Should I Get a Wii?

Maze

Yeah, you should get one, ignore all the homo fanboys here.

Nice hypocrisy there.

It's kinda true that Ugo is a bit of a nintendo fanboy, but the problem is Xbox fanboys who wont get over themselves and think the Xbox is the best.

Ironically Xbox fanboys are exactly the same as Mac/Apple fanboys.. hmm.

:wall:

I dont need a siggy no moar.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ironically Xbox fanboys are exactly the same as Mac/Apple fanboys.. hmm.

That's not ironic.

That doesn't even make sense.

Microsoft licensed the Xbox.

Apple fanboys usually whine about Windows and Microsoft.

And Xbox fanboys do the same about the other things.

A touch of irony, not much, but still.

i would advise against it but thats only because i like to shoot things, and i cant aim with the wii

There are no little knobs on real guns :twss:

The Zapper is crap though. I bought a one handed pistol lightgun instead, the nunchuk I hold in the other hand. Works well for light gun games.

Yes it does, and I guess it would.

But aiming with a remote is better than using a knob to aim.

Its different. Not better.

I dunno.. In reality, aiming is a skill, whereas turning a knob isnt much of a skill.

And the Wii still has a little knob on it.

Its different. Not better.

I dunno.. In reality, aiming is a skill, whereas turning a knob isnt much of a skill.

And the Wii still has a little knob on it.

Aiming effectivly with dual-analog controllers is a lot more difficult than with the keyboard/mouse and Wii Remote control schemes. It takes it's own amount of skill in order to be effective.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Aiming effectivly with dual-analog controllers is a lot more difficult than with the keyboard/mouse and Wii Remote control schemes. It takes it's own amount of skill in order to be effective.

But using 2 knobs to move where you go and your aiming wont help you do anything else in life, and rifle 'nades are probably the most educatable weapon in CoD.

Ironic isnt it?

But using 2 knobs to move where you go and your aiming wont help you do anything else in life, and rifle 'nades are probably the most educatable weapon in CoD.

Ironic isnt it?

Have you ever shot a gun before? Pointing the Wiimote at the screen is nothing like shooting a real gun.

It may be a more accurate representation than analog sticks, but neither is actually comparable at all to what they emulate.

And what the hell does 'educatable' mean?

p2gq.jpg

@aiming discussion: Yes, mouse and keyboard beats all, in fact, the order of efficiency is dual analog

On topic:

Think about your favourite genres:

Platforming, Adventure, party and puzzle games are for the wii

FPS are for the 360 mainly (with some goodness on the ps3)

PS3 will get ff vs xiii, so i would say it as a rpg/action delivery system (and it has blueray)

If you enjoy fighting games, its pretty much a tie:

Wii has brawl (arguably one of, if not, the best fighters to ever been made) and is gona have capcom vs tatsunoku, 360 has street fighter 4, ps3 also has street fighter 4 and is going to have tekken 6. While ps3 and 360 have capcom vs marvel 2 wii has street fighter 2 turbo. I'd say wii in this field.

If you also note the dlc:

360 has some nice dlc features, aswell as the best online multiplayer, although you must pay to even use it.

Ps3 has the ffvii re-release and some worthwile dlc's, i can't specify much here.

Wii has virtual console, the best retro gaming service. You need to buy the classic controller to play them efectively, but it contains all the classics you can imagine, not only form nintendo games, also for neo-geo, sega, commodore and a few arcade obscure titles (maybe they'll place simpsons there). The only miss here is contra :cry: . Also note super nintendo was the best console for rpg's.

Some titles like megamen 9 are in disposal for all consoles.

When it comes down right to it, it's your opinion. I'd say it's worth buying wii maynly because i like the genres it hosts and i dislike most of the fps (i say it openly: imo halo is way overrated *not saying is bad*), but if you feel it's the system fro you, go for it.

no.

But in all seriousness I bought a Wii about 7 months ago, and it was the biggest waste of 250$ I've ever seen. Maybe with an internet connection I'd be more satisfied, but as it stands, I don't even have it taking up room on my TV shelf anymore. It's been replaced by my PS2.

BTW, wii fit does not count as exercise. It's more or less an over priced scale. Go outside with some weights if you want exercise.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Have you ever shot a gun before? Pointing the Wiimote at the screen is nothing like shooting a real gun.

It may be a more accurate representation than analog sticks, but neither is actually comparable at all to what they emulate.

And what the hell does 'educatable' mean?

I dont think I ever said "aiming" had anything to do with guns in particular.

But using 2 knobs to move where you go and your aiming wont help you do anything else in life

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but aiming a Wii controller won't help with any real life skills either.

But using 2 knobs to move where you go and your aiming wont help you do anything else in life

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but aiming a Wii controller won't help with any real life skills either.

Does more than you think.

I can lift 1kg more than the average Xbox user because I move my arms.

• 2 weeks later...

Stop trying to make it seem like the wii has RL applicability. Oh wait, it does. Chezeck out Wii fit.

The Wii has some fantastic games. You could pretty much get by with RB2, Twlight Princess, Galaxy, Brawl and Metroid Prime Corruption. That's what I have, and i'm sure as hell not bored yet.

The original question has been answered, so this thread is done. There is no need to keep bringing it back up. If you feel that it should be unlocked, feel free to pm me.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!