Old Players Gallery Pictures

Amethyst_Gem

Hi,

As you may or may not be aware, back in February Jagex reduced the players galleries down to only a handful, deleting all the images other than a few of their personal favourites - which I must say do not coincide with my favourites.

This did not bother me much at the time, for I had saved my favourites onto a computer. However, shortly after this time that computer broke. I had not saved the pictures onto anything else as I had assumed that they would always be available from the players gallery.

It was a long time before I thought of doing this (indeed the idea was only triggered by the update today), but I am now asking for anyone who has any pictures that were removed with the players galleries changes stored on their computer to upload them and post them or a link to them on here. If you can then please give the original title and credit to the artist whose picture it is.

I know that there are many other players out there who would love to have access to some of these pictures again too, so if you don't mind then could you please?

Thanks,

PlqX

(P.S. apologies if this is in the wrong place - I don't use this forum very much as you can probably tell (lol at my join date and post count). I did a couple of quick searches and no similar posts were found anywhere on the forum, but if there is one out there with an obscure name and text then please point me in its direction. Thanks.)

That dragon scimitar is eerily like the new design :P

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

you right maybe they will base the dragon kite on the newest player gallery like they did with this one?!?

13Ra3.png

Veteran Cape Owner (10 year)

you right maybe they will base the dragon kite on the newest player gallery like they did with this one?!?

That looks like the old one too, Jagex wouldn't have based it on that, and I don't really like the dragon kite in the new gallery.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

That looks like the old one too, Jagex wouldn't have based it on that, and I don't really like the dragon kite in the new gallery.

They probably won't base it on that. Instead, they will most likely goof it up and have hundreds of players rant about it and quit.

27wu54o.jpg

Real men get 99 str on cows 8-).

Yeah darklord I think you missed the entire point of the thread. Reread the first post #-o

Oh and welcome to tipit.

To thread owner: unfortunatly i do not have any pics saved, but I would like to know: did Jagex even give a reason why they deleted them? Did they just want to save bandwidth or something?

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

I like how he is strangling him wit the whip

pretty sure that's a she, notice the boobs.

also I find it amusing how people think writing the word copyright on something means it's copyrighted. Sorry friends but it takes more than that to get a copyright.

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

[hide=]

pretty sure that's a she, notice the boobs.[/hide]

also I find it amusing how people think writing the word copyright on something means it's copyrighted. Sorry friends but it takes more than that to get a copyright.

Actually, it doesn't. In most countries you don't even have to write copyright on your work to have it protected...

Copyright gives the author of an original work exclusive right for a certain time period in relation to that work, including its publication, distribution and adaptation, after which time the work is said to enter the public domain. Copyright applies to any expressible form of an idea or information that is substantive and discrete and fixed in a medium. Some jurisdictions also recognize "moral rights" of the creator of a work, such as the right to be credited for the work. Copyright is described under the umbrella term intellectual property along with patents and trademarks.

Copyright has been internationally standardized, lasting between fifty to a hundred years from the author's death, or a shorter period for anonymous or corporate authorship. Some jurisdictions have required formalities to establishing copyright, but most recognize copyright in any completed work, without formal registration. Generally, copyright is enforced as a civil matter, though some jurisdictions do apply criminal sanctions.

pepijn777.png

[hide=]

pretty sure that's a she, notice the boobs.[/hide]

Actually, it doesn't. In most countries you don't even have to write copyright on your work to have it protected...

Copyright gives the author of an original work exclusive right for a certain time period in relation to that work, including its publication, distribution and adaptation, after which time the work is said to enter the public domain. Copyright applies to any expressible form of an idea or information that is substantive and discrete and fixed in a medium. Some jurisdictions also recognize "moral rights" of the creator of a work, such as the right to be credited for the work. Copyright is described under the umbrella term intellectual property along with patents and trademarks.

Copyright has been internationally standardized, lasting between fifty to a hundred years from the author's death, or a shorter period for anonymous or corporate authorship. Some jurisdictions have required formalities to establishing copyright, but most recognize copyright in any completed work, without formal registration. Generally, copyright is enforced as a civil matter, though some jurisdictions do apply criminal sanctions.

