Some Pictures from Jagex

n_odie

If the day/night comes, I'll be happy, it sounds awesome- however I'm wondering how they'll run it if they do:

- Run it on a 'runescape' clock. Make it so everything is synced, so it goes by 1 clock. Meaning some players would usually play at a night, some at a day time. (This would be the dumbest option)

- Make a setting to set your time (or whatever time you want for that matter- say you WANT to always be playing at night), So at about the time nightfall starts around that timezone, it starts like that in runescape. (Would be nice, and also the pic showed a few different darknesses, so it could get gradually darker. Nice effect if that's right)

- Make some whacked out clock, where it changes like every hour (Hour of dark, light, etc).

- Make it an option to turn off.

Obviously the 2nd would be most likely, but I've learned- never count out the possibilities. The first could also happen as well, never know.

Nice pics though.

sgsagssighe6.jpg

the trick is to balance all of these methods to get 99 and either play real life or train another skill while farming.

635th to 99 Farming 12/16/07

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ship.... could it FINALLY be the Kudos Island? COULD IT BE!!!?!??!?!

I hope...

Anyway, like others said, Day and Night is in the last picture... Gimme More, Jagex, Gimme More...

EDIT: Or maybe, it could be server based? Maybe that's what you wanted to say, if so sorry, but it could be a good idea.

ib7rVm.png

Have you guys noticed?

[hide=Day/Night Picture]jageximage6.jpg

In the Bottom right of each of the 3 pictures(expect the top left one, which is normal view) is the words; "RED","BLUE" and "GREEN. Any ideas what this could mean?"[/hide]

Another idea for this concept is could be this year's Halloween Spoiler, <3:

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

Have you guys noticed?

[hide=Day/Night Picture]jageximage6.jpg

In the Bottom right of each of the 3 pictures(expect the top left one, which is normal view) is the words; "RED","BLUE" and "GREEN. Any ideas what this could mean?"[/hide]

Another idea for this concept is could be this year's Halloween Spoiler, <3:

Not sure if this is what you're getting at but if you look at it each picture is tinted to the color in the corner. Graphical preferences perhaps?

Any input? #-o

Quagsire.png

the one thing i did notice about the "day/night" picture that in the corner if you enlarge it like some one on the second page did you can see the old compass thingy. the red-er one that had the 4 letters of the compass rose rather then just north, like the one we have now

what does this mean? are they bringing the old one back?why on earth would they do that?am i crazy? :ohnoes:

if this was said sorry i didnt see it when i looked :roll:

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

the one thing i did notice about the "day/night" picture that in the corner if you enlarge it like some one on the second page did you can see the old compass thingy. the red-er one that had the 4 letters of the compass rose rather then just north, like the one we have now

what does this mean? are they bringing the old one back?why on earth would they do that?am i crazy? :ohnoes:

~~~legoman187~~~

Don't think it was mentioned, but nice find, didn't notice that. I wouldn't mind either way, doesn't really effect the game that much other than the 1 centimeter in diameter compass. :?

Quagsire.png

Anyone else noticed the Asian looking armour in the first picture? Maybe they'll be releasing the eastern lands soon?

To those who don't know what the eastern lands are, it's where the Mysterious Old Man got the Strange Box.

Also, Ak-Haranu, a trader in Port Phasmatys, says he came from the eastern lands, which are across the sea, east from Morytania.

Kamfreena, located in the top of the Warriors' Guild, says that Harrallak Menarous, the owner of the guild, went on an expedition to the Far Eastern Lands and brought along with him the Cyclopes, often killed for the Rune Defender.
16185_s.gif

~~~legoman187~~~

Don't think it was mentioned, but nice find, didn't notice that. I wouldn't mind either way, doesn't really effect the game that much other than the 1 centimeter in diameter compass. :?

not to brag but on a 32" hdtv or bigger its muc hbigger tahn 1cm.......=p

i luv this i really hope the baot is for eastern lands....im dieing for a new quest my cape is getting dusty -.-..

and the new whip lookslike its gona pwn.....may need to get thef cape to go with outfit -.- dagnabit

James_scholl.gif

Anyone else noticed the Asian looking armour in the first picture? Maybe they'll be releasing the eastern lands soon?

To those who don't know what the eastern lands are, it's where the Mysterious Old Man got the Strange Box.

Also, Ak-Haranu, a trader in Port Phasmatys, says he came from the eastern lands, which are across the sea, east from Morytania.

Kamfreena, located in the top of the Warriors' Guild, says that Harrallak Menarous, the owner of the guild, went on an expedition to the Far Eastern Lands and brought along with him the Cyclopes, often killed for the Rune Defender.

Those were thumbnails of possible concepts for the agile armor which has already been released. I doubt it.

And on the boat being Eastern Lands - where did this come from? We see an updated building for what seems to be the fishing guild and all of a sudden we've got "OMG BOAT - HINT AT EASTRN LANDS PLZ??". It's a freaking boat, there's plenty of them across RuneScape.

cliffside1ra5.png

Those were thumbnails of possible concepts for the agile armor which has already been released. I doubt it.

And on the boat being Eastern Lands - where did this come from? We see an updated building for what seems to be the fishing guild and all of a sudden we've got "OMG BOAT - HINT AT EASTRN LANDS PLZ??". It's a freaking boat, there's plenty of them across RuneScape.

its more of aa dieing hope from us questers...its killing us especially if u no alot of history about runescape....

but what is this agil armour ppl are talking about it i just recently started playing again and havent heard word of it till now?

James_scholl.gif

So many concept art for so many updates in the pipelines, I hope all these would be released in a MEGA UPDATE that isn't PVP related. :lol:

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

I never said the boat having anything to do with the Eastern Lands... And where did you take that info that those armours were concepts for the agile armour?

