NEW! Should skillcapes become f2p items

Kingkapugen

i believe hellhounds and duel arena were once members as well are you up in arms over the loss of those?

Last time i checked hellhounds sucked and people hated them and barley anyone used dueling arena yet skill capes are an item and most people would go to members for a month just to get.

and do you honestly think that someone would stay in f2p to train the harder stats to 99 such as runecrafting, smithing, prayer, if they actually had a way of getting members?

honestly jagex will lose nothing if they do make them f2p.

and ya this should really go into the debate club.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i believe hellhounds and duel arena were once members as well are you up in arms over the loss of those?

Last time i checked hellhounds sucked and people hated them and barley anyone used dueling arena yet skill capes are an item and most people would go to members for a month just to get.

and do you honestly think that someone would stay in f2p to train the harder stats to 99 such as runecrafting, smithing, prayer, if they actually had a way of getting members?

and ya this should really go into the debate club.

I've heard many people that get a 99 in ftp then go to ptp for a cape and asking what else they should do with the time in ptp. And maybe they don't have a way to keep membership all the time so they don't bother.

there are plenty of ways to get a membership

do you work for jagex? if not then you obviously don't know this

I've heard many people that get a 99 in ftp then go to ptp for a cape and asking what else they should do with the time in ptp. And maybe they don't have a way to keep membership all the time so they don't bother.

if they're really that stupid and don't know what to do with their time in p2p they should just go back to a f2p server

Disregard females.

Acquire currency.

No. Never. Skillcapes are a member's thing, and as the above poster said, they are not coming f2p. In order to become f2p, they would have to make all the skillcape sellers f2p, and that would be a large chuck of the membs area (3/4 of the world map).

*yay, I make perfect sense!* see below.

Hmm i seem to recall a screen shot were a J Mod said that he can easily see Skill Capes becoming F2P while he still works for Jagex. Maybe check your facts before getting aggresive?

Anyway i think they possiblity is great that Skill Capes become F2P. And so what if they do? This might encourage F2P'ers to actually train a bit harder.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

[hide=Guides by Slaytanicc]Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide (Must Read!!)

Iron Mining + Banking Guide

Green Dragons Guide

Ankou Slaying Guide[/hide]

This topic is a stalemate. While there might be a few rational people lurking around here, I have yet to see one post with a valid point.

Example:

I'm sure you have some statistical analysis to support this claim? Wait... you don't? Well then, this is a pointless statement. Although, you could've fooled me into thinking it did have a point with your perfect grammar. :^o

Example 2:

You also have no way to prove this. Every update that is made to Runescape has the risk of making a few people lose interest in the game. This can't be avoided.

Opinion time:

If they want people to know they have a 99 in a skill, they can go around and QC spam their skill level.

You would rather have people going around spamming their levels with quick chat than have a cape? To me, you seem like the kind of person that would do this. You also seem like the kind of person that would waste a perfectly good space on my ignore list.

I want a skill cape because I think they look cool. I've wanted one ever since I started playing. Not so I can brag about how I'm better than everyone (which I'm fairly confident you've done before), but because I can wear it as a reminder of all the hours I spent clicking trees, or fishing spots, or zombie monkeys. They're called 'Capes of Accomplishment', not 'Bragging Capes'.

It is my opinion that anyone that is willing to quit simply because F2P is granted skill capes, is somebody that the Runescape community would most likely be better off without. :)

My vote is for this thread to be locked. :pray:

I can't really say anything about the hellhounds since I never trained on them.

I think what the guy meant by jagex will lose nothing is if you had a million pound and lost a penny you havn't really lost anything have you?

How is "If they want people to know they have a 99 in a skill, they can go around and QC spam their skill level." that an opinion? It's a stupid statment, I would have used idea but it isn't even that.

I doubt this thread will be locked cos there doesnt seem to be aything negative going on in it.

perfetc_666.png

IM GOING TO LIVE FOREVER .......... or die trying

How is "If they want people to know they have a 99 in a skill, they can go around and QC spam their skill level." that an opinion? It's a stupid statment, I would have used idea but it isn't even that.

By 'opinion time', it was meant as a notification that I was going to begin giving my opinion. I didn't mean that what he said was an opinion.

