Fury

Ring of Wealth

Trimmed Skill Cape

Rune Def + Whip/BGS

Is this decent? Anything i can change?

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

[hide=Guides by Slaytanicc]Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide (Must Read!!)

Iron Mining + Banking Guide

Green Dragons Guide

Ankou Slaying Guide[/hide]

Never use the BGS, but besides that, you're pretty much set. A Fire Cape would be a bit better, though.

IMO, BGS = Whip in most cases. The regular high hits compensate for the lack of speed. Ive actually proved this to myself. I spent 10 hours at Ankou with BGS, 10 with Whip + Def. Both of them got me around 55k exp an hour. When flashing Piety i got about 57 - 58 with BGS because i kept on hitting 60's. GS's are really under rated if you ask me.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

Green Dragons Guide

If you're going to use either 10% str pray or piety, on most slayer tasks a proselyte plate would suffice. The rest of the setup is fairly good, if you believe in the ROW use it, otherwise switch to zerker/warrior/slayer ring. And as kent said, a fire cape would be slightly better.

2dvjurb.png

If I were you I would replace the bgs with a dfs. It is a lot more defense and better strength the Rune defender. Everything else is perfect.

We do not quit playing because we grow old we grow old because we quit playing.

-Oliver Wendell Holmes

2mhc00i.png

BGS is a dead weight, unless you plan on boss hunting with rsof teams (Who seem to INSIST that godswords are better than whips and defenders)

Godswords are usually over-rated.

Whip IS better.

Aside from that, everything is fine.

2Xeo5.png

Sell your BGS, it's worthless.

Use a slayer ring.

Get a fire cape.

Everything else looks good unless you're going to use 10% strength prayer, in which case you should get a proselyte body.

I don't know agout the BGS part. I seem to hit alot of 55's+ when i'm potted and flashing Piety. This allows me to kill most of my targets in 2 or 3 hits. I don't see how that can be called worthless. And yeah i really want a fire cape again but my laptop is pretty laggy, i'm going to wait till i get my new PC before atempting that again.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

Never use the BGS, but besides that, you're pretty much set. A Fire Cape would be a bit better, though.

IMO, BGS = Whip in most cases. The regular high hits compensate for the lack of speed. Ive actually proved this to myself. I spent 10 hours at Ankou with BGS, 10 with Whip + Def. Both of them got me around 55k exp an hour. When flashing Piety i got about 57 - 58 with BGS because i kept on hitting 60's. GS's are really under rated if you ask me.

Hmm... that's extremely strange. Whips have consistently outdone GS by a large margin and has been consistently proven... I'm telling you, don't use the BGS. You're testing was inaccurate. (No offense...)

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

Hmm... that's extremely strange. Whips have consistently outdone GS by a large margin and has been consistently proven... I'm telling you, don't use the BGS. You're testing was inaccurate. (No offense...)

10 hours with each might have been luck, but i doubt it was.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

10 hours with each might have been luck, but i doubt it was.

I've personally had it for far longer than 10 hours, and although I didn't really time it, there was no way the task was faster. (I timed a few of them, though.) Plus, it would have been widespread if a weapon like the GS gave more xp than a whip, due to the # of even higher leveled slayers using it.

inuyashakent-2.png

Warrior / Berserker ring > Ring of Wealth.

Fire Cape > Trimmed Skillcape, except on praying tasks.

Proselyte plate for 10% prayer, or even piety if you can afford it.

Sell your BGS for prayer potions and Super / Pure sets. Use a whip, defender combo.

Darksin68.png

Current Whip Drops: 9 Current D Boots drops: 27

Okay well, if i sell my BGS and some other stuff in my bank i could easily manage 25mil cash. Should i buy Bandos instead? Then just use a Whip + Def? Maybe save up to buy SGS?

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

You know: your claim is just as usuless as his: if you say the whip is faster: give us some hard DATA! (btw: I'm not saying the BGS is better - I honestly haven't had it yet, and from a lot of friends I always hear the BGS was a waste to buy -, but I'm getting fed up with the attitude of those players who seem to talk with a lot of autoracy yet can't put there opinions in actual hard numbers).

What you should also take into calculation is the difference of someone with 80 attack and 99 attack: the 80 attack has a lot more (but it's currently never tested how much) chance to miss: so they really benefit more from a higher attack bonus.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

You know: your claim is just as usuless as his: if you say the whip is faster: give us some hard DATA! (btw: I'm not saying the BGS is better - I honestly haven't had it yet, and from a lot of friends I always hear the BGS was a waste to buy -, but I'm getting fed up with the attitude of those players who seem to talk with a lot of autoracy yet can't put there opinions in actual hard numbers).

What you should also take into calculation is the difference of someone with 80 attack and 99 attack: the 80 attack has a lot more (but it's currently never tested how much) chance to miss: so they really benefit more from a higher attack bonus.

Xp rates from thousands of people are hard numbers, myself included; although, I haven't done extensive testing, I have done enough to say there's a large difference that extensive testing isn't needed.

inuyashakent-2.png

Well no matter what im not selling BGS> I use it far to often at GWD. Ill use whip when slaying though. Is everything else alright?

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

I don't see why people think warrior/berserker rings are so great for slayer or training period. The main point of slayer is the rare drops so why wouldn't you use a ROW to increase those rare drops? The tiny bonuses from warrior/berserker rings will make maybe a few k exp difference if even that but you will get less rare drops.

Assassin1357.png

where i train, i max 100k exp an hour with any gs, and 120k with whip. there is no way that can be just "luck" with such a wide margin

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

The main point of slayer is the rare drops so why wouldn't you use a ROW to increase those rare drops?

Who says that? I personally train slayer for the slayer xp, not for the drops. I don't really care about the tiny xp boost from fremennik rings either, so I use the slayer ring because it's convenient. :P

2dvjurb.png

Well if you aren't praying the torags/guthans legs provide better defense bonus (and if you're praying the 10% the proselyte top should be better).

Also: I would get a guthans body/legs (instead of torags/veracs): if you ever feel like using a full guthans set you already have 2 items (wielded).

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.