NEW! Should skillcapes become f2p items

Kingkapugen

Yes, IMO they should get skillcapes, we all know that getting a skill to 99 in f2p is much harder than p2p (with the exception of maybe 3 or so).

qpqiow.png

ruins.png De_Elite_One.png

Inefficiency = fun. That's objective and can't be debated. Ever.

Blog to 200m in all skills.

Max cape achieved November 5th, 2011.

Completionist cape achieved December 29th, 2011.

Final Boss title achieved December 28th, 2014.

Trimmed completionist cape achieved November 7th, 2015.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skillcapes should be f2p, because honestly...if you get to 99 on an f2p world, you deserve the god damn cape. P2Pers get real easy exp, F2pers are left in the dust. I estimate about 3 months of hard clicking labor for a P2P to get to lvl 99 in a skill. in F2p I'd say it takes atleast (ATLEAST) 3 times as long.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Skillcapes should be f2p, because honestly...if you get to 99 on an f2p world, you deserve the god damn cape. P2Pers get real easy exp, F2pers are left in the dust. I estimate about 3 months of hard clicking labor for a P2P to get to lvl 99 in a skill. in F2p I'd say it takes atleast (ATLEAST) 3 times as long.

Not all skills, and i want cirtin things to stay ptp.

The only people that should be complaining (If I'm honest) are those that get skills up just for the cape, or just to have a cape. I'm sure that if some Skillcapes were made F2P, it's not going to affect what you do in Member's worlds now is it?

I think they should. F2Pers often have to work more to get level 99 in skills than members have, so when they reach 99 I think that they deserve to be able to show off a bit.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Make skillcapes wearable in F2P. Everybody wins.

Best solution imo, there's no reason that F2p shouldn't be able to show off their achievements but at the same time if your committed enough to the game to get a f2p 99 that there's no reason why you cant be committed enough to pay £5.

I think it really boils down to F2pers who love to say their pure F2p and then dont want to pay for the cape as then they cant prove they were F2p for the duration of getting their 99.

Theres a fine line between not listening and not caring,

I like to think I walk this line every day.

Pinning blame on Jagex is like trying to put pants on an old man.

You both know he needs them, but he'll just keep dancing around, avoiding them at all costs.

No, eat one less big mac meal every month.

You pay 5 bucks for a Big Mac :ohnoes:

**EDIT**

Dodge all McDonalds in the first place lol..

My input:

F2P Should get Skillcapes.

You try getting the amount of cash/xp per hour in F2P that you do in P2P for Runecrafting.

The only real way to solve this is to meet in the middle. Otherwise its like a game of Tennis... Back and forth back and forth.

But it seems the only REAL problem is that members (some not all) seem to feel blindsided if F2P get Skillcapes and they do not have to pay whereas P2P obviously does.

But let me ask you this:

If F2P do get Skillcapes and you get outraged because now there is no real need to pay to get 99 for a cool Cape; would you stop P2P for that exact reason? :roll:

AnthonyWL.png

99 Fishing | 99 Cooking | 99 Woodcutting | | 99 Herblore | 99 Prayer |

| 99 Runecrafting | 99 Fletching | 99 Hitpoints | 99 Range |

Youtube: AnthonyOnRS.

The only people that should be complaining (If I'm honest) are those that get skills up just for the cape, or just to have a cape. I'm sure that if some Skillcapes were made P2P, it's not going to affect what you do in Member's worlds now is it?

If some skillcapes were made p2p? :lol:

No, eat one less big mac meal every month.

OMG I have to fork over 5 bucks a month to wear a skillcape that nobody gives a [cabbage] about.

1 big mac = $5! :shock:

no.

If you can't give a reason why they shouldn't it would make you look less stupid if you just :-$

perfetc_666.png

IM GOING TO LIVE FOREVER .......... or die trying

Ooh! I do quite like the idea of making the cape look less nice for f2pers. Although they'll still have the same status on f2p as normal capes do on p2p, plus if you see one horrible cape and one nice cape for the same skill on f2p, you're bound to respect the horrible cape more for doing it on f2p if that makes sense. It's got pros and cons I guess.

Tbh this debate's been going on since skillcapes came out and as much as I'd like to see it happen I doubt it will.

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

Don't beg for members content because you don't feel like paying a tiny subscription fee.

:thumbdown:

I would class members content as stuff such as God Swords, Barrows, God Wars, Castle Wars.

Not something as trivial as a Cape which shows your achievement. Besides. How is a F2P and its skills in relation to a cape P2P content.?

**EDIT**

@Plugpoint:

In that MechScape the cape looks disgusting. How come F2P shouldn't get the same Cape look as P2P. Its just as hard if not harder to get 99 in F2P.

**EDIT2**

Also.. By Lord John.

I'd love to have f2p skill capes. Finally something for all that grinding I did ages ago before I retired ;P

It is MUCH MUCH harder in F2P. They don't get all the ready items such as Teaks for fast Woodcutting experience, or even Magic Trees for semi-decent cash. 91 rc is useless in F2P. They don't get natures for 250M and decent time/xp from 91-99.

AnthonyWL.png

99 Fishing | 99 Cooking | 99 Woodcutting | | 99 Herblore | 99 Prayer |

| 99 Runecrafting | 99 Fletching | 99 Hitpoints | 99 Range |

Youtube: AnthonyOnRS.

Don't beg for members content because you don't feel like paying a tiny subscription fee.

:thumbdown:

I agree, why even continue playing if you don't like that you can't have member content? Why get a 99? Skillcapes are member content and should never be made f2p. Yes they have to work harder for a 99, but if they're patient enough to go for a 99, why cant they make it easier by paying for membership?

Quagsire.png

Actually, having worn a skillcape on both p2p and f2p, I preferred wearing it on p2p. On a member's world, everybody's seen the emote and most people know the best way to train. You just get the odd "nice cape" comment and maybe "how long did that take?" but on f2p you're constantly bombarded with "omg nice cape, emote plz" and questions about how long it took, how you did it, why you did it, how you'd recommend they train that skill.

If anything, I think the best idea would be to make capes f2p - but put the cape-sellers in p2p areas. That way, you have to be a member to get the cape, satisfying the people who pay for that sort of content and getting Jagex money in the process - but you have the option of removing it on f2p without having to pay to put it back on (then you can change skillcapes if you have more than one, or change to a team cape if you want to do a clan game, just remove the damn thing when people are being irritating, or even just remove the hood so you can do the Great Orb Project or whatever)

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

That has been said so many times and all that is, is RWT.

You are asking people to buy a months membership just for a cape just make new npc's in like the champs guild, wizard tower near draynor, maybe an old house in varrock near the alter.

perfetc_666.png

no no no no no no, if you want a cape then you become a member :shame: Rs is rly cheap, so if u took the time to get 99 the least u can do is sponsor jagex a bit ::'

Just by playing f2p you are sponsoring them "a bit".

perfetc_666.png