Macroers getting rebanned

Omali

it's happened before, they unbanned a handful of players and they paid for whatever amount of membership before getting rebanned due to a "mistake" as jagex referred to it. they refunded those players

I was about to post about how it is fair to re-ban the accounts, but that they should definitely be refunded. If that is true, then hopefully they'll refund this time too. If not, Jagex will be pretty much screwed by the bad reputation :?

It's definitely fair to re-ban the macroers, they deserved the bans to begin with, but they better get their money back for any new memberships they made, because that's completely unfair, it would be like an unintentional scam based on accidental misinformation from Jagex :?

skillgoal99fakingunderb.png

Fake Awards:

flatawardsbox.png

(The large number is the amount of awards I have gotten; only 8 are shown above. Click to see all of them.)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They might have actually unbanned you because they saw their mistake. Wait it out.

off topic: Honestly, I don't see macroing as a terrible thing. Runescape is a grinding game that is very repetative. Macroing teaches a low-level real life skill (programming/scripting). In my opinion, it would be pretty cool if Jagex implemented their own macroing system. Make it so you have to develop your own code and that copying code results in revoking the privilage. Because there is no copy and paste in runescape, the only way people would be able to do this is to type it all out and then someone else copies it.

What part of this sounds like a good idea exactly? :|

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayl4.png

Quit. PM me if you play The Conduit to exchange friend codes.

It's illegal in the United States (according to the constitution) and the UK (common law) to retry someone a second time for the same crime. It's called double jeopardy.

It seems like a similar thing here- Jagex, the judge, decided to unban the characters. To go back in and re-ban them seems to be a violation of rights. I know it's a stretch, but video game law in itself is a stretch.

lalalasig2.png

It's illegal in the United States (according to the constitution) and the UK (common law) to retry someone a second time for the same crime. It's called double jeopardy.

It seems like a similar thing here- Jagex, the judge, decided to unban the characters. To go back in and re-ban them seems to be a violation of rights. I know it's a stretch, but video game law in itself is a stretch.

Interesting way of putting it... But I see it as more of a case that the prison warden was letting people out because they had finished their sentences, but someone screwed up the paperwork, so some people who had the life sentence* were let out by mistake, and had to be locked up again :?

What I'm mainly concerned with is that they'd better get their money back nonetheless, because that part is definitely unfair, regardless of how one looks at it.

[hide=***]*Ignoring the fact that a life sentence doesn't really last for a person's whole life newawareyf9.gif[/hide]

skillgoal99fakingunderb.png

Fake Awards:

flatawardsbox.png

(The large number is the amount of awards I have gotten; only 8 are shown above. Click to see all of them.)

Interesting way of putting it... But I see it as more of a case that the prison warden was letting people out because they had finished their sentences, but someone screwed up the paperwork, so some people who had the life sentence* were let out by mistake, and had to be locked up again :?

What I'm mainly concerned with is that they'd better get their money back nonetheless, because that part is definitely unfair, regardless of how one looks at it.

[hide=***]*Ignoring the fact that a life sentence doesn't really last for a person's whole life newawareyf9.gif[/hide]

Another example goes back a few hundred years, when people who somehow survived hangings were given the right to life. In a way, these people survived their hangings, and I believe they get a right to life.

lalalasig2.png

In this case he will have to get his money back because they let him back in the game, so IF he did nothing illegal this time then hes fine and has to be refunded, if not he can sew them.

We also do not give refunds to players who have been banned from the game for violating the terms and conditions of use, including the Rules of RuneScape.

Good luck

Only an idiot would sue for $100 anyways.

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

Lol @ comparing a game to criminal trials

yes.png

Definitely against Jagex on this one.

Agreed.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

Wasn't that also the basis of a TV movie? I can't remember the name.

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

Only when new evidence arises, in England at least.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Good on you Jagex. Show them cheaters who's Boss.

*Laughs at all the idiots who thought they would have they'r macro-ing accounts unbanned* :lol:

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

[hide=Guides by Slaytanicc]Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide (Must Read!!)

Iron Mining + Banking Guide

Green Dragons Guide

Ankou Slaying Guide[/hide]

Actually Jagex clearly states that once you got permanently banned for macroing, you will not get unbanned. Everyone who read the rules at least twice knows that, and everyone that has a macro-or-related permabanned account knows that even if you submit 20 appeals during different time periods, they all will be denied (that's why I'm not even trying to use the newly issued appeal chance).

So lets summarize up:

They knew they will not get unbanned.

They paid for a permabanned account.

Sorry, but I can see only their fault here.

savormix.gif
R.I.P. oO000oO0oO00, RS2 range pure transformed to a maxed PvM char in EoC, ten years of time completely wasted.
Good to be gone :)

Found this on the RSOF:

Well thanks a lot.

One of my accounts was recently unbanned for 'autoing' (which I might add I didn't do..) and now I see an announcement at the top of the page that says that you're going to be re-banning the accounts.

Well, I recently put a years membership on it ($140 AUD)

Will I get my money redeemed?

Harsh, but I lol'd.

fail, hehe. It does say in the terms and conditions there are no refunds if you get banned.

Sigh: and it also says that the terms can never be higher than the local player's laws: and -at least in the netherlands- the law is that you GET a refund: so if that player wants he could always force a refund...

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Wasn't that also the basis of a TV movie? I can't remember the name.

It was a real movie. Double Jeopardy, with Tommy Lee Jones and whatnot.

