What movie(s) did you last see?

How2PK

V for Vendetta: 7/10

Pretty good film, very 1984-esque and some interesting twists.

Puss in Boots: 6/10

Decent film but it did miss Shrek and Donkey, though if you liked the Shrek films you'll probably like this.

The Incredible Hulk: 5/10

After seeing The Avengers I decided to watch this since it was on TV last night and I wasn't overly impressed. The acting wasn't great, Liv Tyler was particularly disappointing and the ending was poor (well the bit before Stark appeared). Got to say I preferred Mark Ruffalo to Edward Norton too.

The Avengers: 8/10

An all round good film, probably the best I've seen this year. Some good acting (in particular Robert Downey Jr and Tom Hiddleston) and good fight scenes. It did mainly focus on Ironman and Thor, although I guess they had to favour a couple or else it would just get messy. Also Captain America was unbelievably annoying, glad I never saw that film. I would still rate The Dark Knight and possibly X-Men: First Class above this in terms of comic book films though.

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

Avengers 2.5/5

Average superhero films at best, rehashing the same plots over and over, nothing really new. I personally thought all the jokes were pretty lame, some didn't even need to be made by some of the characters. (The drinking joke by loki for example), CGI shite fest, nothing really new or amazing to really see.

I kind of figured the avengers would be about like that. I don't plan to go see it..

Saw The Grey. It was about what I figured...as in it was "meh". Not great, not awful...just meh. Good acting, but I found the plot was quite cliched and predictable, as well as somewhat unrealistic (which ordinarily I don't mind but it seemed like this film was trying to be realistic).

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

It's coming out May 4 2013 last I heard :)

I'm hoping Mandarin will be a better villain than the last two. I loved Iron Man himself in both movies, but neither villain really shined at all in my eyes.

The Cabin in the Woods: 9.5/10: Thought it was Generic Horror Film #1032, but saw it was getting amazing reviews. Had a day of so I drove to the theatre and saw it. Was not dissapointed, deff the best movie I've seen this year, and one of my new favorites

Sig

Oasis (2002) 4/5

Really interesting story. Love conquers all. (However spending an hour to get the subtitles right is a pain...)

Shame 4/5

Much better than Hunger, Steve McQueen really knows how to direct a film and I am excited to see where he goes from this.

Cowboys and Aliens 2/5

Weird blending of Sci-fi and Western that really didn't mix well. the acting was really sub-par from everyone and nobody really felt like they cared. [spoiler=spoiler]However when they figured out that they wanted gold, that was pretty stupid, I mean damn, us humans want gold, come on couldn't they have come up with something a little better than that?

Badlands (either 4/5 or 4.5/5 I really can't decide.)

Fantastic film from Malick, he really knows how to really make a film. Wonderful cinematography, interesting characters, fantastic writing. However the pacing was a little slow, even for an hour and a half film. But I think it's still very well done, Not quite as good as Days of Heaven or Tree of life, but quite up there at least.

If you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

Men In Black 3

4/5

Great! Very Good story. Special effects used. Funny. :thumbup:

Level 99 Skills 28/28 200M exp Skills 6/28
Going for 200M All Skills. [qfc]48-49-837-63099395[/qfc]

@Matt258RS Twitch: Matt258RS

Whatpulse
My Youtube user name: birdman258 200MCook ProfitCook 200mPrayer MakinWines MyF2pSkillers

On 12/23/2011 at 4:39 PM, 'Jebrim' said:

But don't even begin to think that I think I'm better than you all simply because I've done 7.6k+ hours of Agility or because I have tens of thousands of fans.

The Avengers.

I'm not a big superhero fan, or a fan of Marvel in general, but I thought this movie was super cool. It started off kind of slow, but the ending was freakin unbelievable. Even though I remember the Incredible Hulk movie to be really lame, Hulk had to be my favorite in this movie simply because he just smashed everything, haha.

4/5

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Snow White and the Huntsman

It was pretty good except...

