Should I Get a Wii?

Maze

My birthday is coming, and I was wondering if a Wii was worth getting.

I had one about 2 years ago, but there were no good games at the time, so I sold it. Sure enough, after I sold, a wave of good games come out (Brawl, Galaxy, Pikmin, etc.). My mother wants a Wii for exercise games ( :lol: ). I'm not sure if I should get one though.

Are Wiis worth getting now?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There aren't many good games for it, but if you won't be playing your system a lot it is good. But if you will be playing a lot, buy a 360, or even a PS3 for the long term.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

Yes, especially if you loved Mario/Zelda/Animal Crossing/Smash Bros/Pikmin etc. Any sort of Nintendo franchise. There's not really a reason not to unless you love all those violent war games (some of which I do believe they make for the Wii...) and you've got your pick of rock band or guitar hero now.

Hint: Pikmin already exists for Gamecube. If you buy a Wii, buy the GC version cheap, do the same for Pikmin 2. I guarantee motion controls are not worth extra price.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

^ You can't get it cheap unless it doesn't work... Because the Wii has backwards compatability GC games are often more expensive then they were when they came out... Or the game's not that popular. You're not going to find ones less than $30 unless it's a little kids game.

If I had to pick a console now out of the three I would honestly choose a PS3, just because the new lineup looks extremely promising. (And I don't really play my 360 much).

As far as the Wii goes I don't think it's worth the money, or at least I wouldn't buy it. Don't get me wrong I would enjoy playing the new Mario and the other big nintendo exclusive games, but after that? Well all you're left with is a terrible selection of [cabbage]ty third party games. I mean, I can count the number of games I want to play on the Wii, honestly, on one hand:

- Super Mario Galaxy

- Twilight Princess

- Metroid Prime 3

Ok so 3 titles, 3. If you're a smash brothers fan than I guess you could put that on there too.

If I had to pick a console now out of the three I would honestly choose a PS3, just because the new lineup looks extremely promising. (And I don't really play my 360 much).

I actually just ordered a PS3 (I had a topic about this a few weeks ago) and that's why I am trying to sell my Wii. Anyhow I mostly bought it for an entertainment center rather than games, but there are a few games coming up that look fun. That 256 simultaneous players game I'd like to try.

EDIT: I don't want to give the OP the impression that he should be getting a PS3 instead of a Wii. It is very possible that you will get a lot more fun out of a Wii than a PS3. It's just my particular case I don't really want a Wii. Some of the games were really fun for when you are drinking with some friends though.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

If you want to buy mine I'll sell you it for $200.

How would I buy it?

You wouldn't.

$200 is $25 more than store price.

image.png image.png

Oh yeah, and I've thought of taking babies and throwing them. For funsies. - Lenticular J

ShamanSniper.gif

ShamanSniper.png

"Isn't it pathetic how everything in our society is built around someone screwing someone else out of their money?" - killerbeer0 on American Society

Rebdragon can't wiz a woz.

How would I buy it?

You wouldn't.

I'm pretty sure its not. I'm British and over here a Wii is £179.99. With the pound being worth more than the dollar i'd imagine a Wii would be at least $240.

How would I buy it?

You wouldn't.

I'm pretty sure its not. I'm British and over here a Wii is £179.99. With the pound being worth more than the dollar i'd imagine a Wii would be at least $240.

I think it's $249, though I'm not entirely sure.

How would I buy it?

You wouldn't.

Store price is $250. Used ones go for $200-$225.

@Mazemeout: If I set up an eBay page for it I'll let you know. I am pretty lazy though so I probably won't end up selling it, and it will just collect dust for a few years. But if you don't mind getting a used Wii (I don't think they have any hardware problems usually, so used is just as good as new) then you could probably order one off eBay or check the used part on the amazon page.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

The only Wii game I played for longer than 3 hours is Brawl, and I have over 1000 hours on it. It depends on what type of games you like...

Yeah, I have galaxy, mario kart, and the other popular games, although I stopped buying them because I figured out I don't like them.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

I got a Wii on launch day and played it a lot for a year or two. It has great games for Nintendo fans. Brawl, Twilight Princess, Mario Strikers Charged (Surprisingly addicting), Paper Mario, Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart, Fifa 08, and Excitetrucks are most the games I have for it. I think it was very worth it for me, although I was a very big Nintendo fan at the time. All those games got quite a bit of play time as I had played their predecessors on their previous consoles. I ended up getting a 360, though because of its online play and epic games (Oblivion, Halo 3, good driving games) which absolutely pwns the Wii anyday. Halo 3 has kept me busy for too long now and is probably nearing how long I spent with my Wii altogether.. :?

But anyway, I think the Wii is worth it as long as you have interest in those Mario/Zelda or other games and you think you'd play them a lot.. For now, though, I'll stick with my 360 while my Wii gathers dust.

Erm

I like shooters and competitive actiony games, so I always play my 360, dont even use the wii anymore.

If you like large group just for fun games, the Wii is for you. If you like skillful competitive in-depth games, the 360 is good for you, and if you like...well PS3 is hard to explain.

GG.gif