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

A little bit off topic.. but how long does it take before you get your appeal answered ( on average ) ? It's been more than 2 weeks and still no response -.-.

God_Of_End.png

15th to 99 Firemaking - August 2002 RSC Time.

??th to 99 Woodcutting - 2004 RS2 Time.

Only when new evidence arises, in England at least.

Unless it is linked to the present conviction. Read Prisoner of Birth, it is a good example of this.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

Green Dragons Guide

That's not relevant here. Botting in an online game isn't illegal, it merely violates Jagex' ingame policy. Jagex is no law enforcer. And since they own the accounts, they can pretty much do what they want. They can ban you a gazillion times if that makes them happy.

The only thing is that people pay for the game, in order to receive certain content. When that content is removed from the player (due to a ban for violating the rules), then you're not getting what you've payed for. And THAT might be against the rules. I don't know what the legislation is regarding this subject, but I know from something else I'm involved with that when we banned someone that had payed for our services, we could still ban them, but legally, we couldn't revoke access to the content that they'd payed for. Either that or giving money back.

Therefore, I wonder how Jagex can legally ban accounts with membership credit on it, and not give back any money. I'm sure they state it somewhere in their terms and agreements, but their policy doesn't stand above the law. It's not that I care that much, I won't get banned, but I was just wondering about the facts on this subject.

That's not relevant here. Botting in an online game isn't illegal, it merely violates Jagex' ingame policy. Jagex is no law enforcer. And since they own the accounts, they can pretty much do what they want. They can ban you a gazillion times if that makes them happy.

The only thing is that people pay for the game, in order to receive certain content. When that content is removed from the player (due to a ban for violating the rules), then you're not getting what you've payed for. And THAT might be against the rules. I don't know what the legislation is regarding this subject, but I know from something else I'm involved with that when we banned someone that had payed for our services, we could still ban them, but legally, we couldn't revoke access to the content that they'd payed for. Either that or giving money back.

Therefore, I wonder how Jagex can legally ban accounts with membership credit on it, and not give back any money. I'm sure they state it somewhere in their terms and agreements, but their policy doesn't stand above the law. It's not that I care that much, I won't get banned, but I was just wondering about the facts on this subject.

Banning people and making them waste $5 is not stealing, not against the law, not a crim, etc. See, when we decide to become members of Runescape by paying for membership we agree on a contract. That contract stipulates that if we are to break any rules we will break the contract and therefore lose the account. By breaking a rule we are actually more at fault that Jagex. If anyone is commiting a crime it is the rulebreaker, not Jagex. Breach of contract anyone?

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

I think it is good that those that cheated in the past aren't being given a second chance, but unbanning someone that didn't deserve it in the first place, allowing them to put so much money on their account and then bringing down the hammer again? That isn't right Jagex.

Banning people and making them waste $5 is not stealing, not against the law, not a crim, etc. See, when we decide to become members of Runescape by paying for membership we agree on a contract. That contract stipulates that if we are to break any rules we will break the contract and therefore lose the account. By breaking a rule we are actually more at fault that Jagex. If anyone is commiting a crime it is the rulebreaker, not Jagex. Breach of contract anyone?

Yes, it's a breach of the terms and conditions which you have agreed with. Though, when you have someone pay for a certain service, you can't just revoke that service just because they didn't obey your rules. Jagex' policy isn't a part of the law, so...

I'm not talking about who's at fault, I'm talking about the legislation regarding this subject. I'm talking about whether it's legally possible to exclude paying customers from what they've payed for when they've breached the rules of the game. Aren't they entitled to a restitution? Again, I'm just wondering about what the legislation is on this subject.

[hide=Choo]

Yes, it's a breach of the terms and conditions which you have agreed with. Though, when you have someone pay for a certain service, you can't just revoke that service just because they didn't obey your rules. Jagex' policy isn't a part of the law, so...

I'm not talking about who's at fault, I'm talking about the legislation regarding this subject. I'm talking about whether it's legally possible to exclude paying customers from what they've payed for when they've breached the rules of the game. Aren't they entitled to a restitution? Again, I'm just wondering about what the legislation is on this subject.

[/hide]

Yeah it is legally possible. Like i said before. contract breach is the crime, not excluding a paying consumor. There is nothing that says "we give refunds" but there is something that sais "break the rules and we shall take away your privalage". So keeping this in mind Jagex has full power to do whit that account whatever they please, and so do you as account owner, aslong as it remains without in the contract that binds you to Jagex.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

You could be right about the contract thingy. Though I wonder what would happen if you make legal obligations against the breaching of the contract. You have more rights when you're a paying customer. Oh and it's just all theoretical, mind you. Just interested.

You could be right about the contract thingy. Though I wonder what would happen if you make legal obligations against the breaching of the contract. You have more rights when you're a paying customer. Oh and it's just all theoretical, mind you. Just interested.

I'm a Law Student. Criminal Law to be exact, so this kind of falls in my Field. See the way it workd is, when you bind a contract, even if you pay (regardless of the ammount) and you break the contract by acting unlawfully (in this case macroing) then you loose your contractual privalage. It does seem a bit unfair that a paying costumer looses money, but then again he was well aware of the punishment related to the crime. You can trust me on this, i wrote a Law Exam 5hours ago, its all still pretty fresh in my head.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

Alright, I'll trust you on the subject :P

But I was wondering what happens if you make legal obligations. Theoretically speaking you could try and prevent the contract from getting revoked by means of law, right? Naturally, nobody will ever do that, but I suppose you have the possibility as a paying customer. Am I right?