MapleStory

Death123141

Probably because it's a bad game.

Like RuneScape?

Yes. RuneScape is terrible but stupidly addicting.

Well, MS can be to.

Exactly.

To answer your question... I used to play (lvl 55 assasin currently) but the guild I was a co-founder in suddenly became inactive. Lost motivation (kinda like clan chat) and just stopped playing.

Never played it, never want to.

Is there a reason why people don't like it?

Probably because it's a bad game.

Like RuneScape?

Yes. RuneScape is terrible but stupidly addicting.

Well, MS can be to.

Exactly.

To answer your question... I used to play (lvl 55 assasin currently) but the guild I was a co-founder in suddenly became inactive. Lost motivation (kinda like clan chat) and just stopped playing.

O well cool to hear you played.

While the graphics looked amusing enough for me to try it out (come on, you're a little cartoony dude whacking freakin' mushroom men! How awesome is that?), but by the time I got to picking a class (in that high mountain place... Warrior-thingy I think) I was just so sick of the gameplay I just quit and never returned to it.

Tafkan.png

[hide=Achievements]Quest Cape - 31st October 2009

68,238th to Fletching Cape - 7th February 2010

Champion's tackle box - 26th July 2010

Nomad killed - 4th of November 2010

140,305th to Woodcutting Cape - 12th April 2011

187,690th to Cooking Cape - 6th June 2011

72,234th to Fishing Cape - 7th July 2011

19,010th to Crafting Cape - 8th July 2011[/hide]

Tried playing it a couple times, never really appealed to me. It felt like I was just mashing the attack button as fast as I could the whole time, occasionally jumping or running. Although I did kind of like the side-scrolling perspective. That was neat.

neraftdfw1.jpg

Sig credit goes to ThruItAll. :D

simpleholyhandgrenade.gif

• 2 weeks later...

RS players hate MS. MS players hate RS.

I went to play MS after I quit RS some time ago. Played for bout 1-2 years. The problems with the game is that

a) it's too NX/real life money obsessed. If you wanna have fun and have a character you don't wanna barf at, you gotta spend money.

B) nothing to do but grindgrindgrind.

c) the only way to make money is through merchanting. Oh and by spending lots of real money.

d) Nexon is a terrible company.

e) edrama. The community isn't the best and hacking used to be/is a problem.

K, I ranted too much on it. I like the graphics, creative places to go, quests sucked though, scrolling is very enjoyable, party quests are too, skills are fun but get boring quickly. the private servers are fun though

I have a 107 chief bandit, a page, and lots of other low level things. Quitted when Ariant came out or something. Might go back to try pirates again someday.

I went to play MS after I quit RS some time ago. Played for bout 1-2 years. The problems with the game is that

a) it's too NX/real life money obsessed. If you wanna have fun and have a character you don't wanna barf at, you gotta spend money.

c) the only way to make money is through merchanting. Oh and by spending lots of real money.

K, I ranted too much on it. I like the graphics, creative places to go, quests sucked though, scrolling is very enjoyable, party quests are too, skills are fun but get boring quickly. the private servers are fun though

I have a 107 chief bandit, a page, and lots of other low level things. Quitted when Ariant came out or something. Might go back to try pirates again someday.

B) And yet you play runescape? :lol:

c) Runescape again.

d) Jagex is a terrible company.

e) Runescape has the worst online community save for maybe Gaia Online. Even then it's a close tie.

Both games suck. Point is when you market yourself to kids as an alternative to doing absolutely nothing you should know there isn't exactly anything to brag about your game. They're both just games for children who's mommy and daddy won't let them use the credit card. :)

B) And yet you play runescape? :lol:

c) Runescape again.

d) Jagex is a terrible company.

e) Runescape has the worst online community save for maybe Gaia Online. Even then it's a close tie.

Both games suck. Point is when you market yourself to kids as an alternative to doing absolutely nothing you should know there isn't exactly anything to brag about your game. They're both just games for children who's mommy and daddy won't let them use the credit card. :)

B) MS has 1 thing to do, and thats train yoru combat level. At least Runescape has some variety.

c) You wouldnt know about this, because you dont play Runescape, right? Anyways, there are ways to make money besides merchanting.

d) Id have to agree...

e) P2P. Its a whole lot better than F2P. Although still bad, its not the worst.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

How many MMOs have you played, Inuashakent? I can assure you out of the 20+ I have played that, yes, runescape has hands down the worst online community. It's not even a competition, it's just that terrible. I mean, this really is not me trolling or anything -- it is terrible. P2P or F2P, doesn't matter, both host some of the most annoying people.

B) All which involve a variation of doing the same thing. Just because you're clicking up a different stat does not make it different. :)

c) I last played it... oh god, 6 years ago? Conservative guess. I played when I was 13 and played for about a year (couldn't pay for any MMOs) and I'm about 21 now... so yeah, about 6 years ago. From what I understand it has only gone downhill.

d) At least that one was obvious enough.

e) see above.

This thread isn't about runescape though. :/

Yeah, to turn this into a RS vs MS thing would be stupider than it already is.

GMS came out in 05 so you mighta been playing a different one.

B) If you've even played maple for longer than a week, you'd realize it's "KILL, PICK UP, LEVEL UP, JOB ADVANCE, KILL." Side things include party quests which is more killing.

c) How to profit on MS: Buy a shop for $1.80, run around the free market for a hour or so while scamming people, set up shop, repeat.

d) Nexon gives hackers a second chance, that should be enough.

e) It's mostly edrama that's bad though. People will go around accusing each other as hackers, and if you don't follow the "top 50 people's" rules at bosses, you'd get literally exiled, KS'ed and harassed.

I don't know why I'm bashing it that much.

EDIT: time to let it die. I liked MS, don't really play a lot of MMORPGs or games in general, so it was good. Ignore all my rantings for people who enjoy the game.

Nadril, I'm going to have to kind of disagree with you.

Because at least RuneScape has a community. In most other F2P MMOs, you're never going to find that many people who aren't botting.

Oh, and Travian is ok. Still alive and kicking a month after I started again. My alliance actually communicates though, that might be it.

As for MapleStory, if I'm going to play a Nexon game I'm going with Combat Arms...

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

I played MS for like a month. The game is very fun to play when you're a beginner, it has good music, exploring is somewhat fun, but after a while it just gets too repetitive. You need to pay cash for alot of items and stuff. Also, the quests are pretty bad, they are mostly "go and talk to this dude and give me the item he give you kthnx".

16185_s.gif

Nadril, I'm going to have to kind of disagree with you.

Because at least RuneScape has a community. In most other F2P MMOs, you're never going to find that many people who aren't botting.

Oh, and Travian is ok. Still alive and kicking a month after I started again. My alliance actually communicates though, that might be it.

As for MapleStory, if I'm going to play a Nexon game I'm going with Combat Arms...

At least bots don't try to talk to me or scam me. I'd prefer the bots over a large majority of runescapes community.

I think it's pretty safe to conclude that if an MMORPG can't be bought in a store nor requires a monthly fee in order to play it, then it is certainly not going to be a good game. That people don't get this keeps me up at night, staring into the dark...

2009rb9.jpg