NEW! Should skillcapes become f2p items

Kingkapugen

Shot in the dark. Were you an only child?

I am trying to improve my psychology skills :lol:

Unfortuantly non of this is up to us so we can argue and debate this all we like but in the end JAGEX arn't going to read this so it doesn't matter.

perfetc_666.png

IM GOING TO LIVE FOREVER .......... or die trying

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shot in the dark. Were you an only child?

I am trying to improve my psychology skills :lol:

Unfortuantly non of this is up to us so we can argue and debate this all we like but in the end JAGEX arn't going to read this so it doesn't matter.

No, i have an older brother.

We could post it on RSOF. lol

Damn, went the wrong way. :lol:

We could but it would join the ranks of the other 50 odd threads on this exact same topic and then be bombarded with idiotic posts.

Plus it would be nearly impossable to copy and paste every single post before some body thinks it will be a good idea to interupt the posting with a comment like "no".

perfetc_666.png

We could but it would join the ranks of the other 50 odd threads on this exact same topic and then be bombarded with idiotic posts.

Plus it would be nearly impossable to copy and paste every single post before some body thinks it will be a good idea to interupt the posting with a comment like "no".

But if they do post "no" we could troll them :twisted:

I think poking them with a mighty spork is more apt :twisted:

perfetc_666.png

Psst, get back on topic. ;) And don't do that, RSOF mods might not appreciate it. :P

Psst, get back on topic. ;) And don't do that, RSOF mods might not appreciate it. :P

Sorry got a bit bored :oops:

No quest cape and identical skill capes for f2p skills in f2p worlds sold by a mix of old and new npc's in various places around the f2p area in both members and f2p worlds.

Thats what I think the best solution is.

perfetc_666.png

No quest cape and identical skill capes for f2p skills in f2p worlds sold by a mix of old and new npc's in various places around the f2p area in both members and f2p worlds.

It's 5:41AM in the morning so if I don't make ANY sense at all, that's why. :lol:

I definitely agree that there should not be any F2P quest capes. The few quests that F2P does have doesn't seem to really justify to having a cape for it, even though it is still an accomplishment to finish them all. But comparing skill wise, it isn't much. The "F2P Quest Achievement Marker" may as well be some of great stepping stone towards the member quests. :oops: Mind you there are some annoying and sort of long quests on F2P, but I can't honestly compare them to the P2P ones because I know those are THAT much harder.

In terms of where the capes could be sold: Yes that can definitely resolve things. :P But it would be wise to be teleported elsewhere like how Wendy teleports you to Maggie if you need to get another broom. Don't want to start a HUGE breeding ground of beggars on F2P to be honest. :wall: At least with this one maybe you can teleport two and from the place inconspicuously... Or we can just avoid all that and just stick with the original idea. :lol:

:| Oh man, I just reread that and am thinking, "Wow, I probably sound like the most nonsensical person these guys will ever meet." Never again will I type at 5:41AM...

I seriously wouldn't mind F2P having toned down skills capes. No equipment stats for example. They shouldn't have acess to the 2nd and 3rd most useful cape in the game.

They can have fun with the emotes all they want until the next update.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

It's 5:41AM in the morning so if I don't make ANY sense at all, that's why. :lol:

I definitely agree that there should not be any F2P quest capes. The few quests that F2P does have doesn't seem to really justify to having a cape for it, even though it is still an accomplishment to finish them all. But comparing skill wise, it isn't much. The "F2P Quest Achievement Marker" may as well be some of great stepping stone towards the member quests. :oops: Mind you there are some annoying and sort of long quests on F2P, but I can't honestly compare them to the P2P ones because I know those are THAT much harder.

In terms of where the capes could be sold: Yes that can definitely resolve things. :P But it would be wise to be teleported elsewhere like how Wendy teleports you to Maggie if you need to get another broom. Don't want to start a HUGE breeding ground of beggars on F2P to be honest. :wall: At least with this one maybe you can teleport two and from the place inconspicuously... Or we can just avoid all that and just stick with the original idea. :lol:

:| Oh man, I just reread that and am thinking, "Wow, I probably sound like the most nonsensical person these guys will ever meet." Never again will I type at 5:41AM...

Nah, that post was ok, better than what I did after a weeks worth of sleep deprivation :lol:

The only thing I see wrong with the whole teleing thing is people will be waiting for you to get back, you could have them tele you to a place of your choosing like all of the place any other thing can tele you (all the glory, games necklace, combat bracelet, skills necklace, ring of duelling and all the spell locations) That way no body could stand there and annoy you and slightly helpful.

They could choose at random but that would just be annoying.

perfetc_666.png

In terms of where the capes could be sold: Yes that can definitely resolve things. :P But it would be wise to be teleported elsewhere like how Wendy teleports you to Maggie if you need to get another broom. Don't want to start a HUGE breeding ground of beggars on F2P to be honest. :wall: At least with this one maybe you can teleport to and from the place inconspicuously... Or we can just avoid all that and just stick with the original idea. :lol:

Nah, that post was ok, better than what I did after a weeks worth of sleep deprivation :lol:

The only thing I see wrong with the whole teleing thing is people will be waiting for you to get back, you could have them tele you to a place of your choosing like all of the place any other thing can tele you (all the glory, games necklace, combat bracelet, skills necklace, ring of duelling and all the spell locations) That way no body could stand there and annoy you and slightly helpful.

They could choose at random but that would just be annoying.

Maybe they can pick, but only if they've bought the skill cape/hood at the time. Don't want free teleportations like that. It could get abused. o_O

I think that all skillcapes should be f2p, even members skills, for former members who arent paying right now for whatever reason.

exactly what i was thinking...it would make us be able to change ourt capes in f2p if we wanted..and if we quite or couldnt afford mems we wouldnt lose our capes.....it makes perfect sense

f2p an gt the capes that are in the f2p areas only...if they want to get say attack def or atk cape they will have to become a member..get the capes and wala...

however make it so that if f2p dies wearing a cape they can go say to the WOM and hell be like i saved this cape for u ^.^ grabed it off the ground id be willing to give it back for a small sum of 99k coins?

my idea anyways

James_scholl.gif

We could try

king_kapugen.png

for many the skill capes are incentives to get members, so it makes no sense to make them free, same effort or not. It would be like making all dragon armor free too. (even though i do support f2p getting the kbd and d meds)

Y_Z.png

for many the skill capes are incentives to get members, so it makes no sense to make them free, same effort or not. It would be like making all dragon armor free too. (even though i do support f2p getting the kbd and d meds)

Oh but wait, becoming a member would ruin their "pure" f2p status. :o

Disregard females.

Acquire currency.

Oh but wait, becoming a member would ruin their "pure" f2p status. :o

once u go mems.....you wont be with your friends......for a few good long month anyways =p i couldnt ever go back

James_scholl.gif

• 2 weeks later...

New update from the MMG Q&A on his position on F2P skillcapes.

06-Aug-2009 22:01:05

Q) Mage Dark39

will there be f2p skillcapes?

--------------------------------------

A) No having looked into this more I'm not so sure it's the good idea I first thought it was, the big reason is there is not so much variety for free players at the really high levels and as a result I don't think its the best possible experience for our players to grind away repetitively at the same content for weeks on end.

Naturally members have far more granular progression at high levels so I think this offers the best possible player experience and most importantly its more fun due to all the choice at the high levels.

We are looking at other ways of recognizing our RuneScape Hero's both Free and Members alike, I expect this will be far more popular but its still in the early stages of development at the moment

It was on one of the later pages, so I missed it.

f203f1850c.png