What was the true point of of the run update?

cat666

I have a couple points, so I'll reply in seperate sections.

Agility's main purpose was to let you use shortcuts and to give people who raised the skill an advantage when F2P PKing.

Agility was never released in purpose to give members advantage in F2P PvP, it was just a side factor nonbody had a problem with because it wasnt a huge deal.

Honestly, very few people cared about run regen in members because everyone used terrorbirds, which are STILL more efficient than resting.

1) Yes, it wasnt a big deal because its something people accepted. It was like the pathfinder update, not something that *had* to change, but something that so SOOO much better now that it is changed.

2) Yes, bird scrolls and energy potions are more effective than resting because they are supposed to be.

Jagex did a good job balancing things like potions and scrolls so they would not be overpowered by the rest option. If rest was more powerful than scrolls/potions then it would make them pretty much useless. They didnt want that, so scrolls and potions abviously stay more effective.

They took out agility from F2P and made your run drain 200% faster as well.

Ya, taking it out of F2P made it fair for everyone. Something they should of done a long time ago. If you are a F2P server you should have ALL of the same limitations as F2P.

And run energy drains almost exactly the same as it did before. I tested it several times, it does not drain any slower/faster than it previously did. Not enough change to notice at least. But it does restore 2x-3x+ faster than the old rate.

Overall, I think this ruined Agility.

Not runied at all, just improved and balanced.

Despite what you say, Jagex did a great job with the content in this update. :thumbup:

dawnsigblue-3.png

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The answer is so obvious. The update was put in for one reason. You may have noticed energy potions restore 20% now, and whats the secondary ingredient to energy potions? Its chocolate. Now people will actually use energy potions, due to this update, and thus the price of chocolate will go up, people will be hoarding supplies of chocolate and there will be a massive demand for chocolate. So, they will need to fix this by adding chocolate making to the cooking skill. Chocolate making will involve cocoa, and as you know, Karamja isn't the correct climate to grow cocoa. Meaning this entire scheme was created to make a bunch of new tropical islands, that you can grow cocoa on. You know what that means:

ZOMG THEY'RE RELEAsiNg SaILing!!!!!!!!111!!!one!!!!!eleven!!!!!@@222@@two@@!!!111

Smobo.png

Got his first skill cape April 7th 2009, at lv 121+12 cb and 2000 total

The answer is so obvious. The update was put in for one reason. You may have noticed energy potions restore 20% now, and whats the secondary ingredient to energy potions? Its chocolate. Now people will actually use energy potions, due to this update, and thus the price of chocolate will go up, people will be hoarding supplies of chocolate and there will be a massive demand for chocolate. So, they will need to fix this by adding chocolate making to the cooking skill. Chocolate making will involve cocoa, and as you know, Karamja isn't the correct climate to grow cocoa. Meaning this entire scheme was created to make a bunch of new tropical islands, that you can grow cocoa on. You know what that means:

ZOMG THEY'RE RELEAsiNg SaILing!!!!!!!!111!!!one!!!!!eleven!!!!!@@222@@two@@!!!111

Weak... -.-

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!

No... Agility... In... F2p...

Must... Kill... Jagex...

All the did was get rid of an unfair advantage really...

It was more of a convenience than an advantage

It was definitely a convenience, but it was also an advantage in some aspects.

I think the point of the update was just to make the game enjoyable. no one likes to walk around, running is much more time efficient. I am going to find this update helpful for RCing and 99 summon in the future, as I wont need to rely on any items.

I loved this update and the new buskers are very hlepful if i have lost my cannon and i am running from fally or edgy bank. tyvm for a great update guys

king__giovas.png

king__giovas.png

Feel free to add me ingame if you want to chat :D

Whenever I did my farming runs, I always used at least 5 Terrorbird scrolls getting from place to place.

Now, I rarely use any scrolls because my energy recharges so fast and I prefer resting.

I do think that Agility is slightly less useful now because we can rest. ::'

However, I think Jagex created the run update for smoother gameplay. (Although they did create all those bugs/glitches) :lol:

I think the point of the update was just to make the game enjoyable. no one likes to walk around, running is much more time efficient. I am going to find this update helpful for RCing and 99 summon in the future, as I wont need to rely on any items.

I loved this update and the new buskers are very hlepful if i have lost my cannon and i am running from fally or edgy bank. tyvm for a great update guys

What are buskers btw?

(Excuse my stupidity)

Darkman_X_99.png

Darkman_X_99.png

99 WC - 12/20/08! =D

99 Defence - 6/19/09! 44,012 to reach it!

Aiming for 2000 Total Lvl!

RuneScape was like the only MMORPG where you couldn't sit down. It's really about time!

We still can't jump.

I think I even heard about FF x whatever getting jumping, really pisses me off.

buskers, as in the musicians that are located at various locations around runescape, i believe there are 23 or so of them. there is one south of the monastary, which i use when i loose my cannon cause i am too careless during slayer tasks such as black demons. :) hope that clarified what buskers are.

king__giovas.png

king__giovas.png

Feel free to add me ingame if you want to chat :D

buskers, as in the musicians that are located at various locations around runescape, i believe there are 23 or so of them. there is one south of the monastary, which i use when i loose my cannon cause i am too careless during slayer tasks such as black demons. :) hope that clarified what buskers are.

Oh, yeah, I know what the musicians are. :lol: Thanks

Why call them buskers though?

