My first two weeks back (Last Played 2006)

Unb34t4bl3

I lasted played RuneScape during the summer of 2006. I'm not exactly sure why, but I was sitting around bored one day when I somehow ran into something related RS. I had a main, and a tank pure before I stopped playing. I decided to try out the newer RS on my tank, so I put in the CC information and I was a member again within a few minutes.

As soon as I logged in I changed everything to full detail, or HD. With 4xAA applied and full screen 1680x1050 resolution, I was amazed at how much better RS looked, especially when I did comparisons to SD. Everything looked so clean and smooth. I love the HD version.

Taking a quick walk around the world, it seemed like every player had an item wielded that I have never seen before. Looking through my bank account, I had about 1.5M in cash and items, and with no good skills to make money, I thought maybe I'd give merchanting a shot. But I read about Grand Exchange killing merchanting, so I wasn't expecting to make very much. I was wrong. I think GE is one of the best things Jagex has ever come up with. I went from 1.5M to 15M in 2 weeks using GE, and the best part about it - I didn't have to be there! Thanks to GE I am also finding ways to raise stats without spending a penny, and even profiting, which 3 years ago would have sounded absurd. And about the trade limit - I like it. Rarely have I seen any beggars annoying the crap out of people. The PvP worlds - awesome, nothing really else to say about them.

I feel like the community is a bit more mature than it was 3 years ago as well, which is a great thing.

RS has the potential to really become great. Some of my suggestions...

1) Remove the distance fog, and add a custom distance slider.

2) Add a dynamic weather system with day/night cycles (optional to turn off).

3) Customizable hotkeys for spells, changing equipment on the fly, and etc. Point and click is, but I feel it one of RS's major downsides.

4) Really make range a more dynamic skill. Split it up into accuracy, speed, and power. Give people say 3 points for every range level to raise those, which would ultimately determine the style of ranging. One level 70 ranger may be accurate and powerful, while another may be accurate and quick, but less powerful. You get the point.

That's all I can think of for now. I'm not sure how long I will stick around, but 2009 RS >>> 2006 RS.

FairTraders.net (Merchant Guides + Grand Exchange Update Notifier)

Get FREE Grand Exchange updates through the website, by email, or through your mobile device!

ftsig.png

Yeah.. the g/e is absolutely amazing. I don't know how long it's been around for, but I don't know why it took jagex so long to release something like it.. it makes the gameplay so much easier. No longer do you have to waste time looking for buyers/sellers of an item.. it's pretty much instant now. And now, more than ever, you can just rely on one money making skill and still play the game efficiently and be rich.. before, that wasn't really the case. And it does make merchanting easier.. you can pretty much see the progression of the price of items.. it helps a lot.

What I'm curious is how you merchanted your way from just 1.5mil to 15mil in two weeks. Starting with just 1.5mil seems like it would take forever.

[2010] Proud Member of Downfall

[2004-2005] Former Leader of The Unbreakables, Former Member of Corruption, Former Member of 'The' Clan

(...and Anarchy for a few weeks... shhh...)

It was exponential effect. Started out slow, but quicker as I held onto more money. Though I did not rely entirely on buying/selling only. I must have made 4-5M of it using another method which involved buying raw materials off GE, making final items, and reselling the final items on GE for profit. This method I'll keep to myself, for now, until I'm satisfied with the level I reach in that skill(s) which is being increased while I do this.

It started out with 10-50k profits. Then it went up to 50-100k profits. Now I'm seeing up to 250k profits each transaction, and I usually have 3-4 going at the same time.

Get FREE Grand Exchange updates through the website, by email, or through your mobile device!

ftsig.png

I think the range idea is a little too new to work now. Although I like it, the current range idea has been here too long to change without creating too much commotion.

I would like to see day and night, but everyone has different timezones. Maybe either allow the player to set his tz or have certain times depending on where the server is located?

Wow, 1.5m to 15m in two weeks? I guess I should check that out. I've never really been a good merchanter, but maybe I should give it a try again :)

Welcome back indeed. I thought this would be another rant about old school pking and trade limits, glad it's the exact opposite. have fun scaping.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

one time days after the hd update in f2p a dude asked me where he was i told him lumby and he accused me of being a liar.....

lrn2worldmap :roll:

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

It's the same everytime...

Everyone who has stayed with runescape think runescape is a dump now, but everyone who has either just joined or come back from a long break thing runescape is better than ever. Strange how that works. :?

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

People don't like change I guess.

Well, tomorrow I'm going away for 2-3 weeks, so I'll be wasting 13 days of membership. This is another thing Jagex needs to implement - if you don't log in one day, don't count it as a day used. But in the meantime I bought a Santa Hat, so hopefully they go up a bit while I'm gone.

Hit a 20M+ net-worth today. It's just too easy with the GE (and no I'm not a part of one of those annoying as hell merchant clans). I didn't make it all in GE, but at least half I'd say I did there. :D

ftsig.png

I won't say that merching is easier, only more convenient. Before you could stand on W1 and buy lobs for 210 and sell for 225 for very nice profits. But now with the 4 hour limit and other reasons the profit isn't as much, but it takes like 1% of the effort. No need to spam trade worlds anymore <3:

WELCOME BACK

...but it takes like 1% of the effort.

That's what I love about it. No longer do I have to be on for hours at a time to get some good trading done.

Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone!

ftsig.png

Messing around with Photoshop (not very good at it), but here's a concept I came up with for night time in RuneScape! It's incomplete, but you get the idea. I might mess around a bit more with these. It was kind of fun trying to make.

nightl.png

ftsig.png

Messing around with Photoshop (not very good at it), but here's a concept I came up with for night time in RuneScape! It's incomplete, but you get the idea. I might mess around a bit more with these. It was kind of fun trying to make.

[hide]nightl.png[/hide]

That looks very nice indeed! I really like the look of it, maybe you can have a small radius (of squares ;)) around your character that is lit up? Might make it a bit easier to see. There should also be a few more lights, but you have done a very good job :)

disturbeda.png

1) YES IT IS AWESOME ISN'T IT. (HD, when I FINALLY GOT TO SEE IT, 6 months late ([wagon]-crap computer), was like \' \' \' \' \' \' \' )

2) GIMME THAT NIGHT, JAGEX. GIMME IT NAO.

Balance may be power, but chaos is still pretty damn fun.

Lielac.png

Canada can't be second rate, polar bears are their main mode of transportation.