Gas Prices

xyrec

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If i would have just bought alot of it then, i could have resold it for more and would have made a profit.

That's what I used to think was obvious to do. Except you can't exactly store it, and even if you do find a place for it in your basement or something in some type of containers, there's the huge risk of it blowing up. On the news they were saying people were frantically filling up small containers with gas, and went on explaining how that was bad for everyone else who buys gas. It lowers the supply, and only increases costs for everyone else.

Gas prices here are at $1.42 per L. I was wondering what they were gonna do a while back when it reached 99.99 cents cause most stations only had enough for 4 digits. I used to be able to put my tip money I earned towards gas. Now I don't know what to do.

The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard.

Don't worry in a few weeks it will be 3.50 again and you will be glad you filled up.

usually got to fill up twice one week, then once the next. i have to travel a lot to and from work. im going to start going more often if it stays under $3 though.

Gas prices here are at $1.42 per L. I was wondering what they were gonna do a while back when it reached 99.99 cents cause most stations only had enough for 4 digits. I used to be able to put my tip money I earned towards gas. Now I don't know what to do.

a local gas station here has pumps that dont go above $2.99 a gallon. the pumps say 2.99, then when you go into pay they have to manually add on the extra. its kinda funny, the manufacturers of the pump never thought it would need to go above $2.99 :lol:

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

I don't drive, but what I do bicycle.

See how often you keep biking places after you're old enough to drive

(you're 14?).

But you save 5 minutes of your life and waste a good 32 cents of gas when you drive instead of walk, in the example I mentioned (assuming your car gets 20 mpg; half of us "American Idiots" have gigantic SUVs that protect us from our own "horrible driving"). In fact, let's do a cost analysis.

If you eat there every day, then you will save 32 cents of gas / day, and burn about 90 per day bicycling. That's $116.80 saved and ~9.3 pounds lost per year. Sounds like a win-win to me. If you don't at least try that sometime, then you're just be downright lazy.

sigon4.jpg

handed me TWO tissues to clear up. I was like "i'm going to need a few more paper towels than that luv"

Even though this hardly helps, it's better than nothing. Go to your local Wal-Mart (assuming they have an attached gas station) and buy a "shoppers card" or whatever they call it. If you use that card at the pump you save 3 cents a gallon. Locally we have a place called WinCo, and if you spend more than $50 on food you can get 5 cents off a gallon at the gas station next to it. Things seem to have steadied a little around here, I'm topping off the tank almost every other day just incase.

peterstretchfn5.gif

Prices here (England) have broken $8 in some places now for only a gallon of petrol :(

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

My Dad drives the Lexus SUV (largely coz we go on insansely long drives, and with my and my two brothers in the back, anything smaller could seriously hurt, and might even end up with one of my brothers deaths. We need our space), and last time I checked it cost him around ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã60 for a full tank. That was back when petrol was 80p a litre (or less), it's now around 95p. So someone do the math.

Fortunately, I've now persuaded him to sell his car and get the hybrid version that Lexus do. It will still cost the same to fill a tank, but it should last longer.

Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:

mayjest.png

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA

Hybrids will only save you in the short run. After a while the battery is going to start going bad, so it'll rely more on gas, therefore lower milage. And a new battery is in the K's. So all the money you didn't save on spending more to buy 1, you have to spend more in a few years to buy a new battery.

1125589605_6381.jpg

It costs me about 35 to fill up my tank. I get about 220-250 miles on a full tank, depending on how i drive :twisted: . Horrible milage for a Civic. I had to get the Si :(

I say gas prices won't go much higher, but what do i know.

clbqf5.jpg

Dragon drops: D med x3, D Spear x2, Left Half x1, D2h x1

Crawling Hands X4, Cockatrice heads X2, Basilisk head X2, Kurask head X1

Support me in the drop race

Petrol in the UK...

1.jpg

Thats taken from a price of 90p per litre ($6.60/gallon) and prices are much higher than that now :(

4.jpg

Showing the increase of prices in the UK over the last 10 years. And this month its gone up again another 10p/litre (0.73ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãââ/gallon) but hopefully it will drop again soon once oil production gets back to normal

5.jpg

Why dont we use public transport I hear you say.... Well this graphs shows it quite clearly. Despite rising fule costs its STILL cheaper to drive than use public transport. Americans have this idea that the UK has this amazing public transport system. Well if you venture outside of London and other major cities you get a very different story.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I saw an article in the paper about world fuel prices. America's got about the best prices possible whereas England has about the worst prices. Spare a little thought for the other people. :roll:

I saw an article in the paper about world fuel prices. America's got about the best prices possible whereas England has about the worst prices. Spare a little thought for the other people. :roll:

The cheapest? I doubt it. Venezuala has insanly cheap gas, so do some parts of Russia and many other contries I'm sure. Also England isn't even close to the most expensize. HongKong is known for ludicrious oil prices, I'm sure Japn is too

2003676992682512083_rs.jpg

The cheapest? I doubt it. Venezuala has insanly cheap gas, so do some parts of Russia and many other contries I'm sure. Also England isn't even close to the most expensize. HongKong is known for ludicrious oil prices, I'm sure Japn is too

japan buys a lot of american oil, so it has to be pretty expensive. america gets a lot from venezuala, but theres shipping costs and everything.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Iraq $.05 a gallon for the win!

^ 2% profits on $1.35+ CAD per litre? Yeah right. Gimme a break Petro Canada :roll:

Yeah, no joke. I'm pretty sure crude oil refinement isn't that costly and no one gives much thought to the fact that they use crude oil and some of the leftover material from the refinement process to make all sorts of things like motor oil, fuel additives(injector cleaner) and I think they use something from oil refinement, in the production of rubber. All corporations lie about their profit. All you have to do is look at their stock prices though to get an idea.

According to the statistics at sharebuilder.com Exxon Mobile has had a 52week low of 46.65 per share and it's up to 62.97. Their current total maket capitalization is 397,034,196,296...... If you divide that by 62.97 you get their current number of shares, which is....6,305,132,544 shares. So if their number of shares has stayed around 6 billion, take that times 46.65 and you get their lowest market capitalization for 52 weeks....being 279,900,000,000. If my calculation is even remotely accurate their market capitalization has risen over 100billion in the last year.

EDIT: Oh and I just checked petro-canada's stats and their 52week low was 46.91 and it's now 83.75 per share which is only 10 cents short of it's 52 week high so they're staying around their high and probably continuing to go up. 2% profit? Pfffttttt