What movie(s) did you last see?

How2PK

Saw Zero Dark Thirty. It was pretty good. More deserving of "Best Picture" than Argo imo, although the best movie I've seen this year was Les Mis.

8/10

Only 8/10? I loved the whole movie :). AT LEAST 9/10!

Finally watched Forrest Gump. Enjoyed thoroughly. 8/10

That was the first time you've seen it?! WAT

All_My_Love.png Bun_Dem.png

max.png 50.png

Only 8/10? I loved the whole movie :). AT LEAST 9/10!

Ehh...I did enjoy the movie, but a 9 is a movie that's almost completely perfect, and I just didn't think ZD30 was that.

That was the first time you've seen it?! WAT

Yeah. For a bit of a film aficionado there are several key movies I've missed, but I'm trying to catch myself up.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I saw Looper last night. It was much better than I was expecting and the ending really caught me off guard, which doesn't happen very often in big budget Hollywood movies.

• Like 1

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

It's a film that involves future crime gangs using time travel as a method to commit murder and the protagonist was tasked to kill his future self, but didn't. That is all I really know about it since I haven't seen it myself due to knowing time travel themes are a tricky subject.

Looper was good, but I felt that all the time travel and stuff got a little confusing, as it normally does to me. Love the presence of both JGL and Bruce Willis. Both amazing actors, and JGL is quickly becoming one of my favourites, thanks to all his films from the last year or two.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Olympus Has Fallen

Die Hard in the White House, that sums it up pretty much exactly. Had some cool scenes, was alright. Was basically Pro-American propaganda, but meh.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

It had terrorists attacking the White House. You were expecting something different? :P

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Watched the Hobbit, finally. Went above my expectations, I expected it to deviate alot more from the book. A nice watch, not the greatest movie ever, but definitely worth seeing. If not for anything else, then just for the beautiful visuals.

My words, but a whisper - your deafness, a shout.

-

If the future's looking dark, we're the ones who have to shine. If there's no one in control, we're the ones who draw the line

-

Quick to judge, quick to anger, slow to understand. Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand.

I tend to use Rotten Tomatoes for this sort of stuff these days, but just to give a taste of some of the past few months of film viewing:

-Ugetsu Monogatari - 9/10. Atmospheric period piece, cinematography excellent and a great adaptation of 18th century morality literature.

-The Leopard - 9/10. Although long, this is a stunningly beautiful and compelling portrait of the decline of the aristocracy. Subtle and elegaic.

-Lincoln - 8/10. Day Lewis mainly carries this, but nevertheless Spielberg's usual simple morality has managed not to annoy me in this one instance.

-The 3 Worlds of Gulliver - 5/10. A very average adaptation of a literary classic, forgettable and decidedly hammy.

-Citizen Kane - 9/10. I can see why it's a classic. Amazing character study, beautifully shot and marvellously acted.

-Ocean Waves - 6/10. A rather bland and angsty story of unrequited 'teen love'.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

Just finished watching 'John Dies at the End' and I'm not sure if it's brilliant or the ramblings of a lunatic put to film. It's kind of Donnie Darko meets A Scanner Darkly meets Monty Python. The only thing I know for sure is that if I didn't have to go out in 30 minutes I'd be watching it again right now. Which is rare for me, so I guess that means it's good.

Watched Django Unchained. Not tarantino's best work, but it was pretty good. 8/10

Also, Christoph Waltz definitely won best supporting actor for that movie on repuation alone. He was nowhere near as good in django as he was in IB.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Side Effects - 9/10 - completely different to what I expected! One of those films you might consider watching twice as the second time you watch it you will be looking at everything from a new viewpoint!

Contagion - 6/10 - got extremely bored towards the end!

Oblivion - 5/10 - just did not enjoy it all the way through. Very slow! Visuals were good though!

Identity Thief - 7/10 - as expected... some hilarious parts!

Stoker - 9/10 - I loved all the film making methods used in this film. Imaginative use of camera angles and visual aesthetics. The plot itself is slightly confusing, but nonetheless interesting.

Dark Skies - 8/10 - wasn't what I was expecting and was completely engaged throughout the whole film!

Scary Movie 5 - 5/10 - Not the same without Cindy and Brenda! However, it was still funny and much better than expected.

Antiviral and Branded - switched off half way through.

I saw The Company You Keep and Oblivion this weekend.

The Company You Keep was a decent film up until it started to conclude, then it just completely derailed, 5/10.

Oblivion is a love story that uses it's sci-fi elements to it's advantage. Predictable in places but I found enjoyable. 6/10

tFtfA.jpg

I saw The Company You Keep and Oblivion this weekend.

The Company You Keep was a decent film up until it started to conclude, then it just completely derailed, 5/10.

Oblivion is a love story that uses it's sci-fi elements to it's advantage. Predictable in places but I found enjoyable. 6/10

I literally said "k."

All_My_Love.png Bun_Dem.png

max.png 50.png