What movie(s) did you last see?

How2PK

28 Weeks Later - Awesome, of course. Rose Byrne is hot as hell.

4: Rise of the Silver Surfer - I like comic book movies, I liked this movie. Of course the ending was lame, but overall a generic comic book movie. Jessica Alba looked nice, kind of odd at times though.

Lola rennt - Felt like watching the previous two movies because they just came out on DVD. Felt like watching this movie because of the favourite movies thread. I don't seem to be watching much new anymore (new as in I haven't seen before), only movies that I feel like watching again. Oh well, this movie was once again completely awesome.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Rush Hour 3 - Awesome not matter what the critics say, can't beat Rush Hour comedy...

Bourne Ultimatum - Good action and fight scene but pretty weird how he never gets hurt in the film although he gets in some major fights and car crashes.

sig5235ro7.jpg

I've only ever seen the poster for Attack of the 50 foot woman. Tssk, and you accuse me of watching overhyped films :-).

Overhyped? :P I does have the most misleading poster of all time though. :lol:

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

D.O.A. - A guy is poisoned and only has a few days to live. It's a film noir movie, and it's pretty good. I enjoy film noir but it isn't my most favourite of genres all the time. The problem I had with this one was the acting, the lead lady wasn't very good at all. Everyone else was OK I guess.

The Fortune Cookie - Saw Sumpta's post about The Apartment, and I felt like watching it. Then I took a look at my Billy Wilder collection and noticed I only have seen 3 of the 8 in the set. Figured I should watch the ones I haven't seen. It was good, but like the others it almost seemed like the comedy was a little forced at times. The storyline was good, especially because of the time the movie was made. It was about suing for a ton of money as a result of a personal injury. The whole movie Jack Lemmon has to act like he is partly paralyzed to get the settlement from the insurance company. It was probably really funny then, it is almost kind of sad nowadays though.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Making an American Citizen - This was a silent/b&w film from 1912. I'm taking a course which boils down to what makes americans american and what qualities are american, and of course, we started from the beginning. It has an eastern european married couple who are moving, and the man beats his wife and forces her to do the labor. This was probably the culture of E.Europe as portrayed in the film b/c they didn't seem to mind. But after he steps off the boat it all goes down hill, and people begin to use violence against him to show how it is done in america. 7/10

The Lady from Shanghai best 7 euros I spent in quite some time. Still enjoying the climax. Brr. And Rita. <3

21o4pav.jpg

The Reaping - awful, awful, awful movie. The plot was, well... awful and unimaginative. The acting was atrocious, and the effects were pretty poor as well.

Even this worst movies have some redeeming feature you can draw upon. With the Reaping, it's redeeming feature was the fact that it was only 95 mins long...

1/10

Harrington.gif

1408 In cinema yesterday night. I got in it pretty soon and so I felt pretty much isolated from the crowded cinema. And I almost lost myself when watching the movie. The set is so creepy, and they just keep adding new layers to it. I was glad when it was over, because I didn't want to get back in that nightmare again. Brr. But it was great. Well worth seeing! Do it in cinema though, because the impact will be less big on DVD or behind your computer screen.

21o4pav.jpg

Jindabyne - Mweh. Says it all. Raymond Carver is a great short story writer, and that's just the point. Turning a short story in a 2+ hour film is a bad move. Director Altman was smarter, he used several of Carver's short stories to make one fabulous film (Short Cuts). Anyway, Jindabyne: you feel the painful struggle of the director to get a certain mood into the film and prolonguing the short story with complete drivel. Even without knowing the story, the viewer feels effortlessly what has been added later. In the end, the director botches up the thusfar just bearable film by trying to go for cheap emotions with a performance of a Celine Dion/Mariah Carrey-like tearjerker. No likey.

The Dreamers - Was on at like, 3AM last night and I decide to watch it instead of sleep. It was interesting.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

Eva Green topless is always interesting. :P

Yesterdaynight I decided to have some "Quality Time" with my brother, so I took a nice movie directed at younger audiences with me from work to tease him (he's 17 years old :')). I picked the movie Sky High because this one had been looking at me for a few weeks, and finally I took it with me. And I had a great time watching it. It's really cheesy and the special effects aren't really impressive, but it's fun. It's like Harry Potter but less dark and with super heroes instead of wizzards. ^.^

21o4pav.jpg

And a nice performance by Kurt Russell, Daan :D

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Am I too old to say that the purple highlighted hair girl was cute? lol

She was 17 i think when she was in the movie.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12