NEW! Should skillcapes become f2p items

Kingkapugen

f2p an gt the capes that are in the f2p areas only...if they want to get say attack def or atk cape they will have to become a member..get the capes and wala...

Forcing people to pay £3.50 for membership, it is forcing you into RWT with JAGEX to get a cape, thus breaking one of JAGEX's rules. -.-

That idea has been suggested so many times already.

perfetc_666.png

IM GOING TO LIVE FOREVER .......... or die trying

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They should make a general 99 skillcape for f2p (would be available for p2p too), that just says like "99" on it or something.

I don't care either way, that just seems like a reasonable way to give f2p a skillcape, but still keep the capes grounded in p2p.

Lagatag.png

New update from the MMG Q&A on his position on F2P skillcapes.

06-Aug-2009 22:01:05

Q) Mage Dark39

will there be f2p skillcapes?

--------------------------------------

A) No having looked into this more I'm not so sure it's the good idea I first thought it was, the big reason is there is not so much variety for free players at the really high levels and as a result I don't think its the best possible experience for our players to grind away repetitively at the same content for weeks on end.

Naturally members have far more granular progression at high levels so I think this offers the best possible player experience and most importantly its more fun due to all the choice at the high levels.

We are looking at other ways of recognizing our RuneScape Hero's both Free and Members alike, I expect this will be far more popular but its still in the early stages of development at the moment

It was on one of the later pages, so I missed it.

Hopefully everyone will be happy now, if they are looking for alternatives for free players to be recognised.

disturbeda.png

Crimsoncow could you please post a link to this question and answer by mmg because I could not seem to find it at all in the Q and A.
13-14-674-59348769 Page 14, second to last post. :)

f2p an gt the capes that are in the f2p areas only...if they want to get say attack def or atk cape they will have to become a member..get the capes and wala...

Forcing people to pay £3.50 for membership, forcing you into RWT with JAGEX to get a cape, thus breaking one of JAGEX's rules. -.-

That idea has been suggested so many times already.

They sell the option to get more items with membership not the items itself. Thats not RWT. And you don't have to get the cape.

[404] Signature not found.

Anyway, I don't think it would be that big a deal, and I would like to at least see the capes become f2p items, so members who let their membership run out could still equip, use emote, and bank the capes.

This is the most intelligent statement I've read thus far.

Some people, myself included, have financial restrictions in their life that prevents them from having a Runescape membership year-round. I'm often spending months at a time in F2P. I don't want to pay $5 to buy a cape, then lose it when I lose my membership again.

And people that say that F2P shouldn't be allowed skill capes are just ridiculous. Try getting a 99 on a free server. It's often exponentially more difficult than on members servers. You really think that they don't deserve recognition for doing more work than you?

...someone deserves a time out until they learn to share.

At the very least, I'd like to see a change so that skill capes aren't referred to as a 'member's item' on F2P. I don't want to end up with a cape taking up a bank space because I accidentally unequipped it. And I don't really care if I have to buy a membership to buy a skill cape, I just want to be able to keep it in the event that my membership runs out.

Just because they made their choice to play the exponentially harder version of the game, doesn't mean they must get something.

Oh and I've just spent some time (more than 2 weeks, not 1 day) in f2p. I didn't bother training skills -> it's a waste. The only thing I could think of that was worth doing (and worth doing even more than in p2p) was FoG minigame.

savormix.gif
R.I.P. oO000oO0oO00, RS2 range pure transformed to a maxed PvM char in EoC, ten years of time completely wasted.
Good to be gone :)

for many the skill capes are incentives to get members, so it makes no sense to make them free, same effort or not. It would be like making all dragon armor free too. (even though i do support f2p getting the kbd and d meds)

Instead of being able to buy Skill Capes in F2P, I'd rather see Skill Capes usable in F2P. A non-member would still need to pay for a one off membership but then he can equip/re-equip that cape in non-member worlds as much as he wants.