I can understand where you got confused, though. I probably could've put it differently. :thumbup:

Answer to your question:

Are skillcapes becoming f2p?

No. Not anytime soon at least.

This is what i think:

The Non-Members Skill Cape wearers should be in Non-Members worlds, not in members locations.

Example: Firemaking; Ignatius Vulcan, Non Members skill in a Members position.

There are already a few Skill Masters in Non-Member locations such as Mining, Smithing, Hitpoints, Defence, Cooking, Woodcutting, Prayer, Runecrafting and Crafting. I don't see how they can't make something like the Magic Tutor wear the Magic Cape, Ranging Tutor wear the Ranging Cape.

However if they won't change the Skill Cape wearers im sure they could compromise. Like Aubury teleporting you to the Magic Guild only when you are 99 Magic to buy the Magic Cape. In a members world you can access the Pure Essence mine via Magic Guild. Also you can access different locations of the map via the Magics Guild using portal on the top floor.

Currently there are 15/24 Skills that are Non-Members. Out of those 15 Skills 9 of these the Masters are located in Non-Members. Half of the ones that aren't in Non-Members but are Non-Members skills are close to each other. Such as Attack and Strength. Firemaking, Range and Fishing.

But that's just my opinion.. :thumbsup:

AnthonyWL.png

99 Fishing | 99 Cooking | 99 Woodcutting | | 99 Herblore | 99 Prayer |

| 99 Runecrafting | 99 Fletching | 99 Hitpoints | 99 Range |

Youtube: AnthonyOnRS.

Did you work to make that complicated or did it come naturally?

What you are saying is that they should move the masters or be able to tele f2p to members locations just to buy the but don't allow them to do anything else?

Or just make new people to sell them and put them in relative places or usually empty places like melee people can go in champs guild and non combat skill master could be in lumby basement, for example.

perfetc_666.png

Did you work to make that complicated or did it come naturally?

Its Helgas. Naturally.

Well yeah.. Or buy them in a shop somewhere. Was trying to be creative.. And 70% of Non members skills and Skill Masters are in F2P anyway.

But you have to remember that Skill Capes awill most likely not be F2P anytime soon.

AnthonyWL.png

99 Fishing | 99 Cooking | 99 Woodcutting | | 99 Herblore | 99 Prayer |

| 99 Runecrafting | 99 Fletching | 99 Hitpoints | 99 Range |

Youtube: AnthonyOnRS.

It is much easier to understand if instead of saying non member to say f2p, it requires less thought to work out (I have been sleeping about 4 hours recently so it could just be me lol).

How do you know skill capes could go f2p next update or in a decade only jagex staff know.

perfetc_666.png

You guys still are stuck on the idea that, if there are f2p skillcapes all the f2p skills skillcape NPC's have to be moved into F2p. if they make skills capes F2p shouldn't move any Npc's or anything like that. f2p should only limited to the skillcapes that have NPC's in the current f2p world.*wcing,rcing,smith,cook,etc* but not magic,firemaking, and all of those others i can't remeber right now.

They would only have to move the NPCs in a F2P world. So for members there's no need to change anything.

-Do you really think jagex cares about how hard you worked for a skill when you're paying nothing for it?

freeskillcapes.jpg

freeskillcapes2.jpg

un4given is a [removed] :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: he just got totally owned.

I hate you members who say that f2p dont get updates, skillcapes, blahblahblah, pissing me off. Give it a break honestly, they will probably get skillcapes in the future because they deserve it more than a member does. They spend YEARS getting skills to 99, we spend a few months.

-Please don't use inappropriate language

~Gandorf61

disturbeda.png

un4given is a [removed] :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: he just got totally owned.

I hate you members who say that f2p dont get updates, skillcapes, blahblahblah, pissing me off. Give it a break honestly, they will probably get skillcapes in the future because they deserve it more than a member does. They spend YEARS getting skills to 99, we spend a few months.

~Gandorf61

How about you give it a break buddy? I never said f2p shouldn't get updates, just skill capes. And for the record, they don't deserve it because they don't pay for it like members do. And quite frankly, they spend YEARS training skills to 99 because they choose not to buy a MEMBERSHIP. So, do i feel a guy who cooks shrimp to 99 should get a skill cape like the guy who cooks sharks to 99? no, because he chooses the hard way.

inb4 i get called something ridiculous, again.

