What movie(s) did you last see?

How2PK

Bought the Bond set on Blu-ray, so working through all the Bond movies. I have apparently never seen Dr. No or From Russia With Love, because I didn't recognize any of it. That's a pretty big deal for me, since I've been going my entire life now thinking I had see all the Bond movies. Now we get to see if I missed any others (I know I've seen the next one, Goldfinger).

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

I watched Ghostbusters last night. Funny movie for those who haven't seen it.

Classic. My childhood movie.

Just saw V for Vendetta.

Phenomenal movie.

9/10 (just because I've yet to find a perfect movie).

Definitely suggest to anyone.

Vi veri universum vivus vici.

I saw Looper last weekend. It was a pretty great movie, but I just couldn't buy the characterization. A lot of the characters just bugged me because they were just archetypes without enough motivation for their actions, like [hide=Spoilers]when his future self kills a bunch of kids because some completely unrelated people killed his wife.[/hide] Just stuff like that bugged me, a lot of characters made drastic actions without having enough actually believable reasons to do them. still a good movie, but definitely doesn't top Moonrise Kingdom or even Chronicle for me this year, better than all the superhero movies though.

[hide=Spoilers]when his future self kills a bunch of kids because some completely unrelated people killed his wife.[/hide]

[hide=Spoilers]While I know what you mean about archetypes, one of the kids would have grown up to become the Rainmaker, the person that wanted him dead, killed his wife, and became a mysterious and dangerous mafia boss in the future. That's why he sent himself into the past to commit a heinous act to prevent future heinous acts.[/hide]

22031_s.gif

[hide=Spoilers]when his future self kills a bunch of kids because some completely unrelated people killed his wife.[/hide]

[hide=Spoilers]While I know what you mean about archetypes, one of the kids would have grown up to become the Rainmaker, the person that wanted him dead, killed his wife, and became a mysterious and dangerous mafia boss in the future. That's why he sent himself into the past to commit a heinous act to prevent future heinous acts.[/hide]

[hide=More Spoilers Yay]While I understand that, he's robbing two innocent kids of their lives so that he could maybe see his wife again, who already died because of something he basically already signed up for. The character just bugs me I guess, lol. He killed about 20 people over the course of the movie because of one person that was killed in his life, sort of strips away the delusion that he's doing the right thing.[/hide]

[hide=More Spoilers Yay]While I understand that, he's robbing two innocent kids of their lives so that he could maybe see his wife again, who already died because of something he basically already signed up for. The character just bugs me I guess, lol. He killed about 20 people over the course of the movie because of one person that was killed in his life, sort of strips away the delusion that he's doing the right thing.[/hide]

[hide=EVEN MORE SPOILERS]Yeah, I'm not gonna deny that he killed people as if this is a typical Bruce Willis movie, which I disliked. However, what makes you think that the director was trying to portray Old Joe as the good guy? It looked to me like Old Joe was portrayed as a man that lost too much, and is now a mad man on the loose, with only a hint of remorse left in him shown by his hesitations before he killed. No one in the movie was wholly good, they all had demons inside of them, driven by the dangerous attractions of city life, such as drugs and money.[/hide]

22031_s.gif

[hide]I didn't understand how Young Joe realized that killing Cid's mother would transform him into the Rainmaker, yet Old Joe didn't realize that, even though they share the same memories[/hide]

[spoiler=Dear God, I post too much on this thread, I better stop]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I did not see a single instance of Old Joe seeing through Young Joe's mind, although the opposite happened a few times. Maybe Old Joe was too blind to see past his actions?

22031_s.gif

[hide]I didn't understand how Young Joe realized that killing Cid's mother would transform him into the Rainmaker, yet Old Joe didn't realize that, even though they share the same memories[/hide]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I did not see a single instance of Old Joe seeing through Young Joe's mind, although the opposite happened a few times. Maybe Old Joe was too blind to see past his actions?

[hide]Old Joe knew Young Joe was at the farm with Cid because of his memories. He also saw Young Joe smashing his cell phone instead of going to the train station earlier in the film[/hide]

77yLQy8.png

[hide]Old Joe knew Young Joe was at the farm with Cid because of his memories. He also saw Young Joe smashing his cell phone instead of going to the train station earlier in the film[/hide]

[hide]I can't see any other reason then other than the idea that Old Joe was too blind with anger and rage to realize how his actions will contribute to the Rainmaker's ascension to power. That's kind of a weak argument, though.[/hide]

22031_s.gif

So not to steer away from the forum's largest chain of spoiler tagsm but..

I saw the Perks of Being a Wallflower today. Such a fantastic, fantastic film. Never read the book but it was just excellent, second only to Moonrise Kingdom for me this year. Though all of you are probably already familiar with the story so I'm not going to go into to much detail, just its probably the best adapting to high school movie I've seen.

[hide]I can't see any other reason then other than the idea that Old Joe was too blind with anger and rage to realize how his actions will contribute to the Rainmaker's ascension to power. That's kind of a weak argument, though.[/hide]

This explains it:

[hide]And by "explains it," I mean explains how it doesn't make sense :P http://www.csmonitor.com/The-Culture/Culture-Cafe/2012/1001/Looper-The-ending-explained/%28page%29/4[/hide]

• Like 1

77yLQy8.png

Fire with Fire (2012).

Don't be fooled by Willis on the cover - it isn't *that* epic.

A little too generic with the storyline, but still a fairly good watch.

4/5.

Universal Soldier - Day of Reckoning (2012).

Little bit of a disappointment compared to The Return and Regeneration, but not totally a waste of time.

Had some good action scenes, and Van Damme/Lundgren don't fail to deliver with what little time they're allocated.

3/5.