What movie(s) did you last see?

How2PK

Prometheus - didn't know anything about it going in except Ridley Scott and the LOST guy had something to do with it so I didn't know what to expect.

Basically it wasn't as good as it could've been. Characters were stupid for the sake of the story and that really took away from the immersion. If you're the type who doesn't care about the details and just want to see eye candy, it's worth watching. If you're expecting a solid story because of Ridley Scott, you'll be disappointed.

Exactly this. It looked great, but the rest of it left much to be desired. Plot holes, sometimes poor acting ect...

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Prometheus - didn't know anything about it going in except Ridley Scott and the LOST guy had something to do with it so I didn't know what to expect.

Basically it wasn't as good as it could've been. Characters were stupid for the sake of the story and that really took away from the immersion. If you're the type who doesn't care about the details and just want to see eye candy, it's worth watching. If you're expecting a solid story because of Ridley Scott, you'll be disappointed.

The older (and thus smarter) I get the more that annoys me. Real shame, the first 3 alien movies are awesome.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

I kind of figured Prometheus would be like that. The trailer made it "look cool" and I guess if that's all you want from a movie than that's fine. I'll probably see it once it comes out on DVD.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

The gritty atmosphere from the original alien movies seemed gone with all the bright lights I saw in the trailer :(

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Joint Security Area 3/5

Average film, actiony, really a lot of talking, a little confusing, twas alright.

Y tu mamá también [And Your Mother Too] 4/5

Really interesting film from Alfonso Cuarón, You feel like you know the entire plot by the beginning of it. But it totally throws you around for loops as this plot develops, Also, it's pretty sexy.

The Friends of Eddie Coyle 3/5

Decent film about Bank robbing and gun smuggling and trading, lots of talking as well.. nothing really too amazing however,

The Raid: Redemption 3.5/5

Really interesting sort of blend of Hard Boiled and Oldboy. Interesting action film, not much plot there, and it's pretty violent and bloody. I mean, a man gets killed by a door for god sakes.

If you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

Saw 21 jump street. Not great, but fairly funny, and better than I expected. I think I like channing tatum much better in a comedy role than I do as a serious actor. 5.5/10.

polvCwJ.gif

I saw Seeking a Friend for the End of the World last night. It was pretty good but definitely not a comedy as I thought it was heavily portrayed as in commercials on TV. More of a dramedy, with emphasis on the drama. But still, enjoyed it a lot. However, I had smoked a bit of the hippy lettuce before so it definitely threw me off as I was expecting a comedy.

It also had an awesome soundtrack and awesome cast in regards to the more minor characters.

dcfclogo4.jpg

[Admin Edit: Attempting to publicly humiliate a user in your signature is inappropriate]

Quit Runescape... Dec 2001 - Jan 2008 on and off... mostly off.

• 2 weeks later...

Since I'm boring and don't want to dig up my opinions on the movies I've seen, I'll just copy the list of what I've seen since my last post.

The Incredible Hulk.

Pride and Glory.

Leaves of Grass.

Stone.

Bustin' Down the Door.

A Fistful of Dollars.

Iron Man.

Iron Man 2.

Thor.

Captain America: The First Avenger.

Revenge of the Creature.

Tarantula!

The Enemy Below.

For a Few Dollars More.

Thelonius Monk: Straight, No Chaser.

Coogans Bluff.

Joe Kidd.

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

Hang 'Em High.

Two Mules for Sister Sara.

Where Eagles Dare.

Paint Your Wagon.

Hannibal Rising.

Play Misty for Me.

The Beguiled.

Kellys Heroes.

High Plains Drifter.

Thunderbolt and Lightfoot.

The Eiger Sanction.

The Outlaw Josey Wales.

The Gauntlet.

Escape from Alcatraz.

Airplane!

Bronco Billy.

Any Which Way You Can.

Firefox.

Tightrope.

City Heat.

Pale Rider.

Dirty Harry.

Magnum Force.

The Enforcer.

Sudden Impact.

The Dead Pool.

Blood Work.

Pink Cadillac.

The Rookie.

Million Dollar Baby.

Heartbreak Ridge.

Priscilla: Queen of the Desert.

True Crime.

Mission: Impossible.

Mission: Impossible II.

Mission: Impossible III.

In the Line of Fire.

The Bridges of Madison County.

Bird.

Space Cowboys.

A Perfect World.

Léon: The Professional.

Mega Shark Vs. Giant Octopus.

Mystic River.

Changeling.

J. Edgar.

Brave.

Hancock.

Hitch.

The Bucket List.

Pokemon: The First Movie.

The Shawshank Redemption.

Phone Booth.

Donnie Darko.

This is Spinal Tap.

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

Dumbo.

Fantasia.

Pinocchio.

The Reluctant Dragon.

Currently watching (Mostly re-watching, really) through all of the Disney movies, minus a select few Pixar ones or whatever.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Just came back from The Amazing Spiderman.

Solid 10/10. I hated the original Spiderman movie. Toby didn't cut it for me, and I wasn't a huge fan a Kirsten Dunst. I liked how they made so many things different in this new movie.

Honestly, I liked it so much that I'm going to buy it when it comes out on DVD. Not usually a fan of superhero movies, but this one got me. I liked it more than the Avengers, which is a recent movie I also watched a liked immensely.

