anyone think phats are overpriced?

admiral_5

Phats have been rising a lot. in the past 5 months, they were merely used as junk. now the demand is so high that purple is going for at least 200m...

this is getting out of hand. i have 180m cash and i really want to buy a purple before i start cleaning my bank. i tried to put the max offer seconds after the ge update and still no one is selling. (4 attempts so far). can anyone give a statement of why the phat craze is continuing?

Post script edited. ~Laura0077

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I don't think they're overpriced as I paid Purple + AGS(140m at the time) for White + 22m. I also paid 2 SGS(107m ea at the time) + 4m for a Red.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

No, I don't think they're overpriced as I paid Purple + AGS(140m at the time) for White + 22m. I also paid 2 SGS(107m ea at the time) + 4m for a Red.

doesn't exactly explain why they're overpriced.

Phats will Always keep going up, simply because there are so few of them. With more higher level players quitting supply goes down and demand is still high.

always isn't a good word to use on any RS items. they have to drop eventually. if the price is too high than no one will buy them and therefore, it'll drop again.

doesn't exactly explain why they're overpriced.

Both of those trades happened over a year and a half ago. In my opinion, they're not priced high enough yet. Although Purple is now ahead of the 143m I paid for it pre trade limits.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

They should be priced higher given their rarity.

They are just being hoarded at the moment though. Everyone who owns one doesn't want one because it's a partyhat. Give all partyhat owners the option of keeping their partyhat and making it untradeable or selling it for the current minimum GE price and I assure you the majority of owners would sell. This is all due to 3a flopping. However, rares are a better target for the merchants, as they won't be slowly trickling in due to clues, and new potential for demand is always present.

I guess I should have kept the white phat I bought a while back. :lol:

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

Phats will Always keep going up, simply because there are so few of them. With more higher level players quitting supply goes down and demand is still high.

always isn't a good word to use on any RS items. they have to drop eventually. if the price is too high than no one will buy them and therefore, it'll drop again.

I think it's pretty safe to say that phats' prices will always go up. And couldn't jagex have solved the whole rare problem, if they had just dropped crackers every X-mas? And pumpkins every Halloween, etc.?

If you think they're overpriced, why do you want to buy one at current prices?

Only because "you want to" doesn't mean they SHOULD go down.

hvXho.png

99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

They aren't overpriced.

They will hit $1 billion plus easily there is so much cash flowing through RS from monster drops, merch and PVP.

Longer-term higher level players are quitting, usually they sell everything and keep rares. Less rares will be buyable as fewer people will ever sell the one they already have. Whatever price it hits.

They're expensive, but look at it at a different angle - what purpose would it serve the majority of the population to own one?

If anything, they're at their perfect price range for the 1% that actually wants to afford one.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

when partyhats were dropping, everyone was saying its because people want to spend their money on new items, lvl 99, and other stuff. now when partyhats are RISING, why did the theory changed all of the sudden? >.>

One thing to realize is that partyhats will likely end up like 3rd age, in the sense of the flop that occurred. Eventually the prices will stop rising as all of the merchants will either have and not want to sell on the GE, or trades will simply occur only in player trade in order to trade rising items & junk. Most will be satisfied with the player trading for a while, but then one of the major holders may decide to sellout, causing a panic/price fall. They will then likely flop like 3rd age, only to be bought up again later (similar to how 3rd age currently is). Although it would be more successful than attempts to buy 3rd age now, due to the smaller numbers.

This is merely my opinion. If you disagree don't flame me over it. :thumbup:

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

There is no need to generalize Tip.it moderators as power hungry nor is it necessary to label your topic with "please don't lock." Doing so usually has an adverse effect, often contrary to what you intend.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

I didn't read all the replies, however by reading your first post...

It says (summarized): I want a partyhat. I have almost enough but I can't get one. They must be overpriced.

I read: PLZ I KANT BI PARTEHAT ND I RLY WANT SO IT HAS TO B OVRPRISED!@

Please, correct me in any errors I may have overlooked.

sgsagssighe6.jpg

the trick is to balance all of these methods to get 99 and either play real life or train another skill while farming.

635th to 99 Farming 12/16/07

theyre not overpriced....if anything, theyre underpriced. each one has fallen to about half of its original value prior to the GE's release

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

Kafei's Law of Runescape Economics

Any item you want to buy, yet cannot afford is overpriced.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours