Mp3 Players.

I'm need help choosing a good quality mp3 player. I want more than 4gb of space and I also want to put videos on. It'd be great it it was under $200 AUD. Being on the go a lot I also want it to be light. I know it sounds impossible. Thanks in advance ::'

EDIT: I've been searching around and I found this. Does anyone know if it's any good?

I'm not sure about AUD but I was looking at Ipods yesterday. They had 4G Ipod nanos for around 150 USD (1 AUD = 0.83 USD if that helps). I know you said more than 4G but this is at least a start. 4g still holds quite a large amount of songs. The nano is also really small and light...

Hope I at least gave you an idea...

35b9enp.jpg

Why Ipods? They're just a waste of money imo. Get a mp3 that costs less and you will still get most of the important features, like the creative zen.

Why Ipods? They're just a waste of money imo. Get a mp3 that costs less and you will still get most of the important features, like the creative zen.

I beg to differ, but I suppose it is a matter of opinion. I think the best option would be go down to a large Electrical Store, and look at the Variety of MP3 Players, and choose one that fits your purposes.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

For only wanting 4GB of space an iPod is a huge waste. You'd be better off getting a $50 or so Mp3 player that runs off of MicroSD's. Then you can get like a 4GB MicroSDHC for $10-$15.

Seriously though, I mean even my phone which was only like $40 has 4GB of space on it for Mp3's because of the MicroSD slot. :lol: Spending $150 on a Nano is stupid.

iPods are overpriced and hyped. They're decent players, but I suggest you find out if they suit you first, before becoming one of the iSheep.

The Cowon iAudio D2 is a very good choice. Good audio playing capacity. Plenty of space, and can be upgraded with SDHC cards. Plays video. Supports a lot of codecs. Can be customized to your preferences by selecting skins or changing the functions of the hardware buttons.

iPod classic is 120GB, can play videos, and I think it's only ~200 dollars.

Only?

Compared to some 4 GB players, yes, only 200.

My 4GB player cost me $50, I find 200 quite expensive :roll:. Has all of the main features there are in the ipod too.

Only?

My 4GB player cost me $50, I find 200 quite expensive :roll:. Has all of the main features there are in the ipod too.

I have 120 GB on my iPod, and I already use ~70GB. 30 times as much memory for 5 times the price, I find it to be quite fair.

2j3qh46.jpg

I have a 4gb Sansa Clip, and while it doesn't play videos, it's durable and has decent sound quality for $50USD. I would recommend the Sansa Fuze, you can get an 8gb for $119 USD and it has an FM radio tuner and accepts microSD/SDHC cards. 1.9" screen. The specs are at http://www.sansa.com/players/sansa_fuze/tech

• 2 weeks later...

Only?

I own an iPod Classic 120GB that I bought in January of this year, and it's in perfect condition. I'd gladly sell it for $110-$125 because I want an iPod Touch 8GB.

120GB is too much space; I've only used up 6GB so far. :wall:

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

Lol. Ive used about 60 gigs of space on my 120, but I have 30 more gigs of video I could put on there.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

My 16GB creative zen was only £70, and has been great so far. Does pretty much everything of the equivalently sized nano which was more than twice the price. Now I think THAT's fair, and I can put the music straight on there without having to use any extra software.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

because itunes is the best imo, and you can get a decent ipod for 200 that is reliable. had my 1st gen ipod for 4 years until it broke. just got a touch 3 days ago; fun

35hedkh.jpg

If you like iTunes, yeah. Though I'd rather decide for myself what program I use, if any. And iPods are certainly not better in terms of reliability compared to other A brands.

I have an MP840, formerly T.sonic 840, by Transcend. It costs about 100 Canadian dollars now. It can play files copied to the drive with ordinary file browsers and commands (if you're a Linux guy!): MP3 and WMA for music, BMP and JPEG for images, TXT for text files. It can also reportedly play videos converted to a special format for the device, but the provided converter Doesn't Work, so get the non-video version to save some bucks.

4 GB Flash memory (you might be able to get some higher capacity ones now), mini-USB 2.0 connection, 10 hours music playback... also, mine fell to the ground a few times and still works! :D

vaporeon-sig.png