NEW! Should skillcapes become f2p items

Kingkapugen

Actually, having worn a skillcape on both p2p and f2p, I preferred wearing it on p2p. On a member's world, everybody's seen the emote and most people know the best way to train. You just get the odd "nice cape" comment and maybe "how long did that take?" but on f2p you're constantly bombarded with "omg nice cape, emote plz" and questions about how long it took, how you did it, why you did it, how you'd recommend they train that skill.

If anything, I think the best idea would be to make capes f2p - but put the cape-sellers in p2p areas. That way, you have to be a member to get the cape, satisfying the people who pay for that sort of content and getting Jagex money in the process - but you have the option of removing it on f2p without having to pay to put it back on (then you can change skillcapes if you have more than one, or change to a team cape if you want to do a clan game, just remove the damn thing when people are being irritating, or even just remove the hood so you can do the Great Orb Project or whatever)

Why not just make the skill capes unbuyable in F2P, but keep them wearable? We wouldn't have to move the skill tutors, which many of the cape-sellers are.

f203f1850c.png

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not just make the skill capes unbuyable in F2P, but keep them wearable? We wouldn't have to move the skill tutors, which many of the cape-sellers are.

That has been said so many times and all that is, is RWT.

You are asking people to buy a months membership just for a cape just make new npc's in like the champs guild, wizard tower near draynor, maybe an old house in varrock near the alter.

perfetc_666.png

IM GOING TO LIVE FOREVER .......... or die trying

You are asking people to buy a months membership just for a cape just make new npc's in like the champs guild, wizard tower near draynor, maybe an old house in varrock near the alter.

Then what is Jagex doing, offering membership in the first place?

Besides, many people buy membership just to get capes already.

f203f1850c.png

I find it very hard to belive that the only reason people get membership is just for the cape.

JAGEX offer p2p so they can make more money and if the people enjoyed the game then they have the option of getting the expansion for it, which includes 1,000s of extra's on top of some crappy, over rated cape and is only slightly improved when it is trimmed which add's +4 prayer on it (incase you didn't know).

They could have atleast made it as good as the fire cape stats wise.

perfetc_666.png

Ummmm... no this isnt RWT, this is the exact opposite of what you said actually.

RWT, is the innapropriate sale by non-affiliated parties of runescape merchandise, be it ingame or not.

Jagex selling memberships, is not RWT, because they manufacture and produce the goods of sale- Nike doesnt get sued by themselves for selling their shoes.

Honestly, this is just like canifis gloves, everyone whos [bleep]ing and whining can suck it up, there are already members items that are wearable in F2P, treasure trail items? Canifis gloves, I'm sure there's more.

In all honesty, the tradeable members items that are available in f2p are more damaging than a nontradeable item could ever be. the cape does give better stats, but deservedly so, you got friggin 99 in a skill, you deserve some sort of award for that kind of no lifing, so rather than going outside and getting a tan and an icecream cone with some girls, why not let people have their cape?

Will it unbalance the runescape economy? No

Will it ruin pvp? No

does it really matter that some of the skillcapes are only available in members areas? No it does not, there are already npc's with multiple locations, they can just duplicate the skillcape seller and throw them into any area they please, its not hard, and it doesnt take much back story other than "Oh hello, yes i am the skillcape seller from suchandsuchland, i'm just visiting lumbridge, but if you want you can buy a skillcape from me if you have 99 in shababla"

its pixels people, and beyond that, its untradeable, trivial pixels that affects nothing outside the people who hold them (aside from the slighly better stats, which really, arent going to amount to much of anything, considering the stats would probably be removed in f2p)

Reverents can be a pain, but you can run away from them. Just curious, do they still have teleblocking ability?

Fear the church, the reverents have 85 magic!!!!

In that MechScape the cape looks disgusting. How come F2P shouldn't get the same Cape look as P2P. Its just as hard if not harder to get 99 in F2P.

So you should be rewarded for being inefficient?

Do you also think it's inefficient if you play a game on hard instead on normal? My reason for staying f2p is because p2p makes everything easier (and I don't like quests, duh).

[404] Signature not found.

I find it very hard to belive that the only reason people get membership is just for the cape.

JAGEX offer p2p so they can make more money and if the people enjoyed the game then they have the option of getting the expansion for it, which includes 1,000s of extra's on top of some crappy, over rated cape and is only slightly improved when it is trimmed which add's +4 prayer on it (incase you didn't know).

