Why not have a few more options on the Profile UCP?

RSN2 and RS-Type are good, but certain people dont just play RS, why not have an option for PSN/GamerTag/etc? Lots of people on these forums have Xboxes, some have PS3s, Wiis and PC gamers. So why not? It wont take that much of work really, will it?

A few other ideas from other people could be nice.

Note; I know the signature could be used for this, but it might be cool :|

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Of course, most forums do you options like these, but this is really a RuneScape/Jagex forum. But then again, I see no harm in having the options there, apart from abuse of the system.

Also, I guess people would get frustrated that their game/profile isn't available. If everyone's request was to be accepted, then the list would go on and on. For example, someone could have XFire, Live For Speed, Steam, xbox360, PS3, Wii, DS, and so on. On the other hand, these could only be displayed when the person's profile is actually clicked, instead of under the avatar with a post.

Also, I guess people would get frustrated that their game/profile isn't available. If everyone's request was to be accepted, then the list would go on and on. For example, someone could have XFire, Live For Speed, Steam, xbox360, PS3, Wii, DS, and so on.

That is, I take it, the reason that this hasn't been done already. Believe me you aren't the first person to suggest this.

C2b6gs7.png

Maybe add a drop-down option for the type (Wii/PS2/PS3/Xbox/DS/PSP) and allow up to two codes displayed in the profile? If that makes sense?

Or add a text box in the profile for 'Video Game Codes/Tags' like the occupation/interest ones

I don't see the need, to be honest :? That's why we have signatures, so you can include whatever you want. As already mentioned, this is a RuneScape fan site so we are mostly going to cater to people who play that game. If we included an option for another game, then people would complain that we picked 'x' instead of 'y' and would demand more. You can put whatever you want in your signature (within the rules, of course). So if you want to put every name or alias or whatever that you have in your signature, you can do that. I don't see a reason to bother making a profile option for it, when people will probably only get upset that we didn't include whatever game THEY play.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I don't think this is necessary. As outlined by Tripsis, you can just add them to your signature.

I agree with Tripsis; here, that stuff is for signatures. I find myself annoyed when visiting other forums that have those options and seeing some huge list underneath there forum name :? .

Why not just quote Tripsis and say "this"?

Signatures have a limit.

And I did say I know =/

I don't think this is necessary. As outlined by Tripsis, you can just add them to your signature.

I agree with Tripsis; here, that stuff is for signatures. I find myself annoyed when visiting other forums that have those options and seeing some huge list underneath there forum name :? .

Signatures have a limit.

And I did say I know =/

I hardly think a gamertag/PSN etc is going to suddenly push the limit with most signatures.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

RIP Michaelangelopolous

I hardly think a gamertag/PSN etc is going to suddenly push the limit with most signatures.

Trust me, people just look at the picture or a quote in your signature about 85% of the time, its more likely they will look at the profile for information.

Not to mention that was intended to be an example of what the Profile bar should be. :|

Trust me, people just look at the picture or a quote in your signature about 85% of the time, its more likely they will look at the profile for information.

Not to mention that was intended to be an example of what the Profile bar should be. :|

How would you know what people do? :P I don't look at profile information at all. I look at signatures far more often because I read peoples' posts and signatures follow posts, obviously.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

Signatures have a limit.

And I did say I know =/

I don't necessarily like posting a "this" reply. :?

bike.png

Suggest a poll for Tip.it - Here!

Signatures have a limit.

And I did say I know =/

Aren't posts like that considered spam? :|

2j3qh46.jpg

Signatures have a limit.

And I did say I know =/

Aren't posts like that considered spam? :|

=D>

I'm mocking you. By the way.

I think everyones' against you Ray.

Depends on what your sig is like. You have quite a few things in your sig. People are less likely to look through someone's whole sig if there is a lot of clutter. But if there's only like one thing, it will stand out and it will also be more memorable.

I think everyones' against you Ray.

I dont see why.

I thought the meaning of Profile would match 'Gamertag' or 'PSN'/'FC' than a signature.

I dunno but its what the dictionary says.

#-o

Whats the 2nd largest forum on TIF?

Post-wise, being Off topic. ;)

It's a profile, why should we put information (that would go into a profile) in our signature? That should be left for miscellanious* pictures, stat sigs, art and links

Post-wise, being Off topic. ;)

It's a profile, why should we put information (that would go into a profile) in our signature? That should be left for miscellanious* pictures, stat sigs, art and links

Because there is no way we can accommodate everyone and it wouldn't be fair if we only catered to a select group of people.

Posted Image

I don't see any harm is doing so though. But it is a Runescape forum, even though most of us who don't play Runescape actually forget that completely.

I, for one never read the text in a persons sig unless it's a quote..

Doomy edit: I like sheep

I think there should be a simple Male or Female. I'm aware girls play Runescape and use forums, so I try to avoid generalizing people buy calling them guys. It'd be nice to know though.

Should be included in the new forum software. :) Though people seem to think I am a girl. :lol:

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Though people seem to think I am a girl. :lol:

...when really, she's a beautiful woman. <3:

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?

I think there should be a simple Male or Female. I'm aware girls play Runescape and use forums, so I try to avoid generalizing people buy calling them guys. It'd be nice to know though.

Should be included in the new forum software. :) Though people seem to think I am a girl. :lol:

Perhaps because you have such good legs?

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12