Zombieland - Kinda like the US Shaun of the Dead

Dizzle229

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus [bleep], ratchet, you don't like anything. Go away. You're like Comic Book Guy.

I thought it was great. Very humorous. I especially loved the application of the rules on-screen.

I like a lot of things, but I didn't find the movie that funny.

Personally, the last movie in the past year I went to see in theaters that surpassed my expectations was GI JOE Rise of Cobra. I am getting that on DVD, it was really good.

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

Honestly GI Joe was laughable. But I guess it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

There were so many flashbacks they could have made a whole movie just with the flashbacks.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Personally, the last movie in the past year I went to see in theaters that surpassed my expectations was GI JOE Rise of Cobra. I am getting that on DVD, it was really good.

You probably thought Hancock was good too.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

You probably thought Hancock was good too.

No, I thought that was Will Smiths worst role.

GI Joe was probably, in my opinion, good because I went in with very, very low expectations. I was thinking along the lines of Transformers 2 bad. I desperately wanted to hate it, but I found it was good. It might have been cheesy and flawed at some points, but it still had enough action to it and suspense that I could sit through the whole thing without groaning (Can't say that for Night At The Museum 2, Transformers 2, and Zombieland(The only other movies I've gone to theaters to see this year))

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

Am I the only one who thought Shaun of the Dead sucked? :(

Yeah.

mssigqc5.jpgI do English to Japanese and Japanese to English translation for free! Just keep it under 5 sentences, and PM me to use my fluency in Japanese to your advantage!

No, I thought that was Will Smiths worst role.

Of course you did.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Am I the only one who thought Shaun of the Dead sucked? :(

yes.

Reinforcement.

Yes.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Tbh I liked it more than Shaun of the Dead, but I do love them both. Hopefully the zomedy genre will keep growing.

Couldn't believe the whole Bill Murray thing! I just wish they would have done more with the rules.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

I really think its going to be another film that is completly overated.

I bet they won't realise how superior a sledgehammer is against zombies whatsoever.

You swing a sledgehammer once, and then you need to prepare again. Sledgehammers are much like chainsaws, fun to use, but useless.

Saw the film today. Was pretty funny, thankfully the trailers didn't give away too much, I have to agree with one of the college tutors though, I hate seeing trailers for films, as they give away the good parts. Disliked the Haunted House part..I just hate enclosed, dark areas that leave you wondering what the hell is going on.

As a comedy, it works.

Though for me, it's just an average recent zombie film, the suspense wasn't really that played up at times, like in 28 Days Later. Or maybe I just have issues with the fact they put survival first, but then activate the whole place..That's just telling the zombies where you are.

Also, I thought at first it may just be a US "Shaun of the Dead", but it's completely different.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

Whichever you like better, Shaun or Zombieland, we can always agree on this: They both beat the hell out of Hide and Creep.

Oh, I see what they did there.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

I liked it. They could probably do a sequel if they wanted too.

They said if the first does well and all the actors are on board, they want to do another. Originally it was going to be a TV series, so they'll just take the next few episodes and make a movie, apparently they have enough ideas/plans for something like 12 movies

yes.png

I loved it, forgot Bill Murray was in it, but I did remember that a "celebrity guest star" was going to be in it, and was excited when it was him. Didn't even realize I already knew until I saw my June post :smile: .

I didn't know Bill Murray was in it. Even more of a reason for me to go see it. He is one of my favorites.

tFtfA.jpg

I didn't know Bill Murray was in it until I saw it which made his role even better. Absolutely hilarious.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."