They could have atleast made it as good as the fire cape stats wise.

Well, I did it. ::'

I was mainly responding to your statement that it was RWT.

Why not allow the small $6-7 charge for the skill cape?

f203f1850c.png

I see nothing wrong with the ftp skillcapes being obtainable by ftp members. They work just as hard for the 99.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical majority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Angus_A9999.png

Well, I did it. ::'

I was mainly responding to your statement that it was RWT.

Why not allow the small $6-7 charge for the skill cape?

Do you know what RWT is? Paying money for something in game, which is against JAGEX rules so why would JAGEX break there own rules?

Answer. They wouldn't. They have spent years trying to eleminate it then you want them to put this idea into the game? :wall:

If they did why not allow us to buy godswords, whips, god armour and money for real world cash.

perfetc_666.png

Perfetc, once again you're not thinking before you press submit. RWTing is illegally purchasing something from a third-party website. Purchasing membership is never going to be against Jagex rules, and within that month of membership you've paid for, you're bound to do hundreds of other P2P-only things. So it's pretty much just having an incentive to buy P2P. Not RWTing at all.

By that logic, buying P2P just because you want to train slayer is also RWTing. In fact, buying members to do anything within P2P is also RWTing.

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

Perfetc, once again you're not thinking before you press submit. RWTing is illegally purchasing something from a third-party website. Purchasing membership is never going to be against Jagex rules, and within that month of membership you've paid for, you're bound to do hundreds of other P2P-only things. So it's pretty much just having an incentive to buy P2P. Not RWTing at all.

By that logic, buying P2P just because you want to train slayer is also RWTing. In fact, buying members to do anything within P2P is also RWTing.

Try to understand what I am saying before you prss submit then.

It is RWT cos he is saying you should only be able to get capes if you are a member for a month so basically pay £3.50 and you can have the cape, don't pay £.50 and you can't have the cape AKA you are just paying for the cape. :wall:

It's just petty to be honest.

RWT - real world trading, buying somethin in game with money from the real world. Thats what I understand it to be.

perfetc_666.png

Has anyone thought about f2p bankspace?

I mean think about someone who is max f2p, he wants all the capes and hoods.. thats 26 bank slots out of 63? (just pulled those numbers out of nowhere, i dont know if they are correct or not)

bllllonz.png

I mean think about someone who is max f2p, he wants all the capes and hoods.. thats 26 bank slots out of 63? (just pulled those numbers out of nowhere, i dont know if they are correct or not)

imo it doesn't matter i have 6 99s and only 1 cape because i never wear them and its pointless.

That guy might got fired for this. There are people willing to buy a month membership just for their skill cape (or even become p2p since then). Making them f2p just mean less potential members for [bleep]ex.

look at it from a business perspective, if the skill capes go f2p then jagex will lose customers and make less money

Would you stop being a member just for a skillcape?

There are other parts to the game you now.

OT: Pehaps it would be a good idea, maybe it would tempt people into turning members, with the offer of new skills to 99.

IMO dont think it will happen though.

Warrierlord9.png

My Stats Suck :(

warrierlord9.png

It is RWT cos he is saying you should only be able to get capes if you are a member for a month so basically pay £3.50 and you can have the cape, don't pay £.50 and you can't have the cape AKA you are just paying for the cape. :wall:

RWT - real world trading, buying somethin in game with money from the real world. Thats what I understand it to be.

He never said that you would have to only get the cape while you are a member for that month. However, if you only bought the cape while a member then that is your choice.

Take a step back because your definition of RWT is indeed wrong.

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

He never said that you would have to only get the cape while you are a member for that month. However, if you only bought the cape while a member then that is your choice.

Take a step back because your definition of RWT is indeed wrong.

I am sure some body said it :?

"Real-world trading (RWT) is the term we apply to the sale of RuneScape gold and items for real money (be that $US, £GBP, euros or ¥yuan)."

That is the meaning of RWT. No matter what any body says I know that is right.

perfetc_666.png

I just read through all 8 pages of this thread (WCing ftw :lol:) and nobody mentioned Maple Logs, the thing most people use to get 99 Firemaking which are F2P items, however there are no Maple Trees in the F2P Realm. Make Skill capes like that, so ex-members have items they can keep with them, wear, etc. I know that even with 90+ defence, you are bound to die in F2P, heck at like...93 I died at lessers in F2P. Also, when I was F2P I had to attend a war my Clan was participating in, and had to remove my Quest Cape, and never be able to pu [bleep] on again.

