam based on accidental misinformation from Jagex :?

Posted Image
Fake Awards:
Posted Image
(The large number is the amount of awards I have gotten; only 8 are shown above. Click to see all of them.)

Italian5kamikaze
[ Display Name History ]

Italian5kamikaze

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,685 posts
They might have actually unbanned you because they saw their mistake. Wait it out.

off topic: Honestly, I don't see macroing as a terrible thing. Runescape is a grinding game that is very repetative. Macroing teaches a low-level real life skill (programming/scripting). In my opinion, it would be pretty cool if Jagex implemented their own macroing system. Make it so you have to develop your own code and that copying code results in revoking the privilage. Because there is no copy and paste in runescape, the only way people would be able to do this is to type it all out and then someone else copies it.

What part of this sounds like a good idea exactly? :|
Posted Image
Quit. PM me if you play The Conduit to exchange friend codes.

la la la
[ Display Name History ]

la la la

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 2,939 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
It's illegal in the United States (according to the constitution) and the UK (common law) to retry someone a second time for the same crime. It's called double jeopardy.

It seems like a similar thing here- Jagex, the judge, decided to unban the characters. To go back in and re-ban them seems to be a violation of rights. I know it's a stretch, but video game law in itself is a stretch.

lalalasig2.png

WolfieMario
[ Display Name History ]

WolfieMario

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 220 posts

It's illegal in the United States (according to the constitution) and the UK (common law) to retry someone a second time for the same crime. It's called double jeopardy.

It seems like a similar thing here- Jagex, the judge, decided to unban the characters. To go back in and re-ban them seems to be a violation of rights. I know it's a stretch, but video game law in itself is a stretch.

Interesting way of putting it... But I see it as more of a case that the prison warden was letting people out because they had finished their sentences, but someone screwed up the paperwork, so some people who had the life sentence* were let out by mistake, and had to be locked up again :?

What I'm mainly concerned with is that they'd better get their money back nonetheless, because that part is definitely unfair, regardless of how one looks at it.

Posted Image
Fake Awards:
Posted Image
(The large number is the amount of awards I have gotten; only 8 are shown above. Click to see all of them.)

la la la
[ Display Name History ]

la la la

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 2,939 posts

Interesting way of putting it... But I see it as more of a case that the prison warden was letting people out because they had finished their sentences, but someone screwed up the paperwork, so some people who had the life sentence* were let out by mistake, and had to be locked up again :?

What I'm mainly concerned with is that they'd better get their money back nonetheless, because that part is definitely unfair, regardless of how one looks at it.

Another example goes back a few hundred years, when people who somehow survived hangings were given the right to life. In a way, these people survived their hangings, and I believe they get a right to life.

lalalasig2.png

Kenshinjapan
[ Display Name History ]

Kenshinjapan

Retired Tet Leader

• Members
  • 3,803 posts
  • RSN:Tanner

In this case he will have to get his money back because they let him back in the game, so IF he did nothing illegal this time then hes fine and has to be refunded, if not he can sew them.

We also do not give refunds to players who have been banned from the game for violating the terms and conditions of use, including the Rules of RuneScape.

Good luck

Only an idiot would sue for $100 anyways.
Posted Image

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

Bloodstain
[ Display Name History ]

Bloodstain

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Lol @ comparing a game to criminal trials
Posted Image

Inuashakent
[ Display Name History ]

Inuashakent

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,939 posts
Definitely against Jagex on this one.

Agreed.
[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]
Posted Image

Kenshinjapan
[ Display Name History ]

Kenshinjapan

Retired Tet Leader

• Members
  • 3,803 posts
  • RSN:Tanner

Wasn't that also the basis of a TV movie? I can't remember the name.
Posted Image

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

Rainy_Day
[ Display Name History ]

Rainy_Day

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,968 posts
  • RSN:Duffman19910
  • RSN2:Yeahduffman

Only when new evidence arises, in England at least.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
RIP Michaelangelopolous

Fools_Taco
[ Display Name History ]

Fools_Taco

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 871 posts
  • RSN:Fools Taco
  • Clan:Skilling Guild.
We can buy membership by the year?

How do i do it!

gorgoroth
[ Display Name History ]

gorgoroth

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,304 posts
  • RSN:Slaytanicc
  • RSN2:Rage Allstar
  • Clan:Lady Heinous CC
Good on you Jagex. Show them cheaters who's Boss.

*Laughs at all the idiots who thought they would have they'r macro-ing accounts unbanned* :lol:

Posted Image
Posted Image
**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

Slaytanicc's Achievments

X3EN
[ Display Name History ]

X3EN

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 556 posts
  • RSN:oO000oO0oO00
Actually Jagex clearly states that once you got permanently banned for macroing, you will not get unbanned. Everyone who read the rules at least twice knows that, and everyone that has a macro-or-related permabanned account knows that even if you submit 20 appeals during different time periods, they all will be denied (that's why I'm not even trying to use the newly issued appeal chance).

So lets summarize up:

They knew they will not get unbanned.

They paid for a permabanned account.

Sorry, but I can see only their fault here.

savormix.gif
R.I.P. oO000oO0oO00, RS2 range pure transformed to a maxed PvM char in EoC, ten years of time completely wasted.
Good to be gone :)

pulli23
[ Display Name History ]

pulli23

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,601 posts

Found this on the RSOF:

Well thanks a lot.

One of my accounts was recently unbanned for 'autoing' (which I might add I didn't do..) and now I see an announcement at the top of the page that says that you're going to be re-banning the accounts.

Well, I recently put a years membership on it ($140 AUD)

Will I get my money redeemed?

Harsh, but I lol'd.

fail, hehe. It does say in the terms and conditions there are no refunds if you get banned.

Sigh: and it also says that the terms can never be higher than the local player's laws: and -at least in the netherlands- the law is that you GET a refund: so if that player wants he could always force a refund...

First they came to fishing
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews
and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores
and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me.

magzar
[ Display Name History ]

magzar

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 866 posts
  • RSN:Magzar

Wasn't that also the basis of a TV movie? I can't remember the name.

It was a real movie. Double Jeopardy, with Tommy Lee Jones and whatnot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users