Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

what do you think will happen in 2012?

• Please log in to reply
285 replies to this topic

Lenticular_J
[ Display Name History ]

Lenticular_J

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 7,284 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None

That website might actually be useful. Not for 2012 preparation, of course, but for general emergency items. There's TONS of stupid [cabbage] that could happen at any given minute. Why wait for some random date an ancient civilization pulled out of their [wagon] to get ready for it?

Not that site. I was looking at it, and if you want to stockpile survival stuff, you're better off going to Gander Mountain or Army/Navy surplus stores. Orwholesale stores.Mmmm. Yeah, I've thought about building a compound in the Rockies or something just in case, but then I realized it was stupid, then I realized it would be a great resort/hotel/gameshow.
MATT DAMON AND MONEY.
catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Mattie9999
[ Display Name History ]

Mattie9999

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Teh Mattie
I always marvel how the people who think of these things, forget about time zones. They say at a specific time, the world will end, but does that mean that the world is slowly going to end in sections at a time, as the zero hour occurs in each timezone? (Unlucky us in New Zealand then. (GMT +12))

I actually calculated the hour of this 2012 thing according to the official countdown, and it happens for us Kiwis at 1am on the 22nd of December, even though doomsday is supposed to be the 21st of December.

Hmm...

mrsmarty1
[ Display Name History ]

mrsmarty1

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 215 posts
I'll be a sophomore in college.
Posted Image

Lielac
[ Display Name History ]

Lielac

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 546 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Lielac
Supposed to end on 22 December 2012, right?

I'll be three days after eighteen, sitting around, happy because I finished all my highschool crap early so I have nothing important to do, reading something probably, moaning about how I still have a year to go until I can get drunk legally, laughing at the poor sods who still have THREE years to go, getting annoyed by siblings (two of which will be teenage menaces and the other will be a ten year old twit who likes purple too much and is totally going to vandalize mount rushmore someday)...

Yeah. Not much different from normal, besides that everyone will be several years older. And I'll be taller. And probably in better shape. And have longer hair...

Not much different.

I say nothing will happen.

What I think would be cool...

:twisted: Earth gets blown up to make way for a hyperspace highway.

*whistle* Who, me?

Balance may be power, but chaos is still pretty damn fun.

Canada can't be second rate, polar bears are their main mode of transportation.

H2PM
[ Display Name History ]

H2PM

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,819 posts

I'll be three days after eighteen, sitting around, happy because I finished all my highschool crap early so I have nothing important to do, reading something probably, moaning about how I still have a year to go until I can get drunk legally, laughing at the poor sods who still have THREE years to go, getting annoyed by siblings (two of which will be teenage menaces and the other will be a ten year old twit who likes purple too much and is totally going to vandalize mount rushmore someday)...

Yeah. Not much different from normal, besides that everyone will be several years older. And I'll be taller. And probably in better shape. And have longer hair...

Not much different.

*whistle* Who, me?

Wait!!...I have an Idea...*SMACK!*

free internets to anyone who knows what movie thats from.
"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

unkn0wnwarrior
[ Display Name History ]

unkn0wnwarrior

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,855 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Dougymc
  • RSN2:Doug M

Not much different.

*whistle* Who, me?

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

And I think that expressway was canceled...

#Free
[ Display Name History ]

#Free

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • RSN:Free
  • Clan:#EfficiencyExperts
theres alot more evidence then just the Mayan calendar...you must watch the documentary Nostradamus 2012....the world wont necessarily end but it will be a NEW day....

@Dragonseance #1 to 200m all.
www.twitter.com/dragonseance

H2PM
[ Display Name History ]

H2PM

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,819 posts

Not much different.

*whistle* Who, me?

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

And I think that expressway was canceled...

It was, but they rebuilt another earth.
"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

deathdrow
[ Display Name History ]

deathdrow

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,327 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:deathdrow666
I think it's really just one big coincidence that a ton of stuff is happening, there are tons of lunar cycles all lending, and apparently all the planets are going to be lined up.