Fear my ramblings :-w

Spaz4010.png

I am sure some body said it :?

"Real-world trading (RWT) is the term we apply to the sale of RuneScape gold and items for real money (be that $US, £GBP, euros or ¥yuan)."

That is the meaning of RWT. No matter what any body says I know that is right.

Well I'm sorry that you're not willing to change that because I'm 100% positive (as well as everyone else here) that that is not RWT :| .

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

http://www.runescape.com/viewarticle.ws?article_id=567

That says it is the meaning of RWT, personally I belive JAGEX (yes, it is JAGEX just check out the bottom right of that link)

I thought some body said they should be a member for atleast a month before they can have a skill cape anywere, which some people have said to some extent.

I thought that idea was RWT because JAGEX would be asking people to pay RL money to get the cape so essentially asking people to pay £3.50 for an item in the game which has been established is the meaning of RWT.

Clearly my sleep deprivation is kicking my donkey :lol:

(I hope people get that :pray: )

perfetc_666.png

I thought that idea was RWT because JAGEX would be asking people to pay RL money to get the cape so essentially asking people to pay £3.50 for an item in the game which has been established is the meaning of RWT.

No, Jagex selling Members is not the same as RWT. Get some sleep, dude.

First, I sincerely doubt that a maxed F2Per would want to have ALL of the capes at the same time. They'd pick and choose their favorite and not worry about any of the rest. Second, there are only 15 F2P skills. ;)

Don't beg for members content because you don't feel like paying a tiny subscription fee.

:thumbdown:

In what way is your Membership being devalued if they get Achievement Capes? You mean to tell me you're not satisfied with literally tens of thousands more content than Freeplay?

What's with all the elitism today, seriously?

Skillcapes should be f2p, because honestly...if you get to 99 on an f2p world, you deserve the god damn cape. P2Pers get real easy exp, F2pers are left in the dust. I estimate about 3 months of hard clicking labor for a P2P to get to lvl 99 in a skill. in F2p I'd say it takes atleast (ATLEAST) 3 times as long.

Not all skills, and i want cirtin things to stay ptp.

Nobody's talking about moving cities around, so P2P will still have its prestige, allure, and whatever other labels you feel like throwing on it. ;)

Alright i give in. Honestly it would be nice if freeplayers could have them. But is it honestly that hard buying a membership? I could see why you said simple greed on my part and i accept this, because i had to buy a membership (but not for the skillcape). And yes, i might have stereotyped a bit when it comes to f2pers but they've given themselves a bad rap.

It's not about buying membership, really - it's an achievement. This is honestly one of the things that should have been freeplay from the start, but it hasn't, and now Members feel that they need to defend it to the death or something. Besides, Members throw more dirt on themselves and F2P than F2P does by themselves...

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

I see nothing wrong with the ftp skillcapes being obtainable by ftp members. They work just as hard for the 99.

I see nothing wrong with dragon claws being obtainable by ftp members. They work just as hard for the 35m cash.

You realise it may happen. F2P already have "Corrupt Dragon" armour which is basically all weapons/armour except Claws, Full helmet, Platebody.

You also have to realise for P2P 35M can be obtained within a month. I don't actually ever recall having more than 10M in F2P and nothing is costly in that world.

I spoke about meeting in the Middle here. So im going to suggest an idea. :thumbsup:

Idea:

Instead of Skillcapes becoming F2P items, What about it they are useable in F2P. It shows Mining Cape (t) instead of Members Object. This way people who have been in P2P can use their hard earned Cape and people who are F2P if they have multiple 99's then they can pay for 1 months subscription, run around grabbing the capes for their 99's return to F2P Happily Ever After. :pray: :pray:

AnthonyWL.png

99 Fishing | 99 Cooking | 99 Woodcutting | | 99 Herblore | 99 Prayer |

| 99 Runecrafting | 99 Fletching | 99 Hitpoints | 99 Range |

Youtube: AnthonyOnRS.

I honestly think the should. If members are going to say "in order to get a skillcape you must be a member cause we pay and you dont" That is a stupid reason.

A skill cape was made to show that you had obtained 99 in a skill. I think F2P have every right to show that as well. Now I might sound stupid saying this, but this is what I honestly belive.

Prepares for flame :ohnoes:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]