NEW! Should skillcapes become f2p items

Kingkapugen

1) Buy a membership? It's not hard granted there are some exceptions such as location. As for financial problems, you shouldn't even be playing rs if you're having these problems.

What kind of crap is that?!?!

You can't afford to be p2p so youu can't play runescape at all!?!?!

If you can't afford 5 dollars a month do you think you should?

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, give them skillcapes, on the basis of two things.

1) Skilling in freeplay is just plain hard. Reward them for their efforts.

2) Since you can't prove to me that all skills are members, then why should only members be the ones with the achievements?

Your 'basis' is fail.

1) Buy a membership? It's not hard granted there are some exceptions such as location. As for financial problems, you shouldn't even be playing rs if you're having these problems.

2) Makes no sense

How does it fail? Just because you can't afford membership doesn't mean that you shouldn't be denied celebrating your achievement. And that's all these capes are, really - they celebrate your achievement of getting a 99 in that skill (or having all Quest Points). Money problems come in many different forms - could be that it's not possible to get it, could be tuition, could be something else - but it's all irrelevant. An achievement is an achievement - and you shouldn't be so elitist that you can't recognize that 99 Smithing is still 99 Smithing - on Free or Members.

As for the "money" argument, just drop it. The money you contribute, in any shape or form, is used to pay for everything, including updates to Freeplay. There's no way a CFO worth their salt would segregate money according to who contributed what with a service. It's all money!

Seriously, let the money argument disappear. You're not Jagex's CFO. You don't get to tell them how to spend their money OR development time.

And for the record who was telling jagex how to run their game?

Every member who thinks that $6 gives them the right to complain about how Jagex's resources are spent on F2P updates.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

I mean if someone who is f2p claims that they cannot buy a membership due to financial problems, then maybe they should prioritize things in their life, such as WORKING and not PLAYING games. gf twisting my statements.

How does it fail? Just because you can't afford membership doesn't mean that you shouldn't be denied celebrating your achievement. And that's all these capes are, really - they celebrate your achievement of getting a 99 in that skill (or having all Quest Points). Money problems come in many different forms - could be that it's not possible to get it, could be tuition, could be something else - but it's all irrelevant. An achievement is an achievement - and you shouldn't be so elitist that you can't recognize that 99 Smithing is still 99 Smithing - on Free or Members.

Yes an achievement is an achievement. Now go buy a membership and get that skillcape you're so seriously obsessed with, or you could just rant and complain about it and hope it falls into your hands.

Ok with the name calling again, 'elitist' are you serious? I recognize that skillcapes are members (for now at least).

Every member who thinks that $6 gives them the right to complain about how Jagex's resources are spent on F2P updates.

And by this comment i'm guessing you are speaking directly to me. If you consider posting my opinions as a 'right to complain because i spent 6$', then all i can say is, God bless you my friend. ;)

I really don't think that the best cape in the game (Yes, Fire cape sucks) should be f2p. I mean they are f2p, they should be happy with their team capes.

well they're close to the best but another good point.

Disregard females.

Acquire currency.

I really don't think that the best cape in the game (Yes, Fire cape sucks) should be f2p. I mean they are f2p, they should be happy with their team capes.

Yes, fire cape has better stats and looks awesome but the obby cape beats it hands down. :roll:

I mean if someone who is f2p claims that they cannot buy a membership due to financial problems, then maybe they should prioritize things in their life, such as WORKING and not PLAYING games. gf twisting my statements.

1) Maybe there 13 and can't work and there perants don't want to pay for the kid to play an online game that costs £42 a year

2) I never twisted anything, I said what you said and responded to it. So gf yourself :twss:

If you can't afford to pay 5$ a month, you should be doing real work, not clicking on a rock because that doesn't count as work.

Yeah, unless you work, you can't play games! :roll:

perfetc_666.png

IM GOING TO LIVE FOREVER .......... or die trying

Yes an achievement is an achievement. Now go buy a membership and get that skillcape you're so seriously obsessed with, or you could just rant and complain about it and hope it falls into your hands.

Ok with the name calling again, 'elitist' are you serious? I recognize that skillcapes are members (for now at least).

And by this comment i'm guessing you are speaking directly to me. If you consider posting my opinions as a 'right to complain because i spent 6$', then all i can say is, God bless you my friend. ;)

well they're close to the best but another good point.

