What movie(s) did you last see?

How2PK

The Man Who Wasn't There: Pretty cool, not as good as other people have said, but still pretty cool.

The Ladykillers: Better than others have said, in my opinion.

Two left.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Adaptation 3/5

Extremely good screenplay, pretty well done acting. 3rd act though, ruined the whole thing for me, since I thought the whole thing was real I was blown away as to how this happened.. and the fact that he doesn't actually have a twin brother ruins it that much more. Overall, alright, but the pacing was HORRENDOUS, It slowly moved, directing was mediocre and could of done so much better.

If you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

Next director to watch all of, Aaron Sorkin.

He's actually not a director, he did write Few good men, and West wing, but didn't direct anything.

Next director to watch all of, Aaron Sorkin.

He's actually not a director, he did write Few good men, and West wing, but didn't direct anything.

Ah. Just assumed he was director by my friends' usual sorting methods. Well, regardless, I have four films of his to watch.

#rpgformod

Been away from here for awhile, but I've been watching loads of movies:

Umberto D (1952)-It was good for what it was and I'm glad I finally saw it, but I don't think I'll watch it again.

Capote (2005)-I had been meaning to see this one but never got around to it. It started off a little slow and I was somewhat unsure of it, but it ended up being a very moving film. Great use of brutality and violence in a sparing manner as to increase the impact on the viewer.

Ivan's Childhood (1962)-Tarkovsky does an amazing job with this one. If you've never watched a Tarkovsky film, you are seriously missing out on one of the most aesthetically pleasing directors in film history. (Thanks to redhaloguy for introducing me to the master :shades:)

Army of Shadows (1969)-A movie about the French resistance during WW2. It was interesting and well-acted, but average in my opinion.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

A Few Good Men: Nothing amazing until the end. The final scenes are awesome, and with them, I seemed to turn to like the movie more. Good to finally understand the whole 'You can't handle the truth' quote now.

#rpgformod

Malice: Didn't like it.

The American President: Probably my second favourite Aaron Sorkin related movie, after The Social Network.

Charlie Wilson's War: Didn't much like it.

Next director up, Darren Aronofsky. I've previously seen Requiem for a Dream, and very much liked it.

#rpgformod

Next director up, Darren Aronofsky. I've previously seen Requiem for a Dream, and very much liked it.

The Fountain is one of my person favorites from him and the Wrestler, Some people say Fountain is toodeepforthem. But watch with warning.

City of God: Was pretty amazing. Though I couldn't remember anyone's name bar Rocket's (Probably because of all the reading and such I had to do), I pieced it all together and really liked it.

Pi: Made me feel really uneasy with the black and white, noises and headaches (I get migraines, so I can relate), but I did like it. Yay Mark Margolis!

#rpgformod

Due Date: Was terrible. The acting was good but the plot was direly predictable and Ethan was a loathsome, god-awful, disgusting character who I despise and from fairly early in the film wanted to murder with my bare hands. He had NO redeeming qualities - none. He was an ignorant, arrogant, selfish little shit who's father's death didn't make me feel sorry for him at all. I am seriously disappointed with this film ¬_¬

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Eureka (2000) 4/5

Cinematography of this film was fantastic, characters were also quite interesting, I always love characters that don't talk. The pacing seemed way faster than 3 hours, which was nice, but I wouldn't want to rewatch it, it had it's beauty the first time, and that's all.

Everything is Illuminated 5/5

Watched this again, still had the same impact it left me the first time, amazing visuals, great acting, funny yet dramatic at the same time, and just a really perfect movie for me.

Below: Didn't really think much of it. (I do realise Aronofsky only wrote this one).

The Fountain: Probably the second best of Aronofsky's I've seen, after Requiem for a Dream.

The Wrestler: Maybe my new favourite Aronofsky film. I really enjoyed it.

#rpgformod

I just watched Scarface for the first time...

5/5

Damn good movie. I'm pretty sure I creamed my pants at the end.

this so much

I probably would of creamed if I didn't have the end spoiled for me...

ANYWAYS

Grave of the fireflies 4/5

Really beautiful, great story and really heartbreaking. Best Ghibli film out there, I didn't cry at all, probably because I've seen more depressing movies. Otherwise, really well made but It wouldn't be at the top of any of my lists.

Black Swan: Not very entertaining, didn't really like it.

And Now for Something Completely Different/Monty Python and the Holy Grail/Monty Python's Life of Brian/Monty Python's The Meaning of Life: Marathoned them by myself. First time seeing any of them in full, all amazing.

Terry Gilliam is the next director I'm watching, I'll start going in chronological order now that I'm done with the Monty Python films. :3

#rpgformod

Black Swan: Not very entertaining, didn't really like it.

If you watched it to be enthralled or entertained in a conventional sense, you went in with the wrong mindset completely.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."