What movie(s) did you last see?

How2PK

Magnolia, 6/10. Liked it a lot until the end of the film. Had high expectations for the ending since it was over 3 hours long with multiple plots.

Strange, I enjoyed the ending. I still think the 'event' is strange and I still don't get it, but I thought it did an excellent job of ending the film.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Magnolia, 6/10. Liked it a lot until the end of the film. Had high expectations for the ending since it was over 3 hours long with multiple plots.

Strange, I enjoyed the ending. I still think the 'event' is strange and I still don't get it, but I thought it did an excellent job of ending the film.

[hide]

Yeah I had to look it up afterwards. Apparently the entire film was loaded with subtle Exodus 8:2 references and it was all a Christian allegory.

In a nutshell, the "lesson" was that they all sinned and needed forgiveness. I just thought the theme of the movie was kind of "plain" and cliche. But then again I was comparing it to American Beauty, whose theme is very debatable and complex. I'd probably appreciate Magnolia more if I was a Christian.

[/hide]

77yLQy8.png

Arrietty - not as good as any other Ghibli film I've seen, this is a straightforward adaptation of the borrowers with very Spielberg-esque structure and ending; a 6/10 at best.

Three questions to our film-watching regulars here:

a) Any of you guys got a Rotten Tomatoes account? (I opened one two days ago and have busily rated 110 films from memory since then)

b) If so, add me: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/member/crocesigismondi/

c) Please look at my reviews and if you think it appropriate nominate me as a 'super-reviewer'. Given some of the terrible reviews I've read on the site by alleged 'super-reviewers', I quite fancy the title myself :P

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

Good idea, I joined too. Won't add anyone for now, but it'll be nice to keep track of all the stuff I've watched.

EDIT: Watched Father of the Bride. I didn't find it funny (except for Martin short), but I thought it was a genuinely enjoyable movie. I particularly liked the relationship between Steve Martin and Diane Keaton - it struck me as a very realistic relationship while still being very strong (something you don't see much of in Hollywood). 7/10

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Yeah, Alan Rickman really carries that whole film doesn't he?

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Went through Die Hard 1-4 in the past few days. Die Hard 1 is still the greatest action movie ever made. Also really liked Die Hard 3, has a pretty interesting plot (or the twists rather). Never really noticed it before.

And Alan Rickman is fantastic.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Smokin' Aces.. Worst movie ever. At least that I've seen recently..

21 Jump Street. Shitty as well. Had some decent comedy, that's all. 4/10.

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

Did you know that the character of Harry Callahan was loosely based on David Toschi, the lead investigator of the Zodiac killings? He was also the inspiration for Steve McQueen's performance in "Bullitt". Pretty badass for a guy who wore a bow tie to work. :lol:

Toschi was also a consultant on the movie "Zodiac". Which means at some point he watched an actor playing him, go into a theater to watch a movie of a character based on him. It's so very meta you can almost feel the lines of reality blurring.

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Watched Anna Karenina. Good, but not quite as good as I was expecting. Still, I guess it's difficult to fit everything in...a movie that didn't leave anything out of the book would probably be 10+ hours long lol.

7.5/10

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Parker

I thought it was above average, to be honest. I've heard that movies released in January are movies that they just want to get out there, or something.

But Zero Dark Thirty was released in January and I thought that that was amazing too.

Parker: 8/10 - Needed more pew pew and the such, I feel.

Zero Dark Thirty: 10/10 - This movie was honestly the best movie I've seen in a while. The suspense and raw action was great!

I would definitely recommend these two movies.

All_My_Love.png Bun_Dem.png

max.png 50.png

I believe the last movie I watched was Jackie Brown, for the 51834th time. I just love how well Samuel L. Jackson works for the badass parts that Quentin Tarantino writes and directs. He's just a perfect fit. A must-see for anyone who likes Tarantino's work, and... well I guess it's just a must-see for anyone who likes good movies ^^

My words, but a whisper - your deafness, a shout.

-

If the future's looking dark, we're the ones who have to shine. If there's no one in control, we're the ones who draw the line

-

Quick to judge, quick to anger, slow to understand. Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand.

I haven't thought about Jackie Brown in ages. I know what I'm looking for next. :grin:

Watched The Man With the Golden Gun last night. Pure Roger Moore Bond excellence. :thumbsup:

I haven't thought about Jackie Brown in ages. I know what I'm looking for next. :grin:

Watched The Man With the Golden Gun last night. Pure Roger Moore Bond excellence. :thumbsup:

That's one of my favourites. I think Live and Let Die is one of my favorites, as is The Spy Who Loved me. I think Live is also the one with the car chase where bond is driving with Sherif J. W (it has to be that or Golden gun, being the only two he is in), and the second has the submarine Lotus Esprit, by far the coolest of the trio.

I also really like Tomorrow Never dies.

The car chase with J.W. was Golden Gun, Randox.

Which Red Dawn, original or remake?

And V for Vendetta is awesome. I love it. :thumbsup:

Watched Prometheus for the second time, and I still can't get over some of the acting performances. I mean, seeing an alien for the first time and, first of all, you don't seem stunned at all. In fact, you decide it's a good idea to go and touch the damn thing. They really don't train these guys very well, do they.

In general the movie is pretty much so-so, average sci-fi film. Nothing special story-wise, and the acting, as stated above, leaves something to hope for. Decent watch anyway :)

My words, but a whisper - your deafness, a shout.

-

If the future's looking dark, we're the ones who have to shine. If there's no one in control, we're the ones who draw the line

-

Quick to judge, quick to anger, slow to understand. Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand.