15th July 2009 - PvP Changes

Xecer

Awesome. This should make the pricing on some items a lot more laughable. I just wish this did a bit more for 26k'ing.. erm 76king? I suppose it will help some since players can no longer 4-item in order to raise EP nor trade cash values to random people (unless they want to lose it). Now everyone you see in the wilderness will likely be risking. This means loot is now given to those willing to risk it. \'

Awesome update.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved seeing two people fighting in bandos outside edge bank and people watching them in awe

this is what the wild should be like, lol

Exactly how it should be! If your not brave enough to risk your items, don't risk them and GTFO. Yes it may not address all the issues but at least this update brings it back to the PKers who actually do it for the fun, not for the quick and easy cash. And it also helps to balance out an issue of overpowered weapons, it'll at least make PJers more wary of what to do.

Although I'm not a PKer myself and this doesn't really affect me I think this is a good step in the right direction from Jagex and I hope they continue to work on it and improve it.

Dark_Jab.png

Good update, it will scare away the rushers and the 26k sitters with skills cape. You will still make money from EP but just a little less. NOw using brawlers... make sure you can tele out, or tank till bank. PVP will now be what it should always have been , a risky place where you can get great rewards.

Good job Jagex, but don't stop at this, fix the chaos bolting. Until then, you give me no choice but to continue getting mage up.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

104g2df.jpg

DAMN jagex just ruined pvp....

I'm quite pissed about the brawler situation too. I had some agility brawlers I was saving for the SnC olympics :cry:

:lol: I like wild like this, more realistic and they finally got rid of the ags/claws pjers. =D>

Kuja_Cocoa.png

quit trying to buy rune arrows, they're obsolete lol

dragon bolts (e) are ftw

can't wait to go mage the [cabbage] out of all these noobs :twisted:

omg should have told me before, i got 100rune arrows so far, and now the mage will freeze the noobs, barrage FTW

Iyaari.png

comp-regular.png

Im buying like 10k rune arrows max now

range is gona go up :D

Sorry bad Fluffy already bought all the rune arrows on the market.

i just bought 2k no problem...

omg i put it at max and i only got 1 so far [bleep]

same lol... 1 / 100k bough so far...

Disregard females.

Acquire currency.

But a dds is only 40k...sure you won't need to fear the AGS or D claws anymore, but for 40k, a dds is really strong. What's stopping the pj'ers from grabbing a dds? And now, there will be even MORE pj'ers because they know there's more to win.

I'm not saying this is a bad update, but I just want all of you who are saying "lol gf pjers" to know that there's more to be considered.

This is a step in the right direction. I hope it isn't the only step Jagex will take against 26k'ers.

yeap more pjers and claw rushers who will rush and kill take stuff and tele more

Well we do have teleblock. Cast that on any AGS'er or Claw'er and you'll probably send them running.

But a dds is only 40k...sure you won't need to fear the AGS or D claws anymore, but for 40k, a dds is really strong. What's stopping the pj'ers from grabbing a dds? And now, there will be even MORE pj'ers because they know there's more to win.

I'm not saying this is a bad update, but I just want all of you who are saying "lol gf pjers" to know that there's more to be considered.

This is a step in the right direction. I hope it isn't the only step Jagex will take against 26k'ers.

yeap more pjers and claw rushers who will rush and kill take stuff and tele more

Well we do have teleblock. Cast that on any AGS'er or Claw'er and you'll probably send them running.

but the fish still got away :lol: , unless i chase it with my harpoon and kill it for ags and d claws

Iyaari.png

comp-regular.png

THIS DOESN'T SOLVE ANYTHING! 26kers will now just move to 76king. A little more cost but still loads of money. In the mean time all the pkers are screwed over because they can't protect whip, godsword, or anything of remote value to them. D scims will probably shoot up now. And brawlers are absolutely worthless because you lose them guarenteed if you die!

Claw rushers will still be invincible in their bandos and protect melee, they'll just be a little more nervous than before. AGS's will probably plunge and maybe claws will drop a little from those 1 iteming rushers who are new screwed over. The only good thing that came out of this is that 1 itemers no longer can 1 item, and they weren't evne that big of a problem in the first place!

BTW, d scims can't shool up in price, they are already at thier max G.E. vaule of 100,200 coins. Just thought I should put that out there.

And I don't remember who said it, but PVP will become more skillful now.

THIS DOESN'T SOLVE ANYTHING! 26kers will now just move to 76king. A little more cost but still loads of money. In the mean time all the pkers are screwed over because they can't protect whip, godsword, or anything of remote value to them. D scims will probably shoot up now. And brawlers are absolutely worthless because you lose them guarenteed if you die!

Claw rushers will still be invincible in their bandos and protect melee, they'll just be a little more nervous than before. AGS's will probably plunge and maybe claws will drop a little from those 1 iteming rushers who are new screwed over. The only good thing that came out of this is that 1 itemers no longer can 1 item, and they weren't evne that big of a problem in the first place!

BTW, d scims can't shool up in price, they are already at thier max G.E. vaule of 100,200 coins. Just thought I should put that out there.

yeap more competetive, since the best pkers will be walking the streets, hopefully i can be one of them, ( never pked while risking my d claws)

Iyaari.png

comp-regular.png

nawe, max price is shop price if i remember correctly, and shop price is 120k or so.

If mage is going to become a preferred means of pking in PvP worlds then surely that will make runecrafting more profitable with crafting deaths and bloods?

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."