I like dis guy

1288581197250-1.jpg

*sigh* Where to begin...

Their life is plenty prioritized. Perhaps they want to play a game to escape reality for a few hours a week. What's wrong with that? Nothing. Everyone does it when they play any kind of game, really. Or did we forget that RS is still just a game?

Yes, elitist, the belief that just because you pay cash, you deserve better things or rewards, and those that don't deserve to get shipped to Timbuktu. I'm glad that we're able to establish that an achievement is an achievement whether you pay or not, but in no way will your $6 be devalued if you let F2P have skillcapes for their skills. You have so much more than them, but you complain that this one little thing is leaving your grasp. Lighten up, dude.

Actually, I was stating that to most everyone, since everyone's favorite argument with these debates boils down to money. Players (not just yourself) should be more open to updates for everyone, since what F2P gets, you'll get too. What you're really doing isn't complaining. You're having a tantrum about it. So I made that statement.

Again, as I said before:

You're not Jagex's CFO. You don't get to tell them how to spend their money OR development time.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

1) Maybe there 13 and can't work and there perants don't want to pay for the kid to play an online game that costs £42 a year

2) I never twisted anything, I said what you said and responded to it. So gf yourself :twss:

You must be unaware of all the methods there are in obtaining a membership. Oh, and maybe you should think a little longer before you respond. :thumbsup:

[
If you can't afford to pay 5$ a month' date=' you should be doing real work, not clicking on a rock because that doesn't count as work.

Yeah, unless you work, you can't play games! :roll:

lol que?

Disregard females.

Acquire currency.

*sigh* Where to begin...

Their life is plenty prioritized. Perhaps they want to play a game to escape reality for a few hours a week. What's wrong with that? Nothing. Everyone does it when they play any kind of game, really. Or did we forget that RS is still just a game?

Yes, elitist, the belief that just because you pay cash, you deserve better things or rewards, and those that don't deserve to get shipped to Timbuktu. I'm glad that we're able to establish that an achievement is an achievement whether you pay or not, but in no way will your $6 be devalued if you let F2P have skillcapes for their skills. You have so much more than them, but you complain that this one little thing is leaving your grasp. Lighten up, dude.

Actually, I was stating that to most everyone, since everyone's favorite argument with these debates boils down to money. Players (not just yourself) should be more open to updates for everyone, since what F2P gets, you'll get too. What you're really doing isn't complaining. You're having a tantrum about it. So I made that statement.

Again, as I said before:

You're not Jagex's CFO. You don't get to tell them how to spend their money OR development time.

Ok, well good job portraying me as the crazy one here when i was simply stating and defending my opinion.

thclapping-11.gifthclapping-11.gifthclapping-11.gifthclapping-11.gif

Disregard females.

Acquire currency.

^ You are the crazy one, as Makoto D put it, elitist.

I'm sure we'll be seeing them in the future. ;) :thumbup:

It ain't a bad thing for them to be accessible to F2p, either. Yes, it was released as a members item first, but that's not written in stone somewhere that it has to stay members only. Players generally, if F2p, won't pay the extra money just for the cape. They may aswell have always been P2p, then. Achieving a 99 skill is particularly difficult in F2p due to the skill limitations and amazingly slow exp gains. It's a skillcape of achievement not a skillcape for members. They deserve them just as much as us, if not more.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

It ain't a bad thing for them to be accessible to F2p, either. Yes, it was released as a members item first, but that's not written in stone somewhere that it has to stay members only. Players generally, if F2p, won't pay the extra money just for the cape. They may aswell have always been P2p, then. Achieving a 99 skill is particularly difficult in F2p due to the skill limitations and amazingly slow exp gains. It's a skillcape of achievement not a skillcape for members. They deserve them just as much as us, if not more.

please read all my posts before jumping on the 'elitist' namecalling bandwagon. :thumbup:

Disregard females.

Acquire currency.

please read all my posts before jumping on the 'elitist' namecalling bandwagon. :thumbup:

Going through 5 pages of posts just to look for yours is a bit heavy.

perfetc_666.png

IM GOING TO LIVE FOREVER .......... or die trying

Going through 5 pages of posts just to look for yours is a bit heavy.

so instead accept ignorance?

riker-facepalm.jpg

Disregard females.

Acquire currency.

un4given, at this point, following a series of one liners, I think you may be verging on trolling.

