NEW! Should skillcapes become f2p items

Kingkapugen

First of all, I AM F2p, and the answer is no.

Why not, because its P2p content. They pay for it, they get it. IF F2p gets the capes it will prove the point that if F2p'ers are allowed on the forums they would whine for P2p content and worst of all get it.

This dousnt mean I dont want F2p 99 to be recognised, it will only flip the raw material versus end product prices even more. And most people only get the 99 to show off with the capes (not to reach 99 and enjoy it).

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Makoto_the_Phoenix, I was saying if jagex made it so you can only have a skill cape if at some time you had been a member then that would be like RWT.

I really should and I will when I answer all the things on TIF :lol:

perfetc_666.png

IM GOING TO LIVE FOREVER .......... or die trying

Idea:

Instead of Skillcapes becoming F2P items, What about it they are useable in F2P. It shows Mining Cape (t) instead of Members Object. This way people who have been in P2P can use their hard earned Cape and people who are F2P if they have multiple 99's then they can pay for 1 months subscription, run around grabbing the capes for their 99's return to F2P Happily Ever After. :pray: :pray:

This is exactly what I've been saying.

perfetc,

There is nothing wrong with buying membership and using it the way you want to. You must have misunderstood that.

f203f1850c.png

Don't beg for members content because you don't feel like paying a tiny subscription fee.

:thumbdown:

I agree, why even continue playing if you don't like that you can't have member content? Why get a 99? Skillcapes are member content and should never be made f2p. Yes they have to work harder for a 99, but if they're patient enough to go for a 99, why cant they make it easier by paying for membership?

this is exactly what i was trying to point out earlier in this thread before i got e-raped for my opinions. There is nothing hard about buying a membership. Imo it would be nice for f2p to have skillcapes also, but what is so freaking hard about buying a month's membership? And the "i want to stay f2p pure" argument is invalid, whoever says this brings this upon themselves.

Disregard females.

Acquire currency.

ITT;

Elitist members who think because F2P'ers don't pay to play they don't deserve reward for their hard effort.

stop spending 5 dollars on vending machines and buy a membership troll

You call him a troll. Heh.

These types of threads always turn into back-and-forth arguments that never really get anywhere in a broad standpoint.

But my view? Yes, absolutely.

An F2P player becoming a member, solely for the purpose of getting a skillcape is ridiculous, nobody would do that.

Please stop using it as a reason why they shouldn't become available to non-members.

Attack: 65/65

Strength: 99/99

Defense: 60/60

Prayer: 44/44

Ranged: 67/99

Magic: 52/85

An F2P player becoming a member, solely for the purpose of getting a skillcape is ridiculous, nobody would do that.

Please stop using it as a reason why they shouldn't become available to non-members.

Some body in this very thread claims to, I would name who but I can't remember (I even thought today was friday :lol: )

Idea:

Instead of Skillcapes becoming F2P items, What about it they are useable in F2P. It shows Mining Cape (t) instead of Members Object. This way people who have been in P2P can use their hard earned Cape and people who are F2P if they have multiple 99's then they can pay for 1 months subscription, run around grabbing the capes for their 99's return to F2P Happily Ever After. :pray: :pray:

perfetc,

There is nothing wrong with buying membership and using it the way you want to. You must have misunderstood that.

Your right there isn't but forcing people to do as a means to get a cape is just unfair.

13 - 16 year olds who's perants wont let them get members now can't have a cape cos of there perants unwillingness to pay £3.50 is just harsh and I don't think jagex are ever going to adopt this idea.

That might not be his aim but that is what it will lead to, people being left out cos they can't buy membership for 1 month to collect there capes.

Imagine yourself in that postion, full f2p 99's and tight perants.

perfetc_666.png

thats true buying membership for a cape?

i can think of at least 7 other reasons to get a membership.

Pit_Guardian.png

Gamertag: EFs Predator.

Games I play: Halo 3, Halo wars.

[hide=Stupid mistaken quote by a noob Angus and Me.. >=\]

Some body in this very thread claims to, I would name who but I can't remember (I even thought today was friday :lol: )

Idea:

perfetc,

Your right there isn't but forcing people to do as a means to get a cape is just unfair.

13 - 16 year olds who's perants wont let them get members now can't have a cape cos of there perants unwillingness to pay £3.50 is just harsh and I don't think jagex are ever going to adopt this idea.

That might not be his aim but that is what it will lead to, people being left out cos they can't buy membership for 1 month to collect there capes.

[/hide]

What the friggin hell.. Someone made a screw up cos i "AnthonyL" made that IDEA: quote not Angus.. Jesus Christ #-o

Unspam:

You think of a better idea then or shut the hell up.. ::'

AnthonyWL.png

99 Fishing | 99 Cooking | 99 Woodcutting | | 99 Herblore | 99 Prayer |

| 99 Runecrafting | 99 Fletching | 99 Hitpoints | 99 Range |

Youtube: AnthonyOnRS.

You both like the idea so why the hell not quote you, that way I get the two people who like the idea in the same quote.

As for other reasons to become a member: mini games, armour, quests, items, skills, new ways to train old skill and more things to train in that skill (craft new runes in rc) but thats just off the top off my head.

But you pathetic people against this are saying no to 15 capes :shame:

perfetc_666.png

I did exactly that, but it doesn't mean I didn't enjoy a little castle wars along with it.

What the friggin hell.. Someone made a screw up cos i "AnthonyL" made that IDEA: quote not Angus.. Jesus Christ #-o

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=752642

I've had that idea for about a year now.

perfetc,

Full F2P access to skill capes would be great; it would solve a lot of problems that my suggestion would solve.

