Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The 'Fine then, you fix it!' PVP thread.

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Kietaro1
[ Display Name History ]

Kietaro1

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 583 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Kiettaro
Well with all the negativity surrounding the PvP updates how would you guys (and girls) make PvP into a liable activity that would allow for the least amount of people being unhappy? I mean we all complain about all the changes and the effects that it has on the game/economy/welfare of the players so why not try to put together an idea that would make it the best PvP out there.

I will provide my idea but it was written when the No items kept on death came into effect and before +1 worlds so keep that in mind. Please provide your ideas and let us discuss what makes PvP worth doing, would allow for profits, and keeps things balanced.

Eh that is bare bones but I think you get the idea.

Posted Image
Posted Image

viralaether
[ Display Name History ]

viralaether

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 840 posts
  • RSN:Viral_Aether
:o

lots of words, good words i like it.

my own ideas;

1) same as current pvp but you cannot receive more then your opponent loses

2) take out pvp :thumbsup:

3) traditional pvp (old wildy style) BUT

-----(a) opponents names would be somehow replaced so you don't know who you are attacking

-----(B) not moving/eating/attacking for X amount of time you would be teled to another spot in same lvl wildy (this way you cant ----- say "meet up at fortress ill be the one with the snelm")
Posted Image
drops

Viralaether's guide to Mac use
1/7/9 quest cape ||| 5/6/9 all diaries ||| 7/14/9 300 rank MA ||| 4998th to 99 summoning on 2/27/10

Agent1777
[ Display Name History ]

Agent1777

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 512 posts
  • RSN:agent 1777
  • Clan:Goldskillers
As some1 said in another thread, your drops worth can not be over how much your opponent was risking.
Posted Image
Tip.It's Official Undercover Agent

ilovecuttingyews
[ Display Name History ]

ilovecuttingyews

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,008 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
One of the first PVP topics that have actually had half decent suggestions. I have only skimmed over it but it looks pretty interesting.

I dont PVP much but I think this could get me interested in it.

Have you posted this to the RSOF's Suggestions? Because I am sure Jagex reads that forum and this is writen well enough to seriously catch their attention.

Kietaro1
[ Display Name History ]

Kietaro1

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 583 posts

One of the first PVP topics that have actually had half decent suggestions. I have only skimmed over it but it looks pretty interesting.

I dont PVP much but I think this could get me interested in it.

Have you posted this to the RSOF's Suggestions? Because I am sure Jagex reads that forum and this is writen well enough to seriously catch their attention.

Perhaps I will but I was looking more of a way to perfect PvP. With the amount of discussion regarding how badly Jagex is 'fixing' the current system, I thought that we might be able to provide a way to make the best PvP there could be. Once we develop the ins and outs of what we would want, I could rehash it and post in on the RSOF. I think that is the best bet that we have for getting exactly what we want. There are after all many veteran players here with great insights. I am positive that their ideas would make a perfect or Utopian PvP.

Posted Image
Posted Image

motocrossbri
[ Display Name History ]

motocrossbri

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 127 posts
  • RSN:xMoto
  • Clan:SODB
and that is why i love you bestfriend <3:

Kietaro1
[ Display Name History ]

Kietaro1

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 583 posts

and that is why i love you bestfriend <3:

Explain?

Posted Image
Posted Image

[ Display Name History ]

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,102 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:999134thpure
  • RSN2:1 Pray Hero
  • Clan:hyt
people would just go around dieing in really expensive armour to their friends for free points if your idea was put into place :?
Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!
Posted Image
old sig

Laura
[ Display Name History ]

Laura

Cor Aut Mors

• Members
  • 3,425 posts

As some1 said in another thread, your drops worth can not be over how much your opponent was risking.

You can only have that if you kill PvP or bring back RWT. Having a small chance (because if it was large it would open the door to RWT) at what your opponent was risking would kill PvP.
Posted Image

Death123141
[ Display Name History ]

Death123141

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,445 posts

You can only have that if you kill PvP or bring back RWT. Having a small chance (because if it was large it would open the door to RWT) at what your opponent was risking would kill PvP.

I think they should just implement it but with a limit to stop people(if any one still does)75k.

Master_Smither
[ Display Name History ]

Master_Smither

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,267 posts
  • RSN:Runescapew44
That is a very nice idea you have there, however it's very complex and when Jagex trys to make things very complex they tend to fail. Simplicity is the thing that will fix Pvp.
Click for My Blog

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Laura
[ Display Name History ]

Laura

Cor Aut Mors

• Members
  • 3,425 posts

I think they should just implement it but with a limit to stop people(if any one still does)75k.

I'm not sure I understand.
Posted Image

Death123141
[ Display Name History ]

Death123141

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,445 posts

Like if your opponent dies with 100m you shouldn't be able to get 100m it should be capped with a zaros and the random junk you get with it but you shouldn't be able to get a zaros if you opponent only risks the minimum of 75k.

Kenneh
[ Display Name History ]

Kenneh

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • RSN:Kennny
  • RSN2:x Kaylin x
Pre 12-10-07
Posted Image

jonni
[ Display Name History ]

jonni

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,685 posts

Pre 12-10-07

qft

one can dream, can't they?

toast647
[ Display Name History ]

toast647

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,435 posts
  • RSN:Toast647
  • RSN2:Cursed Toast
There's only one +1 P2P world, it's constantly packed with people. I went PKing yesterday and I got PJed 5 times in one fight. It's ridiculous. They should probably also fix it, so you actually have to press protect item too. :roll:
Posted Image
Come to #tip-it on Swift IRC, if you're cool

Kietaro1
[ Display Name History ]

Kietaro1

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 583 posts

people would just go around dieing in really expensive armour to their friends for free points if your idea was put into place :?

Right, but with the system that I have developed, so?

The reward system would be set up for a need of kills that could be anyone (friends included) and other kills that would be randomly selected from bounty hunter. Obviously the friend kills would require less effort and therefore require more kills while Bounty hunter type kills would be more random and require more effort and need less tokens for the rewards. This would, in my opinion make hugging completely useless.

A system for detected whether a kill would be worthy of tokens would also need to be put into place. This would make kills take more time and require that the player actually try during fights so that people could not just try to kill the same person over and over with no armor on.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Kietaro1
[ Display Name History ]

Kietaro1

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 583 posts

Pre 12-10-07

qft

one can dream, can't they?

Not really because Jagex is pretty open with the fact that this will not happen. Some good news for you guys is that RSC will one day rise from the ashes and allow for your classic PvP (which in my opinion was the best). This however in no way helps the current conversation unless you can provide a way that would allow for pre-12-10-07 gameplay to be implemented behind the rules Jagex has in place.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Kietaro1
[ Display Name History ]

Kietaro1

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 583 posts

Like if your opponent dies with 100m you shouldn't be able to get 100m it should be capped with a zaros and the random junk you get with it but you shouldn't be able to get a zaros if you opponent only risks the minimum of 75k.

I think that this is a great idea that would fix the current PvP system that we have. My question is, is the PvP system that we have any good? How would we make it better?

Posted Image
Posted Image

Kietaro1
[ Display Name History ]

Kietaro1

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 583 posts

That is a very nice idea you have there, however it's very complex and when Jagex trys to make things very complex they tend to fail. Simplicity is the thing that will fix Pvp.

Actually I thought of that when coming up with the idea and opted out of alot of my more extravagant ideas. That being said, the following is how this idea would be made simply.

But then my idea was not to be the focus of this thread. Can you support your idea of simplicity with some ideas that would make PvP worthwhile and balanced?

Simplicity

Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users