Fight Arena Guide - 702 + Safe Spot (2005) (AOW discussion)

Impaler99

There is still a safe spot for the 180s in the northern area. Works all the time.

I just beat the 702 using the switch prayer method. Turned out to be really easy that time, since I had previous experience. In fact, it wasn't even a challenge. 2 doses of prayer pot and 1 shark later he was dead. I didn't kill any healers either.

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is still a safe spot for the 180s in the northern area. Works all the time.

I just beat the 702 using the switch prayer method. Turned out to be really easy that time, since I had previous experience. In fact, it wasn't even a challenge. 2 doses of prayer pot and 1 shark later he was dead. I didn't kill any healers either.

Grat's markkei :D

vashygzw4.jpg

It's good to see most people here are killing it, that gives me more hope. I've actually only given the game two serious tries, and only reached the 702 once. I'll get around to it eventually, part of it is I never know when I'll have two uninterrupted hours.

kindness.png

Is the safe spot gone than?>

The safe spot that worked for me on the 180's doesn't work anymore. I'm assuming they took em all out, or tried.

I tried it tonight... the 180's are just stardard fat melee

just go to like the south or west of the obstacle and they get stuck ussually. Not hard to figure out; just try figuring out when the 180's first appear.

I had major problems fighting the 702 tho, cause i kept getting confused about timing and interpeting moves. Maybe I'll try and get fire cape tommorrow.

Is the safe spot gone than?>

The safe spot that worked for me on the 180's doesn't work anymore. I'm assuming they took em all out, or tried.

I tried it tonight... the 180's are just stardard fat melee

just go to like the south or west of the obstacle and they get stuck ussually. Not hard to figure out; just try figuring out when the 180's first appear.

I had major problems fighting the 702 tho, cause i kept getting confused about timing and interpeting moves. Maybe I'll try and get fire cape tommorrow.

I tried again last night, and had great success.. with a catch.

The range spot that is in the guide (above the toe in the boot) doesn't work anymore, but the heel of the boot has a corpse in the corner that blocks both ways.

I finally survived the last waves of uber-waves by running back and forth around the boot. I could never withstand those final uber-waves without taking too much damage. *Do the 90 rangers get better or something? lol* They hit alot at the end there.

Anyway, I've guthaned to perfection. No pray doses used prior to the 360's. No food eaten... at all.

I got to the 2 360's with all 8 shark, and 3 4-dose prays left.....

and 62 bolt racks left.

It wasn't enough to kill both of them.

I killed the last 360 with guthan. lol.

That used up 7 shark. :D

But I finally got to see the 702 and practice switching prayer. Earlier I said this didn't seem easy.

It really really is easy. It gives you plenty of time to switch prayers.

But it really is super super pathetic of me to do so well, spend all that cash on 1200 bolt racks, 20 pray pots, and be in such perfect position at the end....and come up short of ammo! 2 hours of that insanity. If I wasn't so embarrassed, I'd write the story better and make its own thread. This is only for all of you sharing my pain. hehehhe.

Remember me when you're sick of switching worlds to buy those bolt racks. Just keep switching, brother, just keep switching.

*runs back to Port Plasymys with another 500k*

This cape is officially expensive now.

A circus in Runescape?? Oh my.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

I'm back, add me if you deleted me. :)

Is this going to be posible for me with 79 range?

Somone a few pages ago got it at 79 range. But Karils bow and 2 4-dose range pots will be HIGHLY recommended for that level.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

Hmm.. you might have missed the part about the much longer delayed hind-leg stance when he mages. There was also a tip to keep it on range pray, and switch to mage when he stands longer... since he takes longer and you have more time.

But then again, he mage attacks probably 2 to every 1 range attack, so you wouldn't have to switch as much if you keep it on mage and switch to range.

One thing for sure, I'm keeping that thing on auto attack when he comes on, and I'm not even gonna worry about it. I'm just worried about the healers now. I hope I don't miss a pray-switch dealing with them.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

This is officially painful, too.