I bet the sun is going to turn into a big laser and shoot big holes in all the planets, and make a pretty little asteroid necklace.

H2PM
[ Display Name History ]

H2PM

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,819 posts

I think it's really just one big coincidence that a ton of stuff is happening, there are tons of lunar cycles all lending, and apparently all the planets are going to be lined up.

I bet the sun is going to turn into a big laser and shoot big holes in all the planets, and make a pretty little asteroid necklace.

Nah, its going form a face and proclaim "Ima firein' Mah LAZOR! BLARRRGH!"

jasignhagj
[ Display Name History ]

jasignhagj

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,183 posts
I will go to every doomsday forum and type FAIL

Horatio666
[ Display Name History ]

Horatio666

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • Location:Being strangled by my goldfish. Please come help me!
  • RSN:Horatio666
Firstly, as for the mayan calendar, just because it ends on said day does not mean that's the end. maybe someone was simply too lazy to add yet another year....

With the amount of end of world scares we've had recently (6/6/06, LHC, even Obama becoming President of the US to an extent) that I am very quick to answer that it's a load of C-R-A-P. People seem to like to believe we're all going to die or something.

What a cheery bunch we are
Posted Image
"Probably the worst thing I do is take bubble baths. But manly ones."

No matter what the avatar looks like, I'm male

Boris5000
[ Display Name History ]

Boris5000

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,954 posts
  • RSN:Volothamp
  • RSN2:Boris I
I thought the olympics was going to happen in 2012, oh... The brittish win at sports. That's why the world will end ;)
Luck be a Lady

Rebdragon
[ Display Name History ]

Rebdragon

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 7,318 posts

*whistle* Who, me?

From a person who's read the book but yet to see the movie, please don't. This is a nerd joke that needs to stop, a complete corruption of something funny into something not.
[If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or
by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Dean Ambrose
[ Display Name History ]

Dean Ambrose

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 735 posts
  • RSN:Dean Ambrose
  • RSN '07:Brad Maddox
  • Clan:Primacy
Scientists has proof that we all die in 2012. So, what will I be doing 12/21/12? Laying on the ground dead. :(

Or mabye it's just bull crap they're advertising, just so Surplus stores get more cash. :wall:

runescapeloser22
[ Display Name History ]

runescapeloser22

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,180 posts
I was watching Mythbusters on the discovery channel, and a commercial came on advertising how there is going to be extreme solar activities in 2012 or something. They were talking about how we have to continue the human race by saving ourselves. It had a website but I forget what it was. It's kind of weird that there was such a well done commercial about the world ending on the discovery channel (it wasn't for a show or anything).

H2PM
[ Display Name History ]

H2PM

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,819 posts

I was watching Mythbusters on the discovery channel, and a commercial came on advertising how there is going to be extreme solar activities in 2012 or something. They were talking about how we have to continue the human race by saving ourselves. It had a website but I forget what it was. It's kind of weird that there was such a well done commercial about the world ending on the discovery channel (it wasn't for a show or anything).

Its advertisment for the movie 2012.

runescapeloser22
[ Display Name History ]

runescapeloser22

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,180 posts

Its advertisment for the movie 2012.

Oh. I just found it was was the "IHC" (Institute for Human Continuity). It's a really clever advertisement, until you go to the actual website. It's way too obviously fake. There's a section to apply to be the new world leader after 2012.

Robert_de_Sable
[ Display Name History ]

Robert_de_Sable

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 943 posts

theres alot more evidence then just the Mayan calendar...you must watch the documentary Nostradamus 2012....the world wont necessarily end but it will be a NEW day....

A new day?

By God!

A new day?! My god, man! That's revolutionary talk!
[English translation needed]

Giordano
[ Display Name History ]

Giordano

Troll General

• Members
  • 11,438 posts
  • RSN:Pasta Cheif
  • Clan:Chef Films

A new day?

By God!

A new day?! My god, man! That's revolutionary talk!

Maybe its the day sarcasm is banned. :cry:
"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users