What movie(s) did you last see?

How2PK

Colombiana - I enjoyed it a lot. I feel like i would have liked a little something extra from it but I can't quite put my finger on what that would be...

I actually just watched this yesterday, I kind of got the same feeling except I didn't get quite as much enjoyment. Basically it was enjoyable but it could have been awesome, had it just been a little different someway. Haha, not a very good way to describe something but that's the best I could come up with.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Ip Man 2.

5/5. I'm loving these Asian martial arts movies. This one was your typical western vs Asia movie, though I don't think that took anything away from it. Very sweet fight scenes, as usual.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Rain Man: Quite good, maybe a little too long, though.

Zombieland: Always good for a rewatch.

District 9: Really enjoyed it, best movie I've seen all year, and best serious movie for quite a while.

Old School: Watching random movies I have. This was terrible.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

The ('Murrikan) Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

My thoughts can be summed up by this Cracked comment:

I am still straight-up pissed at Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

They make you watch the rape scene, then counter-rape scene.

But later there's a scene in a club where she start to hook up with a chick. You think, "yeah, [wagon], you owe me this."

...aaaaand then it cuts to the next morning. ARE YOU f*****g KIDDING ME!?

Translation: It was like the Swedish one, but not as good and with many more unnecessarily explicit sex scenes. :???:

Top Gun: I knew this wasn't my kind of movie (YEAH AMERICA LOOK AT US FIGHT AND STUFF!), so I didn't expect much, and so I didn't get much.

An Everlasting Piece: Disappointing. Was forced by one of my mates to watch it, saying it was amazing, it was enjoyable, but not great.

#rpgformod

Top Gun is a classic, you're not supposed to buy into it. It's just good fun.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Went to IMAX and seen Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol. It was badass, nuff said.

You liked it? I admit it was badass at times, but the plot was kinda shit, and the ending was terrible.

I saw it today as well.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Went to IMAX and seen Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol. It was badass, nuff said.

You liked it? I admit it was badass at times, but the plot was kinda shit, and the ending was terrible.

I saw it today as well.

The ending coulda been better but it strongly hints at mission impossible 5. I really didn't mind the plot, it fits the previous movies and imo it exceeded the previous films in quality which is a hard feat after 3 other movies. It was no where near perfect but i liked it.

Low_C.png

I've seen about 15 minutes of all MI movies combined (about 5 minutes of each of the first 3).

Over the weekend, I watched all of the Shrek movies, The Whole 9 Yards, 5ive Girls, Twister, Telling Lies and more I can't think of. None of them were amazing but they weren't terrible, either.

Garden State 3.5/5

Twas okay, character wasn't really appealing, also I kept thinking Zack was J.D. the whole time, I couldn't get that out of my head. Everything seemed so weird.. Plus I'm not really for suburban setting since I live in one. Overall okay, but not really worth the rewatch

1:30:00 into Kurosawa's Ran, REALLY BRIGHT AND POWERFUL COLORS. Not messing with Color for years can do something to you.

Finished it:

Ran 4-4.5/5

Powerful colors, extremely emotional, TONS OF BLOOD, very surprising for a Kurosawa film. Otherwise, not as good as Seven Samurai or Dersu, but it's still better than Throne of blood.

If you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

5/5 Obviously. I've seen it dozens of times. This time it was on blue-ray, which was pretty neat.

I'm going to watch the trilogy again, when we go back home...across the boring Great Plains/desert areas.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

5/5 Obviously. I've seen it dozens of times. This time it was on blue-ray, which was pretty neat.

I'm going to watch the trilogy again, when we go back home...across the boring Great Plains/desert areas.

I support you 100%. :thumbup:

Just finished the Two Towers. Tomorrow will be Return of the King. Looking forward to it.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Bellflower 2/5

What an incredible strange film. Nothing about Flamethrowers or driving, or any of those things. Instead it becomes a poorly acted display of how stupid people can be sometimes.

HORRIBLE pacing, I felt like it dragging on forever, totally forced acting, piss poor cinematography, it did have a nice uses of lens and color chromes, boobs were in it?

Otherwise, totally avoid, it's nothing like the posters or trailer make it seem to be.

If you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

Kung Pow: Re-watch. Still the best movie ever.

Choke: Eh. It had its moments. Tried too hard to be Fight Club and fell short.

Airplane!: Re-watch with a couple of mates (Who hadn't seen it) and girlfriend (Who had). Still amazing.

The Edge: Pretty cool. Anthony Hopkins is like the coolest guy ever.

The Quick and the Dead: Gene Hackman is awesome and always amazing, but western movies are all the same. Alright, I suppose, is all I can say.

Platoon: S'alright. I knew exactly what I was getting into. Lul Charlie Sheen and John McGinley.

What Lies Beneath: They tried, but it wasn't terribly good and/or scary. All attempted scares were cliche and eh.

The Family Stone: Well, that was terrible. The worst movie I've seen this year.

Stranger than Fiction: Was actually pretty cool, even though it's common practice to dislike Will Ferrell and everything he's in.

Haven't been in here in a while, but I've been keeping with at least one movie a day!

#rpgformod

You do know that Choke and Fight Club (novels) were written by the same person, right?

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

You do know that Choke and Fight Club (novels) were written by the same person, right?

Yeah.

#rpgformod

The Tunnel - Was really quite good for a freely distributed film made with donations. As horror movies go, it's certainly not the worst and there were some good moments.

Grave Encounters - Rewatched it, wasn't as scary since I knew what happened but it was still pretty scary and a great movie anyway.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].