Yup copyright is jsut basically a tiered thing and in msot countries doing nothing = copyright.

If you wrote/drew w/e something it is copyright to you, though virtually impossible to prove other than pc document data stamps and handwriting.

If you seal a copy in an envelope and post it yourself and keep it sealed. Postal laws prove ownership and therefore copyright.

If you write copyright on it its a proof of copyright.

Paid copyrights however are the top tier and withstand all legal situation, aside from being illegally copyrighted.

eg if some editted copyright off a pic and copyrighted it, then courts were show the original their overturn it regardless of legal copyright.

Or if someone published and copyrighted your manuscript but then you showed the court the sealed envelope with psot markings pre-dating the copyrighting and inside was the manuscript it'd get overturned.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

[hide=Quote train]

[hide=]

Yup copyright is jsut basically a tiered thing and in msot countries doing nothing = copyright.

If you wrote/drew w/e something it is copyright to you, though virtually impossible to prove other than pc document data stamps and handwriting.

If you seal a copy in an envelope and post it yourself and keep it sealed. Postal laws prove ownership and therefore copyright.

Paid copyrights however are the top tier and withstand all legal situation, aside from being illegally copyrighted.

eg if some editted copyright off a pic and copyrighted it, then courts were show the original their overturn it regardless of legal copyright.

Or if someone published and copyrighted your manuscript but then you showed the court the sealed envelope with psot markings pre-dating the copyrighting and inside was the manuscript it'd get overturned.

[/hide]

Yes but who cares? The discussion is old gallery artwork, not the finer details of copyrighting...

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

[hide=Quote train]
[hide=]

[/hide]

Yes but who cares? The discussion is old gallery artwork, not the finer details of copyrighting...

It came up on the thread.

The guy in the quote above me threw the legal wording out, I thought I'd add on to that with the literal way it works, no harm in explaining it given that it came up on the thread.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

[hide=Quote train]
[hide=]

[/hide]

It came up on the thread.

The guy in the quote above me threw the legal wording out, I thought I'd add on to that with the literal way it works, no harm in explaining it given that it came up on the thread.

It's called getting Off Topic...

Anyway, I don't have any pics of my own but I'm interested to see any more of the older pictures :)

erasig.jpg

I have a crap ton of them saved to my computer, but I stopped somewhere around mid-year 2008. Not sure when they stopped putting them out. I really don't feel like comparing which ones I have and which ones are still on the site. Nor do I really feel like uploading all of them to the internet...I have alot.

Motivate me...

I have a crap ton of them saved to my computer, but I stopped somewhere around mid-year 2008. Not sure when they stopped putting them out. I really don't feel like comparing which ones I have and which ones are still on the site. Nor do I really feel like uploading all of them to the internet...I have alot.

Motivate me...

You can't have that many.

They only really did them for about a year, and even then 1 a month at the very most. With only like 8 pics per one. That makes a grand total of a mere 96 at the most.

Given their patchy ways it was probs closer to 1 every two months so nearer 48

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Motivate me...

They only really did them for about a year, and even then 1 a month at the very most. With only like 8 pics per one. That makes a grand total of a mere 96 at the most.

I think he ment that he stopped collecting them in year 2008, not that he has 2008 pictures from old galleries.

joke33.png

archsupportei2.png

My Blog of pure... Uhmm... Well... Something...

Proud owner of Quest Cape, achieved 05.08.2008

29062th to Woodcutting 99, 02.05.2009

Motivate me...

I think he ment that he stopped collecting them in year 2008, not that he has 2008 pictures from old galleries.

I did not assume he had 2008, as that would be plan stupid since the way he wrote it made perfect sense, he did however say "I have a crap ton of them" ergo lots and lots of them.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Give me some time...I will try to upload them all. I do have a crap ton of them. More than 50 but less than 100. Which is more than I care to upload and it will take forever. Not to mention I have to sort them out of the other RS Pics of my levels and other unique pics I've taken over the years.

Give me some time...