What movie(s) did you last see?

How2PK

The Mist: Pretty scary at times, moreso in the sense of 'this could actually happen in an apocalyptic situation'. We knew there had to be a twist ending since it was based on a Stephen King novel so when the moment dawned on us of what would be the most horrible thing that could happen right at the end, we ended up pleading with the film for us to be wrong ;_; We weren't ;_; This film also had a ridiculous amount of the cast from The Walking Dead. The people who play Dale, Andrea and Carol were in it. As were two other actors I recognised... :unsure:

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

We need to talk about Kevin 2.5/5

Really piss poor character study, didn't like this direction they took at all.

Hunger (08) 3.5/5

Without really knowing what happened, I was mostly confused, they really didn't want to clue the audience in, when I figured it all out, I understood, but it was really well directed, other parts however just fell flat.

If you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

The three Godfather films: All way too long, and got worse over time, but pretty damn cool.

All the Star Wars films: All amazing, even though I know everything that's going to happen. Good to finally actually see them. I'm quite ashamed I didn't do so soon.

The Matrix: The only one of the three I truly enjoy, take the trucks from the second and the final battle between Neo/Hugo Weaving from the third, and you'd have an amazing film.

The Matrix Reloaded: Pointless sequel. Love them trucks. Love that Morpheus.

The Matrix Revolutions: Pretty average until the end.

Manhunter: Hopkins does a much better Lecter, but it was pretty cool regardless. Soundtrack was awesome.

Hannibal: Still not as good as Silence of the Lambs, but I really enjoyed it. Final scene was awesome. Anthony Hopkins is the best.

Red Dragon: Much better than Hannibal and Manhunter. Can't watch Hannibal Rising yet because mah woman wants to watch it with me for the main guy.

Akira: I didn't like it. I didn't like any of the characters and I couldn't get into the story.

Drive: Awesome. Soundtrack was pretty damn cool. Bryan Cranston is amazing at everything. I love him, can't wait for Breaking Bad.

The Hunt for Red October: I didn't much like this, though I knew I wouldn't. Not a fan of the whole movie taking place in a submarine. I love me some Sean Connery.

Patriot Games: Better, Harrison Ford plays a better Jack Ryan. Probably my favourite of the four. I think. Maybe.

Clear and Present Danger: Not as good, but Harrison Ford was still awesome.

The Sum of All Fears: Least favourite. Ben Affleck does the worst Jack Ryan, and not even Morgan Freeman could save it. Ah well.

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy: I liked it quite a lot, one of the better films I've seen of late. Benedict Cumberbatch was amazing, though it was weird to see him not being Sherlock.

Rocky: The best, even if everything in it has been referenced everywhere else. They only go downhill from here.

Rocky II: Worst proposal and wedding of all time. Definitely not as good as the first, but still not horrible.

Rocky III: Mr. T! Yay! Pretty much the high point of this movie, and he's not a likable person in it anyway.

Rocky IV: Hehehe. Why is there a robot? Probably the worst of them all, but at least Rocky beat the commie scum!

Rocky V: Poor Rocky's son. But a cute intended ending to the series.

Rocky Balboa: ADRIAN NO. D: Pretty pointless movie, but better than others, then again, it was pointless seeing them all anyway.

Alien: Pretty awesome. And that's all I really have to say.

Aliens: If it was shorter, I'd probably have preferred it to the first. The child wasn't that bad in this one.

Alien 3: Pretty terrible, not looking forward to the next. Good to see David Fincher got a lot better.

The Adventures of Tintin: Secret of the Unicorn: Amazing, stayed true to the awesomeness of the comics. I wish we got to see Calculus, though.

Alien Resurrection: As expected, this one was the worst. Should have left it at two in the series.

Predator: Pretty cool stuff, and that's about it.

Predator 2: Pretty crap. The guy from The Royal Tenenbaums is awesome and likable, though, but that may just be because he's black.

Currently finishing off AvP, then I'll be doing the Star Trek films, then I'll be watching some sweet, sweet Clint Eastwood films (I'm very happy my mum made me like Clint Eastwood films as a youngin').

