Should I Get a Wii?

Maze

You could get a Wii lots of great party type games its really fun too hours of enjoyment through if you like multiplayer and Teen and Mature stuff I wouldn't get it you could also wait for Wii HD (I bet it will cost more through) if your TV is HD.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a Wii, and I regret getting it. The online play, in most cases, is terrible and getting different friends codes for each game is a pain in the [wagon].

They have a few solid non-Nintendo made games, but compared to Xbox360 and PS3, there isn't much there. Only the usual Mario, Metroid, and Zelda games are wow-worthy.

The Wii motion controls are cool, and they bring a whole new feel to video games, but once again, there are only a few non-Nintendo made games that use it to it's full potential.

One plus that I would give to the Wii is the party games as mentioned before. These are great for a medium to large group of people who aren't hardcore gamers and just want to chill, relax, and play a little tennis. For hardcore gamers, however, there is something lacking without the intense FPS or games that rely heavily on online play. If you fall in this category, do not get a Wii.

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

I have both a Wii and a 360. The Wii is very fun and has tons of great games that are coming out or have just come out, such as Punchout Wii, Dead Space Extraction, Excitebots, and many more. If you can look past the online system, it is very fun. Also, if you use reviews and ask Wii owners for game recomendations, you will be able to avoid most of the garbage that gets put on the system. It is definitly worth buying.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Get one if you're a blind Nintendo fanboy that misses out on top games from *other* developers.

Or if you happen to enjoy Nintendo games. Besides, who says the Wii is the only one you can have? I was considering getting a 360, but I don't really enjoy MANY of their exclusives. I might still, but I'm saving up some money for upcoming birthdays.

You could get a Wii lots of great party type games its really fun too hours of enjoyment through if you like multiplayer and Teen and Mature stuff I wouldn't get it you could also wait for Wii HD (I bet it will cost more through) if your TV is HD.

There's no such thing as the Wii HD, that's a rumor. (A stupid rumor).

Yes.

Unless you are obsessed with completely life like graphics, which aren't necessary. Gameplay over graphics.

Some of my favorite titles:

Zelda: Twilight Princess

Brawl

Mario Galaxy

Mario Kart

And my new favorite : Tiger Woods 10, best game evar

Not to mention the ability to download the old classics ;)

All in all, Wii is win :thumbup:

No but if that "Wii 2" thing (looked kinda sus) I read a few months back is true, then there is Wii HD one day

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Yes.

Unless you are obsessed with completely life like graphics, which aren't necessary. Gameplay over graphics.

Some of my favorite titles:

Zelda: Twilight Princess

Brawl

Mario Galaxy

Mario Kart

And my new favorite : Tiger Woods 10, best game evar

Not to mention the ability to download the old classics ;)

All in all, Wii is win :thumbup:

I've only played one of those :oops:

But I admit that the rest of your list (with the exception of your new favourite, since I'm not a big fan of golf) looks promising, too.

So wild, your only favorite games are Nintendo exclusives? I mean after you exhaust the few Nintendo games you're going to be stuck with the rest of the library, which is crap.

So wild, your only favorite games are Nintendo exclusives? I mean after you exhaust the few Nintendo games you're going to be stuck with the rest of the library, which is crap.

I can name quite a few non-first party games that are worth your money on the console.

Zach and Wiki- Excellent and challenging puzzle game.

Resident Evil 4- A port, but very well done, with very good controls.

Okami- Beautiful and unique adventure game, came from the PS2, but makes the Wii transition very well.

De Blob- Unique and quirky platformer.

Games I havn't played but have high reviews:

No More Heroes- Mixed reviews, but still regaurded as one of the consoles best games.

Little King's Story- RPG-RTS hybrid.

Boom Blox (1&2) - Puzzle game from Steven Speilberg.

There are even more, but I don't want to go on. Also, the library of good games can only get larger, so upcoming games like Dead Space Extraction, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, and Red Steel 2 could all end up being some of the best games of the console. You could probably point out flaws and problems with each of the games up there, but you can't deny that there are 3rd party games that are worth the price you payed for them. You have to be able to look through the shovelware to find some of the gems.

Haha didn't even realize that :lol:

but yeah, that's why wii is win :P

And not necessarily, he's not saying he will ONLY play wii, so all these great nintendo games, along with Halo and what have you, good deal :thumbup:

No but if that "Wii 2" thing (looked kinda sus) I read a few months back is true, then there is Wii HD one day

No. Wii developers including CEO Satoru did not confirm that they were going to make wii HD because there wasn't any significant reasons to make one.

If you like nintendo series games and missed a lot of amazing classics in the old days. You can buy old excellent titles like Super Metroid, Secret of Mana, Super Mario RPG, nearly all of Mario's platforming games, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, F-Zero X, Starfox 64, and more.

• 2 weeks later...

Only games I would like to play that are on the Wii are:

Metroid Prime 3,

Tales of Symphonia 2,

SSBB,

and Fire Emblem 9 Goddess of Dawn.

The Fire Emblem series is my favorite of all games.

Prism_Swords.png

• 2 weeks later...

Been an Xbox 360 fanboy, I might have a bit of a biased opinion here, so bear with me. I'll go through all three consoles first.

Xbox 360: I have this one obviously. Has a large variety of games, ranging from easy, laid-back to hardcore and "omfg play online!". Nice graphics, is a multimedia system just like ps3 (and the much-loved ps2). I love the games I have on it at the moment :P

PS3: Although I don't have one, I have heard varying opinions on it. Has free online play which is nice, good graphics just like a 360, nice variety of games, but not as many as 360 has. Some games just don't work on PS3 as well as on 360 and vice versa. You also get killzone 2 and Resistance series (which, IMo, are extremely overrated).

Wii: Graphics are the worst out of all the next gen consoles, not really for hardcore gamers (has some shooters, but online play fails compared to PS3 and 360). BUT, you get all the original nintendo game franchises like Mario, Sonic (okay its Sega, but its on Nintendo) and you get all those extra exercise things (which I personally hate).

As you can see, I am not a fan of the Wii. I hate it with a passion, because it has basically ruined Mario and they recycle old ideas like Wii sports, then Wii sports on the beach, then Wii sports with another added landscape, etc. but if you like nintendo go for it.

disturbeda.png

Wii Sports is was a demo for the motion controls. Wii Sports Resort is a demo for the Wii Motion Plus. Both serve their purposes well. I don't see how Mario was ruined on the Wii. Super Mario Galaxy is one of the best games this console generation. New Super Mario Bros. Wii and Super Mario Galaxy 2 look excellent. I don't see where he was ruined.

As you can see, I am a fan of the Wii. :lol:

Yeah, you should get one, ignore all the homo fanboys here.

Good games for it.

Brawl

Zelda

Mario

Punch Out

Mario Kart (I mean, I liked it)

Conduit

Madworld

Mega Man 9 (Wiiware)

SBCG4AP (Wii Ware)

and of course all your old faves on the VC.

But one question still shrouds me, why isn't freaking Zero Wing on the VC.

And is Wings still on the air? IS WINGS STILL ON THE AIR?!?!?!?

Yeah, you should get one, ignore all the homo fanboys here.

Good games for it.

Brawl

Zelda

Mario

Punch Out

Mario Kart (I mean, I liked it)

Conduit

Madworld

Mega Man 9 (Wiiware)

SBCG4AP (Wii Ware)

and of course all your old faves on the VC.

But one question still shrouds me, why isn't freaking Zero Wing on the VC.

And is Wings still on the air? IS WINGS STILL ON THE AIR?!?!?!?

Minus The Conduit. The online has been hacked very badly already.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

Minus The Conduit. The online has been hacked very badly already.

Can you tell me 'how' it's been hacked? Like game breakingly so you cant move but they can, they're invincible and whatnot?

I dont need a siggy no moar.