[hide=Spoilers]The ending didn't wrap things up very well.. they built up this whole love triangle thing and then the end never revealed which guy she was going for.[/hide]

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Saw Iron Sky. It was freaking fantastic. It was so absurd, it was hilarious. And I still can't believe it was made by Finns. It totally rivalled Hollywood blockbusters in scope and technical solutions.

Every single freaking European at least should see it, see where their tax money is partly going and what they get in return. And to get a sequel or something. And here a sequel could and should be done, ending was such a cliffhanger.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Batman Begins: 8.5/10 Still a great movie. Maybe not as good as the Dark Knight but still pretty damn good. I love the first 30-40 minutes or so, with Wayne's history and all that.

Sherlock Holmes: 8/10 Much better than I had expected. Took me a while to get used to Downey's voice and accent (after just recently seeing both Iron Man movies + the Avengers). Other than that it was surprisingly good. Will definitely see Game of Shadows soon.

Scary Movie 3: 6.5/10 Always great for a laugh, even though it has a very silly and stupid humor. But I love that kind of humor anyway. :P

The Adjustment Bureau: 7.5/10 Another one that took me by surprise. Saw the trailer for it when it was coming out, but never actually saw it. Saw it just now and I must say it's a pretty good film. I guess Matt Damon isn't so bad after all.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Ridley Scott's Prometheus.

IT WAS AWESOME. Although there were a lot of "WTF?" moments. But overall, it was definately awesome. I would watch it again in a heartbeat, and I'll be buying it when it comes out on DVD.

The Alien franchise is probably my favorite series of movies ever, and this one didn't disappoint at all.

:thumbup:

And no, I didn't watch it in 3D, but I'm sure it would have been cool with those additional effects.

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

Chronicles. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1706593/

Good movie. Basically a story about high school kids who gain superpowers. I liked it because it's a change from the typical put on a suit and become superheroes cliche. Plus one of the guys were from the Wire.

I honestly have never seen an ad or heard of it. Weird.

The Darkest Hour http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1093357/

It's bad. Waste of Emile Hirsch's talent. He needs to fire his agent.

Same thing with Chronicles. Never seen an ad/heard of it.

Scary Movie 3: 6.5/10 Always great for a laugh, even though it has a very silly and stupid humor. But I love that kind of humor anyway. :P

WAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP. never fails to make me laugh.

The art of getting by 3/5

Good directing, typical indie film style, plot and characters. nothing really neat to see here.

Wages of Fear 4/5

Really tense and great film, The whole first act of the film was a little.. long. It really didn't get me into the mood until they got into the trucks, then shit got serious.

Rules of the game 2.5/5

Boring, long, and really aggravating film. For some reason, I couldn't enjoy "rich people problems" and all the struggles they went though. It was really dry, didn't have any flavor to it like Grand Illusion had.

A bittersweet life 4.5/5

Really fantastic action film. Probably on par with a lot of John Woo films. The main actor (Lee Byung-hun) did a fantastic job of portraying the character. The soundtrack was really good, and I don't usually say that about films.

this film was so good I had to check out the directors other works

The good the bad and the weird. 4/5

Someone described this as "A mix between The good the bad and the ugly and It's a mad mad mad mad world. " I would agree, except the setting and pacing is a little off for this to be as good as those 2 films.

Still really funny and good, pretty much a cardboard cutout of the characters from TGTBATU but who cares, I mean it's in the title that the film is going to be like that.

Moonrise Kingdom 4/5

Same styles as a Wes Anderson film. But this time, all the kid actors act like Adults and the adult are kids. Which is quite strange, but very interesting. the film was shot really well, as his other films. It really felt like a good mix of Royal Tenenbaums and Life Aquatic

Otherwise, it's pretty high up there on my favorites of his, but I'd have to see it again to really say if it's better than Rushmore.

Prometheus - didn't know anything about it going in except Ridley Scott and the LOST guy had something to do with it so I didn't know what to expect.

Basically it wasn't as good as it could've been. Characters were stupid for the sake of the story and that really took away from the immersion. If you're the type who doesn't care about the details and just want to see eye candy, it's worth watching. If you're expecting a solid story because of Ridley Scott, you'll be disappointed.