2eprbpj.png

for many the skill capes are incentives to get members, so it makes no sense to make them free, same effort or not. It would be like making all dragon armor free too. (even though i do support f2p getting the kbd and d meds)

Instead of being able to buy Skill Capes in F2P, I'd rather see Skill Capes usable in F2P. A non-member would still need to pay for a one off membership but then he can equip/re-equip that cape in non-member worlds as much as he wants.

Forcing people to pay £3.50 for membership, it is forcing you into RWT with JAGEX to get a cape, thus breaking one of JAGEX's rules.

That idea has been suggested so many times already, it is actually only a few posts up.

perfetc_666.png

Forcing people to pay £3.50 for membership, it is forcing you into RWT with JAGEX to get a cape, thus breaking one of JAGEX's rules.

That idea has been suggested so many times already, it is actually only a few posts up.

And it has been argued many times that it is not RWT. Answer this: What is the difference between buying membership for members content and buying membership for a skill cape, which is members content?

Um, and this whole usable/wearable skill capes in F2P world is actually my idea, so come check out my suggestion thread.

Here's the link: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=752642

f203f1850c.png

And it has been argued many times that it is not RWT. Answer this: What is the difference between buying membership for members content and buying membership for a skill cape, which is members content?

Um, and this whole usable/wearable skill capes in F2P world is actually my idea, so come check out my suggestion thread.

There is a difference, people buy membership cos they want more of the same they got in f2p, they want better equipment, more quests and more skills, it is there choice to pay for it.

What you and every body with the same idea is suggesting is make capes ONLY avalable AFTER being a member, so the only thing they need to do after getting a 99 is pay with real world money for an item in a game, that is the meaning of RWT, which I have proven by giving a link to a runescape page.

By the way it isn't your idea, I read about this idea on the RSOF months ago.

Ex - members and any body who would do this, if it wan put in the game, would have a significant advantage in f2p pvp

perfetc_666.png

I'd be fine with it. Then I could switch between skillcapes in F2P when I stop paying for membership. Although, then I would want all skillcapes to be F2P items, not just F2P ones. ::'

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

There is a difference, people buy membership cos they want more of the same they got in f2p, they want better equipment, more quests and more skills, it is there choice to pay for it.

What you and every body with the same idea is suggesting is make capes ONLY avalable AFTER being a member, so the only thing they need to do after getting a 99 is pay with real world money for an item in a game, that is the meaning of RWT, which I have proven by giving a link to a runescape page.

Ex - members and any body who would do this, if it wan put in the game, would have a significant advantage in f2p pvp

But what if someone pays with real world money for membership just to play castle wars? What if he pays with real world money in order to get 99 fletching? Right now, people pay real world money just to get skill capes when they achieve lvl 99 in a skill. Why aren't they being banned for RWT?

My thread was started more than a year ago, so I think it beats this RSOF thread.

A small defense bonus isn't that significant, and who would waste 99k for that bonus? Besides, the defense bonus don't have to be included when they are in F2P.

f203f1850c.png

But what if someone pays with real world money for membership just to play castle wars? What if he pays with real world money in order to get 99 fletching? Right now, people pay real world money just to get skill capes when they achieve lvl 99 in a skill. Why aren't they being banned for RWT?

My thread was started more than a year ago, so I think it beats this RSOF thread.

A small defense bonus isn't that significant, and who would waste 99k for that bonus? Besides, the defense bonus don't have to be included when they are in F2P.

That is there choice, if they want to spend the cash on just 1 small thing to do with runescape then it is there choice but making it so the only way they can have the cape in f2p is to buy a months membership is RWT cos thats the only thing stopping you from having the cape.

You might aswell get to level 98 then buy membership for the cape and get the 99 in that month.

It is just a bad idea.

I READ that thread a few months ago, doesn't mean I read it on the day it was opened. :wall:

It doesn't matter any way cos JAGEX has said it isn't going to happen.

perfetc_666.png

[hide=]

That is there choice, if they want to spend the cash on just 1 small thing to do with runescape then it is there choice but making it so the only way they can have the cape in f2p is to buy a months membership is RWT cos thats the only thing stopping you from having the cape.