16185_s.gif

I never said the boat having anything to do with the Eastern Lands... And where did you take that info that those armours were concepts for the agile armour?

Do you even know what the Agile top and bottom look like? They both have knee pads just like these do and the tops look exactly the same except without the little green thing in the middle of the chest. It's the agile top and bottom. Case closed, end of story.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

[hide=quote chain]

Do you even know what the Agile top and bottom look like? They both have knee pads just like these do and the tops look exactly the same except without the little green thing in the middle of the chest. It's the agile top and bottom. Case closed, end of story.

[/hide]

not to be an uniformed nub -.- but wtf are agil top and bottoms >.< rouge stuff? < i have feeling thats not wht u think

James_scholl.gif

[hide=quote chain]

not to be an uniformed nub -.- but wtf are agil top and bottoms >.< rouge stuff? < i have feeling thats not wht u think

[/hide]

@jcube No, agile armor. It came with the release of the Extended Agility Courses.

@Napalm Death I never said you did. It was a reply to other statements of people saying the boat may mean Eastern Lands/Kudos Island.

cliffside1ra5.png

[hide=quote chain]

No one said the boat hinted towards Eastern Lands, Napalm_Death thought the 'Asian looking armour' did. But I agree it looks almost identical to Agile armour, so it won't be a future update.

[/hide]

@jcube No, agile armor. It came with the release of the Extended Agility Courses.

@Napalm Death I never said you did. It was a reply to other statements of people saying the boat may mean Eastern Lands/Kudos Island.

No one said the boat hinted towards Eastern Lands. Napalm_Death only thought the 'Asian-looking armour' did. But I agree, it looks almost identical to the Agile armour, so it won't be in any future updates.

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg

If the day/night comes, I'll be happy, it sounds awesome- however I'm wondering how they'll run it if they do:

- Run it on a 'runescape' clock. Make it so everything is synced, so it goes by 1 clock. Meaning some players would usually play at a night, some at a day time. (This would be the dumbest option)

- Make a setting to set your time (or whatever time you want for that matter- say you WANT to always be playing at night), So at about the time nightfall starts around that timezone, it starts like that in runescape. (Would be nice, and also the pic showed a few different darknesses, so it could get gradually darker. Nice effect if that's right)

- Make some whacked out clock, where it changes like every hour (Hour of dark, light, etc).

- Make it an option to turn off.

Obviously the 2nd would be most likely, but I've learned- never count out the possibilities. The first could also happen as well, never know.

Nice pics though.

I've seen day/night implementations in almost every mmorpg I've played. Runescape is probably the only big company game that hasn't done this yet due to the limitations of Java.

After the improvements to Java technology, I'm assuming they are going to base it off every other mmorpg...that means they will have an in-game time system which would fully cycle a day-night routine every 6 OR 12 hours.

To summarize and answer your question: Option 1 with a shorter day time span so players around the world can have a chance to experience day change. The system is already there..."FARMING SKILL". The only issue that comes up is having to graphically design 4 different versions of "outdoors" runescape to fit the time changes.

tomcatgt.png

tenta.png

Runescape, Funorb, "Mechscape" Videos

http://www.youtube.com/user/TOMCATLX

[hide=Day/Night Picture]Jagex_Image_6.jpg[/hide]

What's that crow doing on the roof?

EDIT - in the "night "pictures the house in the back has disappeared and there is some kind of fence behind/on the house. Maybe it's not day/night?

[hide=Day/Night Picture]Jagex_Image_6.jpg[/hide]

What's that crow doing on the roof?

EDIT - in the "night "pictures the house in the back has disappeared and there is some kind of fence behind/on the house. Maybe it's not day/night?

I thought about that too when I took a second glance at it but thought about not saying anything...

...UNTIL NOW!!!!

There's three possibilities on what this image is:

1) By glancing at it quickly, I can assume it's day/night because of the lighting in the sky and on the door lamp.

2) It's a montage of before and after. Shot 1 is Current Runescape and the last three shots are updated versions. Last frame being the most enhanced.

3) It's a montage of before and after except that the last three frames are supposed to show a real time change from night to day. Basically a combination of the first and second possibilities.

4) It's a montage...again....before and after except the last three frames are OPTIONS to what it could become. Perhaps they are looking for player feedback saying "OOOH!! I like the colors on that frame 3 alot!"

Looking at it in detail, it's obvious that alot of graphical features are missing in the first frame to think it's option 1).

tomcatgt.png

tenta.png

Runescape, Funorb, "Mechscape" Videos

http://www.youtube.com/user/TOMCATLX

Concept art always looks good.

I'm not really excited if day/night update does come. Graphic updates are fanatastic the first week, but you soon forget about them.

Jagex does have light/dark transitions in game. If you walk in the area between the eastern wall of Falador and western side of Draynor Manor the area slowly goes light to dark (HD mode).

"I'd rather bear the comments people say to insult ya, then to poison my skin and erase my culture " - Deep Foundation

I'd love to see the day/night cycles. If we could change it to our own time, i'd change my time just so it'd always be night \'

Adamant Dragons I wouldn't care too much about, I can't even get to mithril and wouldn't bother killing them :|

Seems like good changes are to come :D

Quagsire.png

I'd love to see the day/night cycles. If we could change it to our own time, i'd change my time just so it'd always be night \'

Adamant Dragons I wouldn't care too much about, I can't even get to mithril and wouldn't bother killing them :|

Seems like good changes are to come :D

Turn the brightness on your screen down then.

As for addy dragons, I won't kill them either but it will mean places like GWD and other good training places get used less, even if it is only for 1 day.

perfetc_666.png

IM GOING TO LIVE FOREVER .......... or die trying