However, as you have seen, there is still a lot of opposition to full access. Jagex might not be willing to give skill capes to F2P just because the small percentage of F2P with 99's have parents that won't buy them membership.

f203f1850c.png

I did exactly that, but it doesn't mean I didn't enjoy a little castle wars along with it.

[hide=Stupid mistaken quote by a noob Angus and Me.. >=\]

Idea:

perfetc,

[/hide]

Unspam:

You think of a better idea then or shut the hell up.. ::'

Neither of you read what I said.

An F2P player becoming a member, SOLELY for the purpose of getting a skillcape is ridiculous.

Yes, it may be one reason, but nobody with an IQ over 50 would get membership, get the skillcape and then go back and stick to F2P worlds. That's just silly, and very egotistical - you're only getting it to show off in such a case.

It is much more difficult for somebody to achieve a 99 in F2P. A 99 is a 99, and there is no reason why any person, member or non-member, shouldn't be able to hold bragging rights over it. The stats of the cape would also be beneficial, yet still not a dramatic increase such that it would effect F2P.

That being said, in the future please read other's posts more carefully. A maxed player telling me to 'shut the hell up' made me laugh. You are very socially akward, and now I know why! :lol:

Crimsoncow42, no matter what jagex do there going to annoy loads of people for a little bit, just look at the recent updates thread on the RSOF, it gets flooded with mini rants after every update.

That being said they won't have full access to skill capes just 15 of them, all that you need to be done is make a few new npc's and give new chat options to some old ones and it is all sorted.

perfetc_666.png

Crimsoncow42, no matter what jagex do there going to annoy loads of people for a little bit, just look at the recent updates thread on the RSOF, it gets flooded with mini rants after every update.

And if they make skillcapes ftp i guarantee that members will be ranting.

Not to mention the effects on the runescape economy. Before the skillcapes release, some of the best ways to train skills efficiently were very profitable. However, once the capes arrived, prices skyrocketed and now there are almost no ways to train the majority of skills without taking a major loss.

How much worse do you think the prices of those materials would get if at least triple the amount of people had an incentive to max too?

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

It's not ridiculous. You may belittle the skill cape, but, to many others, it is a highly sought-after item. When they first came out, skill capes were one of the reasons why cooking and fletching became much less profitable than they once were. It's not hard to imagine an F2P player buying a card from 7-11 and grabbing a skill cape or going for 99 hunter or fletching in a month's time. They might even try out some of the members features for a little bit. This is what I did. However, I see myself mainly as an F2P player and I'm sure some people have done it as well.

f203f1850c.png

Isn't that what I just said :roll:

Jagex could give every person 1 mill and people would still complian.

When the run update came out I thought "no body is not going to like this" but guess what ... they were still ranting about it. Were is the problem in being able to run for longer? It lets you get places ALOT quicker, you don't have suffer that snails pace that they call walking for very long it's all good but people said it wasn't needed.

I feel sorry for the jagex staff, they bring out updates every week and they all get slated for there effort. How many people have made a thread on the RSOF about the good work jagex do? As far as I know 1 thread (cos I made it), I doubt very much that it is still there though.

Jagex must be thinking what can we do to please every body?

perfetc_666.png

Not to mention the effects on the runescape economy. Before the skillcapes release, some of the best ways to train skills efficiently were very profitable. However, once the capes arrived, prices skyrocketed and now there are almost no ways to train the majority of skills without taking a major loss.

How much worse do you think the prices of those materials would get if at least triple the amount of people had an incentive to max too?

Maybe people will stop training like that then and actually spend 5 mins doing there own resource collecting like I do, instead of camping in GWD make a few mill then buy there skills.

They will get exp alot quicker that way, like mine your own ores and smelt them instead of teleing to the ge buying the ores, going across to edgeville, smelt them then sell them back, then mine like crazy to get 99 mining.

Btw did you read the thing about RWT?

perfetc_666.png

Economy this, economy that, you ought to play election bingo. Grab a card and place different words around the card, in bingo format, and try to make a line. (Hint: use words like Economy, healthcare, citizen etc.)

OT: Prices did not skyrocket because skillcapes were realeased, it was a string of updates. And no, achieving a 99 has not become more difficult or any less profitable than it has in the past, in fact there are many effective ways to train and combat skill effectively and still profit! (See armoured zombies, aviansies etc.)

Other than that, once again, skillcapes aren't the only reason that prices (according to you) rised; just one of many.

OT: Prices did not skyrocket because skillcapes were realeased, it was a string of updates. And no, achieving a 99 has not become more difficult or any less profitable than it has in the past, in fact there are many effective ways to train and combat skill effectively and still profit! (See armoured zombies, aviansies etc.)

But skillcapes where a big part of it. And many ways that used to be profitable are now gone. And if there is a way to trian profitable skills it goes down excluding most combat spots.

Economy this, economy that, you ought to play election bingo. Grab a card and place different words around the card, in bingo format, and try to make a line. (Hint: use words like Economy, healthcare, citizen etc.)

Other than that, once again, skillcapes aren't the only reason that prices (according to you) rised; just one of many.

First off, I don't see what the fuss is about talking about economical effects. The 99 capes are much bigger than the "you don't pay so you don't get any" argument.

I was referring to the secondary skills like fletch, fm, crafting, etc. And I never said that the capes were the only reason that prices rose, although they were one of the biggest factors.

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

First off, I don't see what the fuss is about talking about economical effects. The 99 capes are much bigger than the "you don't pay so you don't get any" argument.

I was referring to the secondary skills like fletch, fm, crafting, etc. And I never said that the capes were the only reason that prices rose, although they were one of the biggest factors.

Make up your mind.

"I don't see what the fuss is about talking about economical effects."

"I was referring to the secondary skills like fletch, fm, crafting, etc."

"Not to mention the effects on the runescape economy."

:|

perfetc_666.png