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Just watched The Double two days ago. Not bad. :thumbup:

Interesting ending anyway..

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

The Hunger Games: An amazing film and a great adaptation of the books. Jennifer Lawrence was wonderful and I really like how they completely dodged the 'twilight romantic bs' bullet. I would definitely recommend it to anyone.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

And Jennifer Lawrence is absolutely stunning. The movie was fantastic!

The Abyss (1989) is one of those rare times I get to re-watch a classic movie I haven't seen since the late 90's. When I first saw it as a child, I didn't catch onto the beauty and messages because I was hoping they would escape the water bursting in. Hasn't lost its touch and worth a re-watch if you haven't seen it in a long while.

The Hunger Games: An amazing film and a great adaptation of the books. Jennifer Lawrence was wonderful and I really like how they completely dodged the 'twilight romantic bs' bullet. I would definitely recommend it to anyone.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

And Jennifer Lawrence is absolutely stunning. The movie was fantastic!

Wasn't really able to enjoy it, though I can't quite put my finger on why exactly. I somehow wasn't really able to immerse myself in the storye (despite reading the books and loving them). I would still recommend watching it though.

Insidious - Had a few decent scenes, but although it wasn't as bad as most horror films, relied WAY too much on jump scares.

Dead End - I still hold Dead End as an example of what I think a good horror movie should be. It can be streamed on Netflix if you're interested.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

The Blair Witch Project - I love these minimalist horror films. Think I'll go read into the Slenderman mythos because of it, I've heard Marble Hornets is good.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Insidious - Had a few decent scenes, but although it wasn't as bad as most horror films, relied WAY too much on jump scares.

Dead End - I still hold Dead End as an example of what I think a good horror movie should be. It can be streamed on Netflix if you're interested.

Watched Dead End at this suggestion since we've been running out of horror movies. Very tense and creepy. Didn't have me screaming much but that's probably because there weren't loads of jump scares.

Session 9 - We didn't even finish this. Was supposed to be scary, was just a little bit creepy - nothing actually happened really and we got bored.

1408 - Ended up watching this after we got bored of Session 9. Good film, pretty scary, awesome actors.

The Firm - Quite a long film but I didn't really feel it. It had a good story to it, though you can see where it was going at times.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

I never even heard of 21 Jump Street, then last Friday at book club we decided to go see it afterwards. Just from the description it sounded like another stupid-funny comedy, one that I would enjoy but never would want to spend money on in a theater. It turned out to actually be really funny, in the stupid-funny way but definitely worth it.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Saw Battleship last night. It was better than I expected it to be. It could have done with having a little more explanation about why the aliens were doing what they were doing and I can't really get over the fact that it's based on the Battleship game... but other than that it's a pretty cool film.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

Predators: Not that bad. Probably my favourite of the three. Just seemed new and better. Though I do love the Pitch Black-esque story.

Alien Vs. Predator: Could have been so, so, so much better, but was terrible.

Alien Vs. Predator: Requiem: Just terrible. A horrible, horrible movie.

Star Trek: The Motion Picture: The special effects were truly amazing. I didn't really like it, would have been better if I was a fan.

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan: I thought it was better, but not great. I still think I'd enjoy them more if I'd seen the show.

Star Trek III: The Search for Spock: Pretty crap, and that's about it.

Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home: Pretty awesome. I'm starting to know and like the characters. Some funny parts and yay time travel!

Star Trek V: The Final Frontier: Pretty average. Not as good as the last, that's for sure.

Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country: I can't remember much, but I think it was pretty cool.

Star Trek Generations: Worst death scene ever. Let's see how Picard goes.

Hunger Games: Camera was annoying at times, and what a terrible rule change, but a pretty cool idea and movie.

Star Trek: First Contact: Back to awesome. I think I do prefer Picard. Waited all movie for Sweet Jesus and random and out of place placement of title.

Romancing the Stone: I WANTED FUNNY, THIS ONLY HAD FUNNY MOMENTS. Danny DeVito is amazing.

Star Trek: Insurrection and Star Trek: Nemesis: Both very average, and I was sick of this series before I got here, so no fun.