Darkman_X_99.png

Darkman_X_99.png

99 WC - 12/20/08! =D

99 Defence - 6/19/09! 44,012 to reach it!

Aiming for 2000 Total Lvl!

the real reason is to settle the skillers down. the run itself helps, but the continuous skilling thing is a godsend. If you look at it the last few months or longer(even from 10/12) it has been all about pkers, and pvp.

Y_Z.png

Oh, yeah, I know what the musicians are. :lol: Thanks

Why call them buskers though?

A busker is a street musician.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

The update has made agility less of a reason to train.

The only reason I'm 77 is because I wanted to use shortcuts and so my run could recharge faster. Now there is little point in raising agilty past 50 for the run, as there are plenty of ways to restore energy and you can get from A-B without a full drain anyway.

Shortcut wise they are next to usless from 75, yes there is a good one at 80 but you can pie it from 75 which is a lot less hassle than 75-80 with 40k XP an hour.

There are 2 reasons I train a skill:

1. Usefulness: Runecrafting make cash, hunter gets you more chins per hour etc.

2. Speed/Levels: 99 firemaking is easily achievable with a bit of patience, pointless but it's total levels and XP.

Now with agilty it's usefulness is pretty much non-existant past 75. As for it's speed, it's 40k an hour and thats with solid concentration. Unless of course you PvP and get the brawlers but this isn't viable for most players.

Jagex could have added some new shortcuts:

Mid-High Level Wildnerness escape routes (85,90,95)

Trollheim to GWD Zipline (85)

Or they could make it so agilty reduces the liklihood of being affected by ice spells/ZGS spec. The spell freezes your muscles so it makes sense high agilty could counteract this.

Of course all this is by the by if Jagex are planning a future update based around agility. The current crystal gear requires 50 agilty and Priffindas isn't open yet. Who knows what lurks inside...

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

Must... Kill... Jagex...

I fail to see how it's an unfair advantage, i mean, members equipment in free worlds is obviously over the top, but for something that truly only effects a single player i don't see why it was removed

1yrb49.jpg

Must... Kill... Jagex...

I fail to see how it's an unfair advantage, i mean, members equipment in free worlds is obviously over the top, but for something that truly only effects a single player i don't see why it was removed

It might not seem significant, but when you're on a pvp world, low food, top of wildy with 0 run energy it certainly helps.

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

Must... Kill... Jagex...

It's not a unfair advantage. Why? Because players who leveled agility have worked for the level.

The only reason they removed it was because F2P had a P2P thing and that's why they removed it. If it was a unfair advantage from their view, it would have been removed months ago.

So no i don't think they removed it because they thought it was a unfair advantage. It just wasn't in the spotlight and now it is they dealt with it.

the real reason is to settle the skillers down. the run itself helps, but the continuous skilling thing is a godsend. If you look at it the last few months or longer(even from 10/12) it has been all about pkers, and pvp.

yea...they removed it. Skillers' revolt anyone? they may only be afraid of the pkers with their big weapons but we still have hatchets,axes, and harpoons! watch out Jagex.

Y_Z.png

It's not a unfair advantage. Why? Because players who leveled agility have worked for the level.

The only reason they removed it was because F2P had a P2P thing and that's why they removed it. If it was a unfair advantage from their view, it would have been removed months ago.

So no i don't think they removed it because they thought it was a unfair advantage. It just wasn't in the spotlight and now it is they dealt with it.

I honestly think Jagex didn't know about agility bonuses in F2P for some time. On my older account, I had trained agility as a member and then when my membership ran out, I realized that the run energy recovery bonus stayed. And this was 3 years ago.

I don't think Jagex would've deliberately kept something like that for F2P'ers who have agility levels. Because it IS an unfair advantage on F2P worlds. It's your choice if you don't want to train it when you're P2P, but when someone is only F2P, they HAVE no choice.

Taking a Playstation 3 break.

card.png

I honestly think Jagex didn't know about agility bonuses in F2P for some time. On my older account, I had trained agility as a member and then when my membership ran out, I realized that the run energy recovery bonus stayed. And this was 3 years ago.

I don't think Jagex would've deliberately kept something like that for F2P'ers who have agility levels. Because it IS an unfair advantage on F2P worlds. It's your choice if you don't want to train it when you're P2P, but when someone is only F2P, they HAVE no choice.

They actually have a choice>Become member>Level agility>Done

That isn't an option for everybody. Like myself, why would I pay to play a few hours only on days I don't work, if I can play free? And what about those who have parents who won't let them pay?

And it was clearly an unfair advantage. If you can run again far sooner, you have an advantage. And it is unfair to those who haven't had the opportunity to train their agility.

That isn't an option for everybody. Like myself, why would I pay to play a few hours only on days I don't work, if I can play free? And what about those who have parents who won't let them pay?

And it was clearly an unfair advantage. If you can run again far sooner, you have an advantage. And it is unfair to those who haven't had the opportunity to train their agility.

No i think Jagex removed it because they wanted it to be P2P, i don't think they cared much about the unfair disadvantage.

Here is why i think that. It's a unfair advantage because P2P players with high agility have better energy restored...

Now look at a unfair disadvantage:

P2P players going F2P (Their bank in chaos). Why does Jagex not do anything about this?

This is clearly a unfair disadvantage to P2P players who play on and off. I have a solution for it, but I'm wondering how come Jagex notices the unfair disadvantage of agility in F2P but no the unfair disadvantage of P2P players going F2P.

There are ways to get around the bank issue, though. And it also can be used as a method to get them back to P2P. The Agility thing, however, gave no reason to go back. And if they didn't look at it as being unfair to the F2Pers, they probably wouldn't have removed it after all this time.