• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wisp

• Nero

• Seraphi

• archimage_a

The point is, a squid does not have the 'best' shape for agility/speed. Designing something in the shape of a squid does not make that squid shape the 'best'.

Yes, a squid is agile, but it's not "maximum".

'Tis I, 'tis Vindice, 'tis I!

So.... You want me to change the light thing?

Yes, I do.

It also shouldn't conduct electricity or be magnetic.

Also, Mather, fyi alpha radiation is the least penetrating, but its the perhaps most dangerous.

Radon gas, for example, emits alpha, and since it gets into your lungs it is very dangerous indeed.

You shouldn't just dismiss it, all radiation is deadly.

Radon gas is deadly because it is breathed.

Being relatively heavy and positively charged, alpha particles tend to have a very short mean free path, and quickly lose kinetic energy within a short distance of their source. This results in several MeV being deposited in a relatively small volume of material. This increases the chance of cellular damage in cases of internal contamination. In general, external alpha radiation is not harmful since alpha particles are effectively shielded by a few centimeters of air, a piece of paper, or the thin layer of dead skin cells. Even touching an alpha source is usually not harmful, though many alpha sources also are accompanied by beta-emitting radio daughters, and alpha emission is also accompanied by gamma photon emission. If substances emitting alpha particles are ingested, inhaled, injected or introduced through the skin, then it could result in a measurable dose.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

New gun lineup.

Alright, R&D is finally done for my guns, so I'll set them out now.

These weapons are only usable by TFed (for now, I guess), since the lightest one weighs around 270 pounds. Troops need to have the strength enhancer I, II, and III version to be able to wield them. But they are powerful, as bigger guns means bigger bullets, means more damage :)

So, let's start off. The bullets they all use are specially designed to carry small traces of Roridium enchased in strengthened aluminum that will break and spill the chemical when it impacts on a surface. Roridium is an extremely corrosive material that eats through any metal other than aluminum for some reason, and does some nasty damage to biological matter.

[hide=Federation SMG]idmEL.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Federation Assault Rifle]kmf48.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Federation Long Range Assault Rifle]xz3eH.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Federation CQC Shotgun]g7Thq.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Federation Anti-Tank Personnel Weapon FATPW (the troops call it Fat Power)]xSzmR.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Federation Sniper Rifle]wyY0M.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Federation Minigun]oZ6nr.jpg[/hide]

They're all designed to be the absolute most durable weapons on any battlefield, so the accuracy of some of them (excluding the sniper rifle, as it wasn't designed to be dropped from 20 stories and be still functional) is reduced. However, the guns are virtually indestructible and require very little maintenance to keep working.

Yes, I do.

Also, Mather, fyi alpha radiation is the least penetrating, but its the perhaps most dangerous.

Radon gas, for example, emits alpha, and since it gets into your lungs it is very dangerous indeed.

You shouldn't just dismiss it, all radiation is deadly.

Why are you telling him what he can and cannot research?

The point is, a squid does not have the 'best' shape for agility/speed. Designing something in the shape of a squid does not make that squid shape the 'best'.

Yes, a squid is agile, but it's not "maximum".

What creature do you know of that is more agile than the squid?

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Yes, I do.

Because it was being designed specifically for use against me.

The electricity and magnetic parts were just because I don't think a polymer can have those properties. I could be wrong about conducting electricity though.

Also, Mather, I know a dart is more agile than a squid, and that isn't even an animal.

2Xeo5.png

Yes, I do.

Also, Mather, I know a dart is more agile than a squid, and that isn't even an animal.

Ross wrong assumption.

Its not really effecting you the shape of the squid either.

If i was planning on destroying you i'd just start making thousands and thounsands of missiles.

And i will draw a picture sometime soon.

Edited by Hextriplet
meatlover.png

Yes, I do.

The electricity and magnetic parts were just because I don't think a polymer can have those properties. I could be wrong about conducting electricity though.

So, I could tell you to stop researching something I think would be used against me? What.

Acceleration Engine: 13/18

Electric Shield: 13/20

New Hope Space Station: 13/27

TONSIL: 6/10

Mini-Hopes: 4/5

Ion Weaponry: 4/7

Project Freon: 4/15

Station at Oruguma:2/6 (I rounded it up so I don't have to keep track of post times)

Another section of New Hope is up, containing fuel, fuel, and, well, fuel. The fuel will be used for moving New Hope into the asteroid field.

Second stage of ion weapons have been produced, so I now have ion rifles and radioactive ion cartridges.

TONSIL continues progressing, as my scientists have actually been able to create an edible substance using waste and small amounts of oxygen from the dioxide exchanger. They have nicknamed the food "Plan Z," as it is tasteless and not very nutritious, but does provide energy. They are now working on making this process fully automated.

Two more Mini-Hopes have been constructed and are on their way to the asteroid belt to find a potential place for New Hope. They should find one by the time New Hope is complete.

Project Freon has managed to turn a cat into a conscious fluid. Also, they have realized that conscious fluids still retain their previous thoughts, memories, and dispositions, as the fluid cat has been trying to eat the fluid rat for some time now. Also, the fluid cat can do complex trigonometry, but only when fed tuna. I guess that's what happens when you use a cat. Research continues, and they are attempting to make a conscious-fluid frog, bat, and mole.

Also, are we letting people use their whole GDP now or something? Because Hex has 80 billion GDP, and he's using up 60 billion and saying he has 20 billion of surplus. I'm confused, because I was told that I can only use 1/4 of what I tax from the people for research and building.

a70c7.png

The surplus of all new players is 80b, not their GDP.

Oh. Wow.

I am now sincerely hoping that my colonists going to Oruguma or the ships finding a spot for New Hope will find some strange new metal there. Because if they don't, Napta is going to be financially toast.

a70c7.png

A dart isn't agile at all as it cannot even turn one even degree(except downwards) without help, while a squid would have no problem turning even 135 degrees at any time.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

A dart isn't agile at all as it cannot even turn one even degree(except downwards) without help, while a squid would have no problem turning even 135 degrees at any time.

A squid is extremly agile.

No-one can contradict that.

2/15 nanotech

1/10 new polymer

meatlover.png

Well, to be honest, I think it'd be fairer if everyone had a standard minimum surplus of 80b...

Yes, but that would require me to increase my population over 80x what it is now. Or increase my GDP per capita to 80x what it is now. Or increase my taxes to... well... a lot more than they are right now.

a70c7.png

If you want a handicap, fine by me :P

Yep, and I'll thrive anyways.

And Hex, it's not unfair. Does the fact that I can shoot a beam of ions at ship to blow a hole in it and you can't make the game unfair? No, I researched them.

Also, Naptian taxes have been increased to 20%. Any extremely violent rioters have been imprisoned while still having to pay the tax out of what they would have made were they not in prison.

a70c7.png