Disregard females.

Acquire currency.

~Gandorf61

How about you give it a break buddy? I never said f2p shouldn't get updates, just skill capes. And for the record, they don't deserve it because they don't pay for it like members do. And quite frankly, they spend YEARS training skills to 99 because they choose not to buy a MEMBERSHIP. So, do i feel a guy who cooks shrimp to 99 should get a skill cape like the guy who cooks sharks to 99? no, because he chooses the hard way.

Um u said that jagex dosent care about how hard they work for a 99 skill... And u got proven wrong with proof of 2 mods = Owned

king_kapugen.png

~Gandorf61

Um u said that jagex dosent care about how hard they work for a 99 skill... And u got proven wrong with proof of 2 mods = Owned

so you're telling me 2 mods represents the entirety of jagex? gf

Disregard females.

Acquire currency.

Skillcapes are non-benefit items, so it wouldn't hurt anyone if they were given to F2P. Items with good benefits, like whip, godswords, are a different thing.

99 skill capes benefiting stats.

defence bonus

stab +9

slash +9

crush +9

magic +9

range +9

summoning +9

prayer +4

thats not benefiting??? il just have to assume you dont have a 99 cape and let you slide.

on-topic. no. i dont think they should become f2p. half the masters are in p2p locations anyways.

I wouldn't see a problem and infact I feel they deserve it as they do work harder for their 99's.

On a side note: If they somehow make F2P skill capes different from members they will need to make it so that the system would only sell them to pure f2pers by checking their subcription history. Also they'd deserve 15 more bankspaces for their capes.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Yes, give them skillcapes, on the basis of two things.

1) Skilling in freeplay is just plain hard. Reward them for their efforts.

2) Since you can't prove to me that all skills are members, then why should only members be the ones with the achievements?

As for the "money" argument, just drop it. The money you contribute, in any shape or form, is used to pay for everything, including updates to Freeplay. There's no way a CFO worth their salt would segregate money according to who contributed what with a service. It's all money!

Seriously, let the money argument disappear. You're not Jagex's CFO. You don't get to tell them how to spend their money OR development time.

Also, on the losing members aspect - while Skillcapes are a nice allure to get members, they're probably the next reason that people get Members, right behind using the Forums (pre-F2P update). :roll:

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

On a side note: If they somehow make F2P skill capes different from members they will need to make it so that the system would only sell them to pure f2pers by checking their subcription history. Also they'd deserve 15 more bankspaces for their capes.

I dont think that is very fair, what if some body decided to get members then changed there mind and decided to stay f2p and just because he can never get a skill cape? Thats like a murderer getting off the charge because of a small technicality.

I don't undersand how they deserve more bank space. If they do why don't p2p? I understand them deserving capes but not more space.

The last thing I considerd when I became a member was the forums, even when I re-joined I didn't even consider getting members for the capes.

I got it for the extra everything from the armour to the quests to the area's to the skills. It actually took me about 2 weeks to remember about the forums.

perfetc_666.png

Yes, give them skillcapes, on the basis of two things.

1) Skilling in freeplay is just plain hard. Reward them for their efforts.

2) Since you can't prove to me that all skills are members, then why should only members be the ones with the achievements?

Your 'basis' is fail.

1) Buy a membership? It's not hard granted there are some exceptions such as location. As for financial problems, you shouldn't even be playing rs if you're having these problems.

2) Makes no sense

As for the "money" argument, just drop it. The money you contribute, in any shape or form, is used to pay for everything, including updates to Freeplay. There's no way a CFO worth their salt would segregate money according to who contributed what with a service. It's all money!

Seriously, let the money argument disappear. You're not Jagex's CFO. You don't get to tell them how to spend their money OR development time.

And for the record who was telling jagex how to run their game?

Disregard females.

Acquire currency.

1) Buy a membership? It's not hard granted there are some exceptions such as location. As for financial problems, you shouldn't even be playing rs if you're having these problems.

What kind of crap is that?!?!

You can't afford to be p2p so youu can't play runescape at all!?!?!

perfetc_666.png