And, I might as well say it: Andrew Garfield did a [bleep]ing outstanding job. Loved him in the Social Network, loved him in this. I admit, kinda a guy crush. Anyway, enough of that.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Chocolat

Woman opens chocolate shop and everyone views her as a crazy, independent woman in a town where everyone is very conservative and strict. Plus Johnny Depp is in it. That alone is reason to watch it.

8/10

The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus

Really crazy doorway/mirror thing that leads you to an alternate universe type thing. It is so random and weird, and a lot of great actors are in it.

9/10

The Man From Earth

BLEW. MY. MIND. It's about a dude that has lived since cavemen times. It's seriously [bleep]ing insane. I might be overreacting, but I loved this movie. It makes you think.

10/10

Waking Life

Another mind blower. Your brains will be all over the floor after watching this. It's a cartoon, but not a childrens movie. By far. I think it was a college movie/project, but still highly reccommended by me.

10/10.

Saw 21 jump street. Not great, but fairly funny, and better than I expected. I think I like channing tatum much better in a comedy role than I do as a serious actor. 5.5/10.

Not great? I thought it was [bleep]ing hilarious! What didn't you like about it?

The Amazing Spider-man... did a much better job with Peter Parker. Definitely a great movie. The first person camera shots were really awesome.

Went back and watched Spider-man from 2002.. my gosh, it sucked. Granted it was from 10 years ago, but it felt like I was watching Power Rangers towards the end.

Working on max and completionist capes.

2435/2475

Not great? I thought it was [bleep]ing hilarious! What didn't you like about it?

Very predictable plot, same genre of jokes that every recent comedy has had, nothing particularly unique or clever. It was, as I said...just...okay.

polvCwJ.gif

The Great Train Robbery (1903)

This is what happens when you try searching for Action movies from the decade 2000s, but accidentally click 1900s instead.

For a 12-minute silent film with a $150 budget from 1903, I was pretty impressed.

Watched the Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus. It was pretty weird, but I enjoyed the different characters in it.

And I guess I got into an Andrew Garfield/Heath Ledger mood, so I watched Never Let Me Go (Garfield in it) and the Dark Knight (Ledger as the Joker). Never Let Me Go was pretty sad, tbh. I felt it had a pretty slow plot, and it was a relatively short movie. But the ending really got to me.

And as for the Dark Knight, I was reminded of how skillfully Heath played the Joker and how much I dislike the way Batman talks, rofl. Seeing Heath in both Parnassus and the Dark Knight made me really appreciate his acting. It's unfortunate he isn't alive any more.

I guess, if I'm bored tomorrow, I'll try to find Captain America online, since that's one superhero movie I haven't gotten to yet. I doubt I'll enjoy it much, but it'll help me connect with the Avengers story. And I'll probably try to find The Social Network streaming somewhere on the internet. I've always liked that movie.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Batman Begins & The Dark Knight. Hadn't seen them in a while, decided they're worth a watch again. 4/5 for BB, 5/5 for TDK.

Dorian Gray. A similar theme to Macbeth and Frankenstein, which I both enjoyed. 4/5.

Die Another Day. I am actually a fan of mindless explosions and gunfights, even if a film lacks in other departments. 4/5.

God Bless America. It had it's good and bad points, but I enjoyed watching it. 3/5.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. If the Batman trilogy didn't overtake it, I'd call this the film of the decade. 5/5.

Star Trek Nemesis. For some reason this was apparently the worst in all the Star Trek films, but I enjoyed it the most. 4/5.

This Means War. I would have enjoyed it a lot less if Chris Pine wasn't in it. It got a few laughs out of me at points though. 3/5.

The Da Vinci Code & Angels and Demons. Both brilliant films, 5/5 each.

Johnny Mnemonic. You can't help but smile at the technological side of things, but Keanu Reeves gives a good performance. 3/5.

Point Break. Moderate, nothing special but worth a watch. 3/5.

The Avengers (1998). Such a good cast but such a letdown of a film. 1/5.

Equilibrium. Brilliant film, and I don't care what anyone else says. 5/5 because Christian Bale is awesome.

The Fugitive & US Marshalls. Both above-average and worth a watch. 4/5 each.

All the Die Hard films. 4/5, 3/5, 3/5 and 4/5 respectively.

Hell Ride. Skeptical about this at first, but it turned out to be pretty good for a biker film. 4/5.

Sin City. A masterpiece. 5/5.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll just name the past 3 movies I saw in theatres.

The Amazing Spiderman - The new spiderman does a much better job than Toby did, in my opinion. I like that this Spiderman is a bit more comical and cocky, and how the storyline of the movie played out. It was quite predictable, but not in a horrible way. 9/10

The Dark Knight Rises - I had been awaiting this film, and have to say I was not disappointed. The storyline, albeit predictable did have a piece that caught me entirely off-guard, which I enjoyed greatly. If not for the performance by Heath Ledger in the Dark Knight, I would have rated this the best of the trilogy. Regardless, it was a good movie, that of course left an opening for a future split. 10/10

Total Recall - A bit too predictable for my liking. The storyline felt rushed, but maybe that was just me. I personally was somewhat bored during this movie, and I even watched it in a nicer theatre than I usually visit. It just wasn't my cup of tea. 6/10

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

Saw Kill Bill Volume 1 and Shaun of the Dead last night.

All this time, I thought Kill Bill was a comedy...

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg