What movie(s) did you last see?

How2PK

Saw Iron Man 3 with my kids yesterday, and while I can see what people are complaining about (especially what they did with the Mandarin) we really enjoyed it (my youngest in particular). Sure it's not going to win any oscars, but if that's what you were expecting then you were bound to be disappointed anyway; this is Iron Man, not Citizen Kane. Like I said about the first two, it's just plain fun.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Kaida; I haven't yet seen IM3, but I heard that it was a money-pit (make money for the actors/producers etc.) teaser to build for the 4th movie possibly. Thoughts on that?

Didn't get to finish it, but watching "shooter" again. Very good. 9/10 easily.

• Like 1

All_My_Love.png Bun_Dem.png

max.png 50.png

Guest Smelly Paws

Watched Taken 2 recently. Not quite as good as the original but enjoyable all the same.

Kaida; I haven't yet seen IM3, but I heard that it was a money-pit (make money for the actors/producers etc.) teaser to build for the 4th movie possibly. Thoughts on that?

Yeah, it's pretty much a "look how quirky and funny our characters are and how awesome our CGI technology is" kind of movie. It really doesn't add much to the individual characters or the Iron Man story in general, but it's still a fun movie with some excellent actors (Ben Kingsley is awesome no matter what he's in).

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

The avengers

When it first came out, everyone kept saying how good it was. So I finally got to watching the DVD and it's.. meh. It's not bad but it's not interesting, either. Lots of action and special effects but a weak story. Loki was like "I've come to deliver you from... freedom". Lol what? That doesn't even make sense.

gotta agree with it. The avengers was entertaining but unsubstantial.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Coriolanus 8/10 - Great film, rather heavy watching though.

Dark City 6/10 - Enjoyable watch, but I felt a bit disappointed by the lack of closure

Face/Off 6/10 - Surprisingly enjoyable, if you can just ignore the acting. Probably a bit of a controversial review, since most would say it was terrible.

qTLQRuS.png

Coriolanus 8/10 - Great film, rather heavy watching though.

Dark City 6/10 - Enjoyable watch, but I felt a bit disappointed by the lack of closure

Face/Off 6/10 - Surprisingly enjoyable, if you can just ignore the acting. Probably a bit of a controversial review, since most would say it was terrible.

Never heard of any of these :o

max.png 50.png

Definitely agree with that. And it had so much potential, like there should have been more to the story but they ran out of money to expand on what they already had.

• Like 1

I saw Iron Man 3 and Gatsby this week. I didn't really care for the story of Iron Man 3, I didn't think it was a strong as the first two.

Gatsby was very visually stimulating, but that is about as far as I'll go on that. It played like a visual-audio book if that makes any sense.

tFtfA.jpg

Gatsby was a good movie, minus the soundtrack.

Gatsby was very visually stimulating, but that is about as far as I'll go on that. It played like a visual-audio book if that makes any sense.

I was really glad it was very colorful, since the use of colors for symbolism was huge in the novel.

• Like 1

77yLQy8.png

Tobey Maguire doesn't even like Tobey Maguire.

Iron Man 3 - Being a devout comic nerd, it initially was hard for me when comic book movies became a thing to enjoy them. Such was the case with the first three Spider-Man movies, I now kind of enjoy #1 and #2 but #3 will always be a steaming pile of crap. I was always a very stick to the story kind of guy. I eventually turned my brain off and watched them as their own stories based on characters and idea's from the comics. Which makes me absolutely love them when I look at them as their own "story arc." Iron Man 3 though, I loved it; I loved and hated what they did with the Mandarin all at the same time but I love it more then I hate it because it was completely unexpected. If I had to rank the three movies, I'd go with #1 as my favorite (I'm a sucker for well done origin stories), #3, #2. 8.5/10 for #3.

SLC Punk - An older flick and I've watched a dozen times at least but haven't in the past couple years, when I heard that the sequel was slated for a 2014 release. I decided to give it another watch and boy do I still love this movie. The monologuing is amazingly well done by Matthew Lillard (which says something when you consider his acting career). Also love seeing a young Jason Segel in this flick.

I haven't had much time as of late for movies, but I'm going to spend some good time over the summer catching up.

Did not like iron man 3, thought it was such a cop-out. They introduced Iron-Man as this super OP flying beast, then he ended up losing his powers and having to go in a weaker suit. And then all the suits are fine in the end. Worst way to make a superhero film, take away the superheroes power.

qTLQRuS.png

Urgh, so did follow the typical arc. I was hoping that since we already did the whole self doubt thing, we might not do the lose powers. Too true, it's a terrible way to make a movie, and I wish super hero trilogies would cut that out.

I watched triple dog tonight. Not going to lie, while the plot itself is great (I liked it), the script is not. Or rather, the script was written by someone who tried to be hip, and you're either going to laugh or cringe. Everything else is good though, the plot, and the acting in particular, though I did note some reviews talked about a lack of interesting background, presumably because they require their movies to spoon feed every detail to them, rather than leaving the viewer to ponder things, or accept that sometimes characters exist for the sole purpose of facilitating the story.

I'm not entirely sure how it got an R rating. I assume the review board collectively got up on the wrong side of bed that week. It's also not a thriller. It's just kind of fun, though it also reminds me a tad of the movie States Evidence, which I really wish I could find again (minus the part where it goes all Hamlet).

I want to see Pain & Gain, but my friend said it was terrible. I also heard that the actors got sued by someone/people because the story was based on a real story, and it "brought back memories of the death//destruction" or something. Hahaha

max.png 50.png

pain and grain - at first i was skepitical about how i could relate to a wheat farmer who lost everything he had and had to get it back through bloodshed but this film definitely proved that an unconventional cast of characters could still work inthe hands of an experience director

10/10

• Like 1

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

pain and grain - at first i was skepitical about how i could relate to a wheat farmer who lost everything he had and had to get it back through bloodshed but this film definitely proved that an unconventional cast of characters could still work inthe hands of an experience director

10/10

pain and gain

But what was your favorite part of the movie? Worth them getting sued over? lol

max.png 50.png

Julius Caesar 1979 BBC - 5/10, I have seen far more impressive adaptation.

District 9 - 8/10, great film. Thought was very realistic as a geopolitical thriller.

American Psycho - 8/10, Christian Bale is fantastic in this film. Exciting throughout. Ending was a copout, I feel like it would have worked if they were trying to portray some deeper meaning (all rich people can get away with this maybe?) but it didn't come across strongly.

John Carter - 6/10, this is just Flash Gordon v2 except not as exciting. I liked the fact that they made a film like this, but thought that a lot of it just wasn't well executed.

In time - 8/10, interesting message and well shot. Should have done far better in my opinion. Not a 9 because the ending was terrible. I feel like siding with the antagonist in this story.

qTLQRuS.png