My first trip back, I didn't last but 5 attacks. Was too jumpy, and missed a switch, and then paniced and died promplty.

Went back again, got him down about 100 hit points, and I tried to guess on his knee waggle, and missed. FYI, the knee waggle before he goes into his stance happens on both attacks.

Went back again. Got him down to half way, and the healers came. Cute little things. I think they are mini-mes of the 190's. Started attacking them, and spaced off on the prayer too long, and got hit for 86 on the range.

I'm spending a fortune on bolt racks. That was my fifth time to the 702, and 10 tries dying on the last 360's. I've spent about 2 mil on this venture so far. lol.

I really don't know what to do about those healers. What happens if I just leave them? How much do they heal him? Can you kill him with those guys?

This is officially.... hard.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

This is officially painful, too.

My first trip back, I didn't last but 5 attacks. Was too jumpy, and missed a switch, and then paniced and died promplty.

Went back again, got him down about 100 hit points, and I tried to guess on his knee waggle, and missed. FYI, the knee waggle before he goes into his stance happens on both attacks.

Went back again. Got him down to half way, and the healers came. Cute little things. I think they are mini-mes of the 190's. Started attacking them, and spaced off on the prayer too long, and got hit for 86 on the range.

I'm spending a fortune on bolt racks. That was my fifth time to the 702, and 10 tries dying on the last 360's. I've spent about 2 mil on this venture so far. lol.

I really don't know what to do about those healers. What happens if I just leave them? How much do they heal him? Can you kill him with those guys?

This is officially.... hard.

That was exactly my problem during the first few attempts. However, from the videos circulating around the forums, I saw that you don't have to be so quick about switching prayers. Take your time, and relax. Watch carefully, but not "too" carefully. Once I finally reached that state of calmness (after 3 previous attempts and a few videos), the boss fight was a breeze.

Don't worry too much about the healers...just make sure you have only 1 attacking you. Or 2 at the most, they don't hit very hard to be much of a threat. You don't have to kill them, just attack each once so they turn on you and stop healing the boss.

Also, so you don't really have to spend that much on bolt racks...I used a crystal bow for everything above the 180s until the final 360s. Then, just for the boss, I switched to Karil's.

Though I must say...the boss fight kinda scarred me...I now almost get chills when I hear the sound effect for fire wave, since it's the same as the boss' sound effect o.o

I have tried over a dozen times and failed miserably in all my attempts. I never seem to be able to work the safe spot and get smoked each and every time. I have even tried ancient magic but failed 9 out of 10 casts so that's a total waste of time.

Even though I switched my prayer protection by the watching the animation, it hits me 90% of the time. What's worst, it seems to be intuitive enough to switch to a different attack mode each time you turn on the opposite protection, which doesn't give much time to eat. Running and hide usually ends up being hit by a blind attack.

Good God, this is one tough bastich!

Kudos to all those who got your capes. I personally found it too challenging doing it straight up. I know that I managed to get my stress level up off the charts trying to get the fire cape. Hopefully, they will introduce different methods to gain the cape. As for now, I humbly admit defeat.

DroolMAN and any others having problems, I suggest you follow most of these steps:

-Make sure you start out on the 702 on an opposite side of a wall, so it gives you however much time you want to heal, pot up, eat, etc.

-Keep your camera as low to the ground as possible, so even when your further away you can still see him and his feet.

-Primarily keep Range protection on, if you've tried it, it's obvious that his range attack take significantly less time than does the mage attack. Even once it's done a mage attack, after it hits you for the 0 (as it should) I suggest switching back to range, because you never know when a fast ranged attack will pop out.

-For the healers, keep on your prayer page, but if your above 108, you should be able to 1 click these guys, so just keep an eye on what the boss is attacking you with, while at the same time getting the focus for the 108's on attacking you, one hit from each will get their attention.

-After that, run back to the hiding spot where you FIRST started, you will be immune to all the bosses attacks, although you cannot hit him here either!