Star Trek: Much better than the last few films, a good reboot. All of the replacements filled their roles well. Yay Simon Pegg!

Primal Fear: Watching all of Edward Norton's films. Edward Norton is the best. A very welcome change to movie watching. Good film and good, yet cliche-ish ending.

The People Vs. Larry Flynt: Not too bad, got worse by the end, but still pretty cool. Cool seeing Norton change sides since his last role.

Everyone Says I Love You: God damn it so much singing. Should have done research to prepare myself mentally for all the singing.

American History X: Still amazing, and the second best film ever.

Rounders: Was alright I suppose, not as good as others.

Keeping the Faith. Pretty cool stuff, but since it's Edward Norton, it's the greatest movie of all time.

The Invention of Lying: Ricky Gervais and Louis CK are the best. Tiny, minor but amazing Edward Norton role. Really enjoyed this one.

The Score: Also pretty damn good. Edward Norton made me so angry in this one.

Death to Smoochy: Strange idea, but an enjoyable movie nonetheless.

Frida: Blegh. Least favourite Edward Norton film so far, good thing he only had an incredibly minor role.

The Italian Job: Was pretty cool, a hell of a lot better than Frida. Still not a fan of Mark Wahlberg.

Down in the Valley: Better than Frida, but not amazing. I still enjoyed it, though.

Kingdom of Heaven: Meh. Very average, excessively long. And I couldn't even see Edward Norton's face!

The Painted Veil: Pretty good. Edward Norton was awesome in this one.

Could have sworn I'd updated here a few days ago.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

I just got back from taking my kids to see The Pirates! Band of Misfits. It was a great movie, everything I've come to expect from an Aardman production (you know, the fine folks behind Wallace and Gromit). It was almost non-stop laughs from start to finish.

Take your kids, or even someone who's just a kid at heart. :grin:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

apparently I haven't posted in a while.. *crack*

Young Adult 2.5/5

Really boring, and you tend to just hate the main character.. and not much else.

Zodiac 4/5

Love the direction of this film, great atmosphere, great acting, and just fantastic story.

Robocop 4/5

Fantastic social commentary, really aged well, not dated at all. Might check out Starship because of this.

Evolution (2001) 2/5

Tries too hard to be a "ghostbusters 2"

Dead Poets Society 3/5

Just an okay film. Nothing really good. But the whole end was a big shocker to me.. it really came out of nowhere.

The Invisible Man (1933) 4/5

Really fantastic, the special effects look amazing, and I can't believe what went into this film.

[Three Colours: Blue] (1993) 4/5

Really beautiful cinematography, love the blue everywhere, story seems a bit weird till you get to about the middle though.

The Tenant (1976) 3.5/5

Roman Polanski, Quit dressing in drag. You're weird as is.

Punch-Drunk Love (2002) 3.5/5

Weakest of the P.T. films REALLY awkward until he meets the girl. Also, I just roared out of my seat when he beat all those guys up soooo good.

Detachment (2011) 4/5

Really wanting to see Tony Kaye new feature and I finally found it. Really fantastic and really shows his art as a director, love all of the social commentary within the film. and Adrian is so great of an actor in the film.

Avengers 2.5/5

Average superhero films at best, rehashing the same plots over and over, nothing really new. I personally thought all the jokes were pretty lame, some didn't even need to be made by some of the characters. (The drinking joke by loki for example), CGI shite fest, nothing really new or amazing to really see.

Way of the dragon 3/5

Bruce lee kicking peoples asses for about 30 mins, while a plot remains for an hour, That hour was pretty dull, however Bruce lee's fight scenes were really well done, and not anything like a typical action kung-fu film.

Star Trek 3/5

Gah, time travel, really... The film was alright, the whole tint of it though was dark and really didn't need to be, it was way distracting. Second, Lens Flare. Why... It's more annoying then anything J.J.

I'm not a big fan of the series, so I can only really comment about how the film is in this sense, so it was just okay. Surprised that they are making a sequel already. AND NOT A CLOVERFIELD ONE. -.-