18th August 2009 - Menagerie, Familiar Controls and Butler

Saradomin_Mage

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can a room only be moved if you can only have one of that type? I wanted to move my throne room, but it just wants me to build another one.

I think thats the case. I got the move message when I tried building a new costume room.

Now I have to use 5m on a new Formal Garden. :wall:

They're hittin' me where it hurts.

The lever will only work when the house owner is at home.

Xil is back to nearly his original size. However, he still appears just so slightly above ground. It seems that they'll never get this right.

I cannot go into normal mode, except by changing to it once inside the house, and then there are whiteprints everywhere for rooms.

There is absolutely NO WAY I am going to alter anything in my house, let alone place 10 pets to all be swallowed up by some random glitch and have JaGEx say, "Well sorry, but there's no proof you had those. We're not replacing them."

Invalid teleport! G-G-G-GAMEBREAKER!

JAGEX IS OUT TO KILL YOUR PETS!!

2dgucz6.png

Anyone elses servant run away? I must have been too demanding..

I thought that as well, but forgot you need 2 bedrooms in your house.

I have two bedrooms and I cant seem to find my servant.

He might have gotten teleported to the outside part of my house.

(There is no way to go out in the open field around my house.)

This update would be great :thumbup: , after ironing out all the bugs and glitches :thumbdown: . It won't take too long I hope? :pray:

More importantly, any whining Tip.Iters this time who think this update is a big fail because it's not high level content, or how it's useless?

Lol, I just realised that this pet habitat update is the one from one of the fansite artwork we had a while back :wall: Along with the skeletal creature that turned out to be Rag and Bone 3, that's two down. Next one, addy dragon please!

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

had this happened to any1 else ? :?

logs.png

the offer's came through but i cant get them :-s

Well thats odd, didn't happen to me. Still very funny :lol:

maulmachine4.png

Corporeal Drops:2xHoly elixers

Bandos Drops: Bcp(soloed) 5x hilts 8x tassets

Armadyl Drops:Armadyl Hilt(trio)

Zamorak Drops: 2xZamorakian spear 3x Steam battlestaff

had this happened to any1 else ? :?

logs.png

the offer's came through but i cant get them :-s

Happened to me with magic seeds, log out and in, that worked for me

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

Wait. Does it specifically state the limits anywhere? Can we only have one Menagerie? Can we have multiples of the same pets?

10 rooms of 10 Abyssal Demons... An army... :lol:

Or! March of the Penguins!

This is exciting and disappointing at the same time... How horrible.

2dgucz6.png

rsglitchinmenagerie.png

Yeah. Those are TEAK. PLANKS. My construction level is 53.

There's a problem. -.-

Edit: Nevermind... you have to upgrade the pethouses. -.- yay.

Balance may be power, but chaos is still pretty damn fun.

Lielac.png

Canada can't be second rate, polar bears are their main mode of transportation.

This is definitely a handy little update. I'm actually liking that we can put our pets in our POH now; that frees up a lot of bank space. Or at least it will for me when I get another Summoning level.

MA updates sounds like they're reviving it a fair bit, which makes sense - this ought to be good. I'll try those out later and see what I think.

I can confirm that the faster POH loading times were there before this update; I don't know when they happened, but it only took me one or two seconds to get into someone else's house while I was training Prayer last week...

Can't wait to use the Make-X with the flatpacks. I've been waiting for that for quite some time, heh...

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

rsglitchinmenagerie.png

Yeah. Those are TEAK. PLANKS. My construction level is 53.

There's a problem. -.-

Edit: Nevermind... you have to upgrade the pethouses. -.- yay.

Don't feel bad. I did it too. Though I figured it out before I said anything on here and make myself look stupid. ::'

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

If something can be done about the pet fish and rocks, it would be even better. I think they don't really count as offical pets at the moment. A rare pet fish that's catchable during fishing perhaps? An aquarium to store all the fish in? Viewable fish and rocks on the summoning interface?

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

I dislike the fact that I can't even build the damn room! Everytime i've tried, up to 120k wasted now, INVALID TELEPORT screams at me and leaves me in building mode, with the runescape apparantly telling me i'm already in normal mode when clearly i'm not. Oh and no new room.

