"fake combat level"

Robert_R

WTF is with people calling my combat level fake because of prayer and summoning?

I'm 100% sure they're real and a skill so how the hell does that make it fake?

I'm tired of this nonsense from people who say this because they're all about pvp and bh and get upset when you're cb lvl is higher then there's with the same melee stats. People need to understand that summoning and prayer are both used in combat so why shouldn't they raise your combat level? Another thing I hate is something like this "His combat level is only 127 because of prayer and summoning" :wall: ... Is my combat level only supposed to only reflect my melee stats because obviously in there mind they're the only important stats? I wouldn't really care if like one or two people said something like this to me, but after many many times of someone saying this it's really starting to aggravate me.

Have you contacted the law offices of Leonard J Crabs?

With a pr0 attorney like Leonard J Crabs, you can get all the failboats flaming your well deserved combat level off your back.

here's a contact link:

http://www.angelfire.com/pro/leonardjcrabs/

Lmao.

Zerker_jane.png

It actually tends to throw people off. My p2p combat is 122, but it is 118 f2p due to my low summoning. During a fight, people seem to think my combat skills are lower because I may have a high summoning, and end up getting their butt's kicked.

It actually tends to throw people off. My p2p combat is 122, but it is 118 f2p due to my low summoning. During a fight, people seem to think my combat skills are lower because I may have a high summoning, and end up getting their butt's kicked.

Lol. :lol:

Anyway, it doesn't matter.

My F2P combat is 125, and my P2P combat is 125, due to mylevel 1 summoning. It's more fun that way, i get challenged by level 135's who don't activate summoning in a duel, who end up getting beat, and asking me how i did it :P it's so funny to see a level 132 or something say "owning all levels" in a reasonably empty world at duel arena, then get owned by someone almost 10 combat levels below them.

That said, unless you actually use summoning in combat, then it kinda is fake, although i guess that the ability to have the OPTION to use it or not, makes it your true level. I won't go into this as i've never trained summoning on any account, so i'll just get flamed for having no experience of it >.<

In pvp and bher, it doesn't affect combat level anyway, not a big deal tbh. Just tell them that you can last longer in combat, and train skills a lot faster than them. People used to tell me how great summoning was, i was like, ok, you can train it and get all the advantages it brings (extra storage, combat, special abilities, etc), eventually they got the point and stopped talking to me about me raising summoning :)

But, you shouldn't let it affect you that much, do you really care what other people think?.... If you do then you need to learn that it doesn't matter what other people think, as long as you're happy with it.

99-7.gif

Most Difficult Quiz

Rare drops; tzhaar-ket-om: 6 tzhaar-xil-ak: 4 tzhaar-xil-ek: 4 tzhaar-mej-tal: 1 Obsidian cape: 18 Dragon Plateskirt: 4 Dragon Platelegs: 7 Sq Shield left half: 1 Dragon Boots: 1 Dragon Medium Helmet: 11 Draconic Visage: 1 Zamorak Spear: 3 Steam Battlestaff: 1 Godsword Shards: 3 Bandos Chestplate: 1 Bandos Tassets: 1 Abyssal Whip: 1

Yeah, Summoning is basically inflating your cb level. You can also use it

My point is this: There isn't any problem with summoning! There isn't any problem with prayer! Both are backup combat skills with a real influence.

Going from 98-99 strength: Max hit increases by 1.

Going from 98-99 ranged: Max hit barely moves, might increase by 1.

Going from 98-99 summoning: Max hit increases by 73 (steel titan scroll, iron maxes 23, steel maxes 96).

Ergo...

Levelling summoning based on that (clearly flawed, I know) argument is 73 times as effective as strenght and ranged.

runescapess162607v.jpg

Dragon drops: Half shield(cs), med helm(cs) Chainbody (cs) (I do a lot of monster hunting with my clan!

Barrows: Guthan's plateboy [1]

GWD: None yet, only done a few trips

Others: I'd love to be able to let you know.

GentleAura.png

I refuse to spend on this moneysink, when it benefits me in no meaningful way. And until they fix getting your familiar into combat is a reasonable way, only 10% will continue to use it.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

I refuse to spend on this moneysink, when it benefits me in no meaningful way. And until they fix getting your familiar into combat is a reasonable way, only 10% will continue to use it.

Where did that 10% came from? Summoning is more useful for skilling really at the moment and once they fix the combat part, this is gonna be very nice. At that point, you will be annoyed about not having a few levels head start... though you probably won't see this as you are not supposed to roam the rants forums.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Where did that 10% came from? Summoning is more useful for skilling really at the moment and once they fix the combat part, this is gonna be very nice. At that point, you will be annoyed about not having a few levels head start... though you probably won't see this as you are not supposed to roam the rants forums.

I used the 10% as a figure only in reponse to the person who I was quoting, who estimated his personal expereince at being 10% of people using it. Thanks for paying attention.

And I have level 78 Summoning. Tears, Peng Points, lamps, quest exp, all that. I said I don't spend money on it, not that I don't train it.

Did that clear things up for you? ::'

Yeah, Summoning is basically inflating your cb level. You can also use it, but it's still not great.

Combat familiars are seriously underrated. What's wrong with having a fire titan smacking the other guy for 15 damage? A good combat familiar will probably add more damage than something like drinking a super strength potion would.

And prayer! How can anyone say prayer is just empty combat levels? That is the very essence of n00b there.

Yeah, Summoning is basically inflating your cb level. You can also use it, but it's still not great.

Combat familiars are seriously underrated. What's wrong with having a fire titan smacking the other guy for 15 damage? A good combat familiar will probably add more damage than something like drinking a super strength potion would.

And prayer! How can anyone say prayer is just empty combat levels? That is the very essence of n00b there.

Well, there are still issues getting your familiar into combat properly. It's why it's not used nearly as much as it should be.

And I know you weren't, but it looks like I got lumped into the group of people who think prayer isn't good. I think prayer is great and totally worth it. It adds quite a bit to the fight, esspecially with Piety on your side.

My point is this: There isn't any problem with summoning! There isn't any problem with prayer! Both are backup combat skills with a real influence.

Going from 98-99 summoning: Max hit increases by 73 (steel titan scroll, iron maxes 23, steel maxes 96).

Ergo...

Iron maxes 23-23-23 with scroll special which is 69, steel maxes 24-24-24-24 with scroll sepcial which is 96.

I'll just laugh at people like that when I bank items, heal myself, and get lots of extra kills a trip at GWD with my "twelve fake combat levels" :roll:.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

Ignore those "Z0mg I peekay so i betar then u" newbz.

4rvq0m.jpg

^Hawt new Siggy^ Made by yours truly.

Yeah, Spanish class is where everything funny happens.

Click To see my Origami gallery!

[hide=Important drops]Important drops..... Bandos Tassets x2

Dragon medium helm x 1

Dragon pickaxe x 1 (6m)

Verac's Brassard x 1

Veracs's Helm x 2

Verac's Skirt x 1

Guthan's Helm x 2

Guthan's spear x 1

Karil's Leatherskirt x 1

Karil's C'bow x 1

Dharok's Helm x 1 (4.6m)[/hide]

Ergo...

Iron maxes 23-23-23 with scroll special which is 69, steel maxes 24-24-24-24 with scroll sepcial which is 96.

Sorry, I forgot about the iron titan scroll.

Either way, the damage increase is still significant.

runescapess162607v.jpg

Dragon drops: Half shield(cs), med helm(cs) Chainbody (cs) (I do a lot of monster hunting with my clan!

Barrows: Guthan's plateboy [1]

GWD: None yet, only done a few trips

Others: I'd love to be able to let you know.

GentleAura.png

Ergo...

Sorry, I forgot about the iron titan scroll.

Either way, the damage increase is still significant.

Lets not forget those massive defence boosts. :thumbsup:

I've never heard "fake combat level" but I do get asked my f2p combat while on member's worlds once in awhile. I usually just tell them I don't know (truth) and that I really don't care. Somtimes these people need to be reminded that they are on a member's server.

Etecoon.png