What movie(s) did you last see?

How2PK

I watched Death Proof - it wasn't very good. Really its only redeeming factor was some of that Tarrantino style - plus I loved it when he himself used the term "tasty beverage".

I missed that one when it was out in the cinema... didn't last very long :(

Will catch it on DVD in six months or so

Harrington.gif

BenX

I'm very curious about this one, I hope to find some time in the next couple of weeks to go and see it.

Busy life, only saw Charade - nice watch, but Hepburn's (over)acting is annoying and Grant is well past his expiration date. He just seems so bad at ease in the 60's. I really liked the script, though, so it was quite enjoyable.

Ah, yesterdaynight it was the night. Me and my friend Tobias went to Antwerp to see Control! We almost were too late because there was some stupid change in the roads, stupid Belgians. But after a 1.5 hour drive (what should have been a one hour) we arrived. Just in time, and we could see it! Yes! If we had to drive the double amount of KM's it would've been worth it. From the very beginning till the last note of the music on the end credits was played I was hooked on the screen. A fantastic debut, best movie of the year so far.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Ratatouille - best Pixar movie yet! Absolutely loved this movie. The animation incredible and the attention to detail was stunning. Full of laughs and just struck all of the right notes.

Would definately recommend it regardless of your age.

10/10

Harrington.gif

Resident Evil : Extinction

Not very good to be honest. Better than the second one (but that's not saying much), but not a patch on the first one.

Good effects, but a crap plot, crap acting and distastfully left open for yet another sequel.

4/10

Harrington.gif

Yesterday I was one of the luckiest men alive. At 13:00 I saw that the Apartment was going to be showed at 14:00. So I rushed to go to the cinema, took a fast shower, and in 20 minutes on bike (normally it takes 35. :D ) I was at the cinema. And I had the privilge to see one of my favorite movies ever in cinema. And it was wonderfull, tears from happiness. :D One of the greatest, movie wise.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Just got back from The Kingdom http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0431197/

It was pretty good. A bit less action than I expected however, the plot was also better than I anticipated. Figured they'd dumb it down but they kept it pretty clever.

Really enjoyed it.

8/10

I "sort-of" saw it.

My friend and I were going to see The Final Season. However, the projector was not working. They offered to give us a refund, but we decided to hop in to another movie.

We went into the Kingdom, and it seemed kind of stupid. Then we went to Good Luck Chuck. Needless to say, it was a "little" inappropriate. I think we just walked in at the wrong part. WE saw most of Game Plan and I give it a 4/10. It was really corny!

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

Eastern Promises

Better than I expected - was planning on seeing The Kingdom, but my friends took too long at Chipotle. My favorite part was when they explained the meanings behind the tatooes. Everything seemed to make more sense from then on. I felt they cut the end a little short, but it was still a nice movie. Gave me the same kind of feeling as when I watched Leon a couple years ago.

cescsig.jpg

The Devil Wears Prada

Loved this movie! Meryl Streep is absolutely amazing playing 'the devil', who else. :P And the story was pretty cute too, although predictable. But I was still taken in, it was one of those movies that are easy going and fun. And of course, the fashion business is fascinating. Funny how underneath all that glamour there is nothing much, really, but it's the glamour that attracts and it's addictive. Actually what mostly appealed to me was how the main character - who at first was acting all superior to all this, got sucked into this world, becoming virtually addicted to it. And Meryl Streep was a joy to watch in every scene. I expected nothing less of her anyway. She's the greatest actress alive imo. I kinda doubt guys would like this movie though, but who knows, you can give it a try.

"Metal isn't about violence or faggy whiny lyrics. It isn't even about who plays the heaviest and fastest. It is about invoking a sense of wonder and magnitude that no other genre can depict."

bluarosezk0.jpg

Alien Resurrection

Didn't like it all that much the first time I watched it at the cinema. I'm a big fan of the Alien series and was let down by this one. But watched it for the first time in about five years, last night and strangely really enjoyed it. Gotta love those xenomorphs lol

Harrington.gif

Ratatouille - When I first saw previews for this I was kind of scared, I liked Brad Birds movies but it didn't look like it would work. Then it got some good reviews, and I was excited about it again. I've only now been able to see it. It was great of course, I did like his other movies a little more, but it was good.

Transformers - Lol Michael Bay :P

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Rendition - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0804522/

A little disappointed in this one.

The trailer would have you believe the movie is actually about Rendition of a terror suspect, but in actual fact, that's just a relatively unimportant side story. The real story (which I won't discuss), is actually pretty awesome, but probabaly wasn't quite enough to make an entire movie from, so they seem to have tagged the Rendition side onto it. The overlap of the two movies is pretty much irrelevant.

What a shame... they could've had something special there.

2/10 for the Rendition story , 8/10 for Abasi Fuwal's story.

Harrington.gif

The Fountain - Problematic. Disappointing. irritating in away..but i still gonna wait for Aronofsky's next piece.

Sunshine - not bad. good soundtrack like any Boyle movie (Underworld found their place),claustrophobic atmosphere and some visually amazing scenes.good entertainment.