-To kill the 108's, turn on your prayer (if needed to melee protect), and get your guthan out and pound these guys away, they have low HP (as does the 702)

-Once finished, get ready for Round 2!! Same thing, get boosted up, get all your stats and stuff ready. If you have another dose of your range pot left, TAKE IT! The boss really doesn't have that much HP! The more ranged special you can get, you should take. Put on your range prayer and head back out.

-I only had 1 more round of healers come out, but they're equaly as frustrating.

Good Luck everyone. =]

Oh geez. No way in Hades I'm going to be able to do any of that crazy stuff. lol. I just want to survive just standing there. lol.

I'm not even able to attack the healers without losing grasp of the boss. I can't take my eyes off those legs. I'm surely not gonna try to run around and hide around corners.. that'll end that two hour ordeal in about 30 seconds.

No, next time.. I'm gonna be reaaaaaaaaaaaaaally patient.... and make sure I don't make any mistakes. I'll try to attack one healer at a time and if it takes 3 pray pots, so be it...the sharks are a waste of space anyway. Anytime I need them, I'm dead. Well, I'm just not good enough or relaxed enough to be able to manage the prayers and do other things well at all. I'm a nervous wreck by the time I get there. Thats no cake walk getting there completely healed without food used.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

Yeah, all you have to do is take your time and be calm about the situation. Switch prayers casually, there is no need to rush actually.

I also thought to switch back to range protect after each attack, but it is actually not needed. Even for the range attack, the boss gives enough time for you to switch to range protect without being hasty.

You do not have to kill the healers. Just attack them all once, and it's better to have only 1 attacking you throughout the boss fight.

If anyone needs more in-depth advice, I'm always available in-game for private messages and private messages here on this forum.

what if u killed him twice ??? u ll get another fire cape or maybe onyx gem ???

and JAGEX should re-edit the fire cape it doesn't look good.

Demario.png

My vengeance is everything..

..everything must come to an end

Another failed attempt.

I'm getting better though. I was actually able to relax a little and function. lol.

It started off with me right next to the 702 when he spawned, and I got hit for an 84 with his range right off the bat.

I was able to actually switch prayers, eat, and drink pray pots! Woot! I might be close. :P I missed two prayers, and got hit max on both.. both in the 80's Yeah, now I'm thinking about taking more sharks next time. lol

I got to the healers, and had three of them on me. I figured out how to line them up so only one can attack you. (They are so small, this is not easy. You have to get them on the right angle) But the fourth one was too far away, and I ran toward him, right into the boss, when i clicked attack.. He hit me for melee. A zero. Lol. I was already waiting for my death slump, but no....

The healers have hammered me, and I'm outta food. When I missed the prayer switch after the melee hit, I learned I only had 34 hits left.

The death slump is not fun to watch in there.

I might get it next time. I've spent 2 mil on bolt racks. :P Only 40 pray pots left, and I had close to 200. This cape is becoming very valuable to me. hehe.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

hehehe its actually very good to see that you are trying hard ....

gives me courage to try once more also lol....

between just a question to you leester, do you switch prayer? like keeping on range all the time even after one shot of mage att? and turn it on to mage when it shoots mage?...

hehehe its actually very good to see that you are trying hard ....

gives me courage to try once more also lol....

between just a question to you leester, do you switch prayer? like keeping on range all the time even after one shot of mage att? and turn it on to mage when it shoots mage?...

I switch only when I need to. Hehe. So if he goes mage, i switch to mage and don't touch anything until he telepaths a range attack. Everytime you switch prayers, you have to re-attack. He mages more than he ranges.

I'm not a very good fast-click player. I lose the chases in castlewars (some of those guys are soooo smooth) and I'm just not comfortable flying through all the menus clicking here and there....

I keep the clicking to as minimal as possible. But thats just cuz I'm lame. :P

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

Hey, I'm 91 combat with 77 atk, 70 str, 74 def, 76 hp, 70 range, 68 mage, and 52 prayer. Could anyone recommend what I should wear there any particular tactics or whatever I should use? I have full veracs and 700k cash right now. Should I get torag and a whip and a bunch of rune arrows? Thanks!