Fantastic!

asrhasrh.jpg

Few questions if anyone knows the answer, thanks;

1. Does the feeder work automatically? Will my pets run away if i don't visit my house often enough and operate it?

2. Can i have more than 1 of the same pet? I.E 2 black dragons etc.?

X_kaylin_X.png

I was asking the same thing, but thinking about it, we'll have to wait for someone to get two of the same pet, so it may take a while to find out.

2dgucz6.png

This is definitely a handy little update. I'm actually liking that we can put our pets in our POH now; that frees up a lot of bank space. Or at least it will for me when I get another Summoning level.

MA updates sounds like they're reviving it a fair bit, which makes sense - this ought to be good. I'll try those out later and see what I think.

I can confirm that the faster POH loading times were there before this update; I don't know when they happened, but it only took me one or two seconds to get into someone else's house while I was training Prayer last week...

Can't wait to use the Make-X with the flatpacks. I've been waiting for that for quite some time, heh...

So apparently, and I could be wrong about this, but at Jagex, the proper method for prgramming is this:

The programmer enters his office.

He walks up to his desk and bring the keyboard to the edge

He unzips his pants and pulls out his gentleman parts.

Then he starts smacking the keyboard with said gentleman bits.

Hits send.

The QA then throughly check it while simultaneously downing shots of Jaeger and tequila.

And on Tuesday we get a fabulous update. :thumbup:

You know, on second thought, perhaps today there shouldn't have been an update. Like clockwork, here comes sarcastic, spoiled players expecting everything to be bug free 100% of the time. Even though this update is good, keeping trolls silent is so much better...

How am I a troll? I use proper spelling, grammar, punctuation. I try to be light about it. I try to put in a little bit of humor. Yet I'm still a troll? Is that because I have the gall to actually criticize Jagex? Should I just kneel down and tell them how great they are all the time like you?

Sarcastic? Yes. Spoiled? If playing this game for years and being used to Jagex actually making good updates that aren't ruined by a string of bugs, then yeah, I'm spoiled too.

Is the update good? Yes. Is the quality of the update tarnished by the plethora of bugs that are ruining it? You damn skippy hippie.

Maybe it's my fault. Maybe after playing the game for years, I shouldn't bother holding Jagex to any sort of standard. It's my problem for enjoying the game in the past and hoping to enjoy it in the future. Don't use asterisks to evade the censor ~assassin

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

I was asking the same thing, but thinking about it, we'll have to wait for someone to get two of the same pet, so it may take a while to find out.

Ill try in a while. Ive got an egg in incubator else id put my spare black egg in. Got fully grown black in house + egg in bank.

X_kaylin_X.png

So apparently, and I could be wrong about this, but at Jagex, the proper method for prgramming is this:

The programmer enters his office.

He walks up to his desk and bring the keyboard to the edge

He unzips his pants and pulls out his gentleman parts.

Then he starts smacking the keyboard with said gentleman bits.

Hits send.

The QA then throughly check it while simultaneously downing shots of Jaeger and tequila.

And on Tuesday we get a fabulous update. :thumbup:

You know, on second thought, perhaps today there shouldn't have been an update. Like clockwork, here comes sarcastic, spoiled players expecting everything to be bug free 100% of the time. Even though this update is good, keeping trolls silent is so much better...

How am I a troll? I use proper spelling, grammar, punctuation. I try to be light about it. I try to put in a little bit of humor. Yet I'm still a troll? Is that because I have the gall to actually criticize Jagex? Should I just kneel down and tell them how great they are all the time like you?

Sarcastic? Yes. Spoiled? If playing this game for years and being used to Jagex actually making good update that aren't ruined by a string of bugs, then yeah, I'm spiled too.

Is the update good? Yes. Is the quality of the update tarnished by the plethora of bugs that are ruining it? You damn skippy hippie.

Maybe it's my fault. Maybe after playing the game for years, I shouldn't bother holding Jagex to any sort of standard. It's my problem for enjoying the game in the past and hoping to enjoy it in the future. Yeah, I'm at fault for their s**tty performance.

The amount of epic fail in your first post was enormous. Do a better update then and quit complaining. They let a small mistake in the game and you say they do a sh*itty performance? Quit the game then. People like you are seriously ridiculous.