Personally I think that F2P should get skillcapes, because if you get a 99 you deserve credit. I don't know why you would be F2P if you're going for a 99, but...

As well, I don't really care if F2P does get them, or not. I am never going to get a 99, so I have no vested interest in this.

Goldflame.png

un4given, at this point, following a series of one liners, I think you may be verging on trolling.

Personally I think that F2P should get skillcapes, because if you get a 99 you deserve credit. I don't know why you would be F2P if you're going for a 99, but...

As well, I don't really care if F2P does get them, or not. I am never going to get a 99, so I have no vested interest in this.

I also belive if you get a 99 you deserve a skill cape, now go buy yourself a membership and get one. But oops! I don't want a membership so i'll rant and complain about them until jagex makes them f2p because i chose to work harder leveling up in a freeworld. Or how about this, i can't afford 5$ a month! I don't wanna ask or take time to go to the local 711 or walmart ffs to buy one. Granted there are exceptions.

amivergingontrollingnao?

edit:as far as the capes becoming f2p in the future, if it happens it happens. I honestly don't care, just my point of view.

Disregard females.

Acquire currency.

I also belive if you get a 99 you deserve a skill cape, now go buy yourself a membership and get one. But oops! I don't want a membership so i'll rant and complain about them until jagex makes them f2p because i chose to work harder leveling up in a freeworld. Or how about this, i can't afford 5$ a month! I don't wanna ask or take time to go to the local 711 or walmart ffs to buy one. Granted there are exceptions.

amivergingontrollingnao?

Yes, big time!

As a reply to what you say, that's simple greed on your behalf. "If you get a 99 (Which is an achievement..) you deserve a skillcape (Of Achievement..)" It doesn't have to stay members only, I don't know where everyone gets this idea. F2p having skillcapes of achievement is a wonderful thing. Also, I don't see many F2p'ers that have 99's actually rant about wanting skillcapes. Most are perfectly fine without them, if they had them it'd be so much better though! I know several very high level'd F2p'ers, some maxed, they're fine without the capes. Don't get this idea into your head that they're all whining kids, that's just ridiculous.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

amivergingontrollingnao?

Yes, big time!

As a reply to what you say, that's simple greed on your behalf. "If you get a 99 (Which is an achievement..) you deserve a skillcape (Of Achievement..)" It doesn't have to stay members only, I don't know where everyone gets this idea. F2p having skillcapes of achievement is a wonderful thing. Also, I don't see many F2p'ers that have 99's actually rant about wanting skillcapes. Most are perfectly fine without them, if they had them it'd be so much better though! I know several very high level'd F2p'ers, some maxed, they're fine without the capes. Don't get this idea into your head that they're all whining kids, that's just ridiculous.

Alright i give in. Honestly it would be nice if freeplayers could have them. But is it honestly that hard buying a membership? I could see why you said simple greed on my part and i accept this, because i had to buy a membership (but not for the skillcape). And yes, i might have stereotyped a bit when it comes to f2pers but they've given themselves a bad rap.

Disregard females.

Acquire currency.

amivergingontrollingnao?

Yes, big time!

Alright i give in. Honestly it would be nice if freeplayers could have them. But is it honestly that hard buying a membership? I could see why you said simple greed on my part and i accept this, because i had to buy a membership (but not for the skillcape). And yes, i might have stereotyped a bit when it comes to f2pers but they've given themselves a bad rap.

If I get several skills in F2p to 99, I won't be getting P2p. It's as simple as that. To have accomplished something that difficult as a F2p'er, pure f2p'er, is amazing. Getting membership makes what you achieved literally worthless. As you could have then gotten P2p all along and trained those skills 10 times quicker. Getting an awesome cape to showoff what you have achieved without ever wandering onto the lands of P2p is just something great.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Lets give them the hoods. No one uses those any way :lol:

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

Also, I don't see many F2p'ers that have 99's actually rant about wanting skillcapes. Most are perfectly fine without them, if they had them it'd be so much better though! I know several very high level'd F2p'ers, some maxed, they're fine without the capes. Don't get this idea into your head that they're all whining kids, that's just ridiculous.

I agree, while I don't have any 99s, I am F2p, and have always been. If Jagex were to give F2p skillcapes I would be grateful, but if they don't, you definitely won't see me sitting around pouting. As other F2p players have said before me, I don't pay for membership, so I don't expect any large updates.

Arguing with a fool proves there are two.