What movie(s) did you last see?

How2PK

The Phantom Menace. It's actually a good movie. If only it wasn't for Jar-Jar. Despite Jar-Jar, it holds up decently. Maybe I'm slightly biased, since I basically grew up watching it, but I'd give it a solid 7/10.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Rampage- It wasn't scary but the whole mass murder thing gives me the chills.

Saw: The Final Chapter- Pretty bad. I haven't seen any of the saws all the way through until this one. The special effects were mediocre

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

Kill Bill 1&2 - Meh. I can live with illogical films if it's presented the right way, but this was a bit too far. Far worse, I really didn't get a lot of the character's motivations (Such as fighting&then sitting down and talking). It was moderately enjoyable though - 6/10

The life of benjamin button - I did not see it fully (missed the end) but it didn't particularly excite me anyway. I didn't really feel with the characters and the story was not that interesting either - 5/10

True Grit - Enjoyed it, good plot, good actors - 8/10

Attack of the Clones: The first half of it is pretty damn bad, but it picks up in the 2nd half. Still the worst Star Wars movie by far. 5/10.

Revenge of the Sith: So [bleep]ing good. Really gives the original trilogy a run for its money, in my opinion. Easy 8/10 at least.

ONWARDS TO THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png

Have any English countries made any really good horror movies since like the 1990s? I've been on a horror kick and all the recent ones I've enjoyed most have been from France, Spain, Sweden, etc. On that note, though:

Martyrs, [REC], Sinister, Insidious, Citadel, Stitches. All watched with a couple of friends. I think Sinister got the most jumps out of us but I really liked the atmosphere of Citadel. Martyrs and [REC] ofc were the French and Spanish movies previously mentioned and I think they were overall the best of the night.

I really want to go see Mama but the cinema in town isn't showing it and our work schedules don't really line up well enough for me and my buddies to go down and watch it in Townsville

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Argo. Pretty good....7/10

I just watch that last night. I thought it was good, hilarious at times, but I felt everything went too smoothly, so I'd have to agree with your score.

Hilarious? I couldn't think of one thing that made me laugh...

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

A New Hope: A classic. I really can't point out any flaws for it, to be honest. 8.5/10

The Empire Strikes Back: Quite possibly the best sequel ever made. It is just so good. 9.5/10

Return of the Jedi: A few weird scenes, such as the singing and dancing scenes at Jabba's palace, and with the Ewoks. Still, a great conclusion to the saga. 9/10

The Hobbit: A lot better on second viewing. The CGI isn't as noticeable as I felt it was (although still noticeable). I really do miss the prosthetics though. I like the pacing of it, however I do feel like the end of it was a bit rushed. Felt like there was too much going on in such short time. A solid start to a new trilogy. 8/10

Now, I need new movies to watch. :<

7rwjf.png
Leik.png

I'm always watching films so I will give a list of the latest ones I've seen.

Glengarry Glen Ross (1992)--I really enjoyed this film and probably because it was based on a play. Mostly set in one room (sort of like 12 Angry Men), and relies on quick dialogue to tell the story.

The Master (2012)--The first time I watched it, I felt a little let down, but after watching it the next day I absolutely fell in love with it. Joaquin Phoenix should have won Best Actor and this should have been nominated for Best Picture. It is one of the best film adaptations of Freud's Id, Ego, and Superego theory I have seen. P. T. Anderson always comes out with spectacular films.

Argo (2012)--I was entertained, I suppose. Seemed like just another mindless Hollywood film. Average acting and too much facial hair. This was definitely not deserving of the Best Picture award.

Amour (2012)--I am a big fan of Michael Haneke, but Amour was not his best film. It was very timid compared to his others (Piano Teacher comes to mind), but I still very much enjoyed the simple but compelling story.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

I'm always watching films so I will give a list of the latest ones I've seen.

Glengarry Glen Ross (1992)--I really enjoyed this film and probably because it was based on a play. Mostly set in one room (sort of like 12 Angry Men), and relies on quick dialogue to tell the story.

The Master (2012)--The first time I watched it, I felt a little let down, but after watching it the next day I absolutely fell in love with it. Joaquin Phoenix should have won Best Actor and this should have been nominated for Best Picture. It is one of the best film adaptations of Freud's Id, Ego, and Superego theory I have seen. P. T. Anderson always comes out with spectacular films.

Argo (2012)--I was entertained, I suppose. Seemed like just another mindless Hollywood film. Average acting and too much facial hair. This was definitely not deserving of the Best Picture award.

Amour (2012)--I am a big fan of Michael Haneke, but Amour was not his best film. It was very timid compared to his others (Piano Teacher comes to mind), but I still very much enjoyed the simple but compelling story.

I agree re: argo. It was good, but not great. Definitely not a best picture...

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

The Departed for like the millionth time. Such a good film. I really don't understand how DiCaprio doesn't have an Oscar.

Mark Wahlberg was also amazing. In fact, all of them were. 9/10

• Like 1

7rwjf.png
Leik.png

The Departed for like the millionth time. Such a good film. I really don't understand how DiCaprio doesn't have an Oscar.

Mark Wahlberg was also amazing. In fact, all of them were. 9/10

I actually just rewatched this last night. I saw it when it came out but totally forgot what the conclusion of the movie was (elevator scene) so I was on the edge of my seat. Some of the shots were a bit sloppy and the accents were a little ridiculous, but it was a great film overall.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."