You might aswell get to level 98 then buy membership for the cape and get the 99 in that month.

It is just a bad idea.

I READ that thread a few months ago, doesn't mean I read it on the day it was opened. :wall:

It doesn't matter any way cos JAGEX has said it isn't going to happen.

[/hide]

Then it's their choice not to get membership for the skillcape. It is not real world trade because, even though they get the skill cape, they also get all the members content, whether they use it or not.

I still believe that Jagex could accept this idea. MMG's statement says nothing about this idea, and it would benefit both members and free players.

f203f1850c.png

I do not think f2p should have skillcapes because it really should always be a members thing. It also acts as sort of a incentive, plus, like wat has been said before, the locations of the people who give skillcapes would be entirely messed up. Though, I do think F2P should have a item when they have a 99, just not a skillcape.

wwezach.png

Then it's their choice not to get membership for the skillcape. It is not real world trade because, even though they get the skill cape, they also get all the members content, whether they use it or not.

I still believe that Jagex could accept this idea. MMG's statement says nothing about this idea, and it would benefit both members and free players.

No, it is saying if you want the cape to be f2p, pay us and you can use it in f2p, if you don't pay you can't have the cape.

JAGEX will never do this cos 1) it is RWT and 2) it is about making f2p skill capes, something that MMG said will never be f2p. :wall:

perfetc_666.png

No, it is saying if you want the cape to be f2p, pay us and you can use it in f2p, if you don't pay you can't have the cape.

JAGEX will never do this cos 1) it is RWT and 2) it is about making f2p skill capes, something that MMG said will never be f2p. :wall:

wow if you seriously believe buying a membership just for a skillcape is rwt then buying a membership in general is rwt.. wait wut something is wrong with this statement..

Disregard females.

Acquire currency.

wow if you seriously believe buying a membership just for a skillcape is rwt then buying a membership in general is rwt.. wait wut something is wrong with this statement..

True. If I buy membership so I can use any membership item, that would also have to be real world trading according to you.

Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem..

Your not getting it.

Say jagex released a new weapon in the game, it was better for training than the whip but jagex said you can only have this new item if you pay us a one off payment of £3.50 for it, that would be RWT.

Your comparision with members being RWT is silly cos you don't just pay once you pay every month for aslong as you want membership then when you stop paying you don't get members stuff, this idea is pay once and you get the cape forever.

perfetc_666.png

Your not getting it.

Say jagex released a new weapon in the game, it was better for training than the whip but jagex said you can only have this new item if you pay us a one off payment of £3.50 for it, that would be RWT.

Your comparision with members being RWT is silly cos you don't just pay once you pay every month for aslong as you want membership then when you stop paying you don't get members stuff, this idea is pay once and you get the cape forever.

the capes are not weapons and hardly give any special bonus to give anyone any real advantage on both p2p or f2p. tbh i dont understand where you're going with this idea. people are getting much more than just the ability to purchase skillcapes when they buy a membership.

Disregard females.

Acquire currency.

Your not getting it.

the capes are not weapons and hardly give any special bonus to give anyone any real advantage on both p2p or f2p. tbh i dont understand where you're going with this idea. people are getting much more than just the ability to purchase skillcapes when they buy a membership.

It isn't my idea. :?

They would give the best stats of any cape in f2p, although there not getting capes.

If they get 99 in f2p then you are commited to f2p so you wouldn't want to pay to be a member or do anything to do with members.

What his idea is, is to pay once for the abilty to buy capes then have the capes forever.

It will never happen.

perfetc_666.png

We pay for more content.

there is already a ton more content that ur paying for that f2p doesnt have access to. so an update such as skillcapes for f2p isnt gonna hurt you or any other p2per. and lets be honest, no hardcore f2per should have to buy 1 month of membership and risk their credibility as 100% f2per for an 'article of clothing/achievement' that give no advantage to anyone anyways. p2pers who are against this are just 100% stubborn