Real life help & advice

Abc1230

Hey, I'm so fed up with my school, and my family - I'm not looking for attention either, so if you're gonna say that, then hit BACK now, thanks.

I turn 17 September 27th. I'm a junior in high school, I live with my mom, Step dad, Step brother, and Step sister. My real dad passed when I was 5, again, not looking for sympathy just thinking that might help with you helping me.

My classes are dumb, the kids control it, they will straight up tell the teacher to [bleep] off and the teacher will sit down and shut up. I'm not learning anything. I live in MA if that matters..?

Basically, I was considering dropping out and moving out of my house in with a friend in my town who pays rent at an apartment. I know you're saying, haha good luck no job all that.. I don't have a job yet that would be able to afford all of my expenses on my own - rent/food/etc.

I'd be paying close to about..300 for rent where I'd be living and probably eating subway for lunch/dinner (don't really eat breakfeast).

As far as my future, I want to go to college later, just a small community college for Graphics Design. I can get into a college just like this that's about 40 minutes from my house for a commute with a GED. I was considering just dropping out, moving out and getting my GED, while working full time.

Don't just call me stupid and say have fun smoking weed or whatever, I don't need that.

As far as my family goes, it's just not good, I'm not going to forget my mom and everything she's done for me, I'd of course stop by, talk to her on the phone, all that probably 3/4 times a week, I just can't stand living there with her rules anymore.

Help?

21ed8x.jpg

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

i don't think you can apply for community college if you don't have a high school diploma..

just finish highschool...you'd be able to live by YOURSELF instead of leeching off your friends. if you're dropping out, it'll be very difficult to find a job, and i can't guarantee that you'd be able to afford an adequate housing when you later grow up...focus on studying, and tell the authorities in your school about your classes. they can replace you with another classroom where you CAN learn something.

If I were you I would seriously consider staying in high school and just sucking it up, you only have a year left and you want to bail already?

You could drop out and get your GED, but if you want to get an AA or AS degree, with working full time you won't have time for school and if you did you would maybe have time for 1 class a semester, which would take forever to get a degree. Trust me, the best route is to just stay in high school, get a part time job, save some cash up and move out when you get to college.

Do you have any family members that you could live with? The $300 that you're gonna spend on rent (which doesn't seem possible) and plus all the fees from your GED and school, and even the 40 min. commute, how will you pay for gas? Minimum wage will not cover this at all, you should see if you can at least live with a family member to save some money.

111-1.jpg

I don't want to live with a family member, I'm thinking of trying to find a full time job, if that sounds decent working about 40 hours a week or so? That'd cover the rent..

I don't think you can get a full time job at 17, you would have to be emancipated first. And how much is minimum wage where you live?

111-1.jpg

Don't be a rebellious teenage moron. Finish school.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

I'm not trying to be rebellious .

Either way, suck it up till you finish school, then you can leave home. Getting a job won't suffice in this day and age, you still need to get the qualifications for a good job, not a job working at McDonald's for minimum wage. :shame:

As much as me and Dark_Aura want to move out we can't, I don't have a job yet and his job doesn't pay enough. Maybe when I get a job and he gets a better one we can move out. If we shared a place it would mean we could carpool to Tafe, and then fight over girls when we go into town. :lol:

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

You're almost done, just stick it out. Trust me, you drop out, you'll have a really hard time finding the time to even get your GED and going to school. You'll have to work minimum-wage since you're not even seventeen yet (and you'd have to get emancipated and all that), at least 40 hours a week if you can, and you'll still barely cover your basic needs.

At least do one more year If you really can't stand it, tell them you'd like to try and get a GED right after the end of the year - or, you can up your classes to try and graduate early. That wouldn't be a bad choice. Most people I know could graduate early if they wanted to, but I don't know much about Massachusetts.

Just wait it out, bro.

EDIT: Then again, Quentin Tarantino dropped out when he was 15, worked at a video store, and then BAM made some movies and now he wipes his [wagon] with the Hope Diamond.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

What is an alternative to BugMeNot? I know I've found one before, I just can't find it again.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

I've heard how people like Limbaugh and O'Reilly are just idiots that don't really represent the American right wing, even though they're the loudest by far. Can anyone then direct me to a sane and intelligent conservative commentator?

This signature is intentionally left blank.

I've been meaning to ask this. I've been thinking about it for awhile.

Should I get lasik eye surgery? I hate glasses, & my eyes are too sensitive for contacts. I don't plan to get it until 18, which I turn next March.

258uo8n.jpg

Should I get lasik eye surgery? I hate glasses, & my eyes are too sensitive for contacts. I don't plan to get it until 18, which I turn next March.

I'd say do it, one thing: Dont go to somebody with an mexican accent who says Yes yesh i got laser lamp, yuo need lasor surgery? sit down sit down, only 10 dollars!. I'd say go too the expensive opticien

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

I've heard how people like Limbaugh and O'Reilly are just idiots that don't really represent the American right wing, even though they're the loudest by far. Can anyone then direct me to a sane and intelligent conservative commentator?

Sane and intelligent people don't exist in America :/ Sorry

When you say your eyes are too sensitive for contacts, do you truly know that, or are you just saying that because you've tried it once and didn't like it? I wear night lenses wear you put them in before you go to sleep, take them out in the morning, and bam, you can see fine. :thumbup:

It will be incredibly hard to find one - you'll absolutely have to look on the internet. For sane and intelligent commentators for liberals OR conservatives, you'll have to look on the internet in America. They won't be popular unless they can overexaggerate the unimportant things that someone thought was more interesting, and just tell anyone that disagrees with them how stupid they are in as passive-aggressive a way as they can.

EDIT:Maybe Barihawk could point you in the right direction.

Yes. Yes, yes, yes. If you have the money. It cost my brother-in-law and sister $3,000 each, but the entire thing takes less than 5 days, recovery and all, and now they have better than 20/20 vision. I hate my contacts, they leave my eyes so dry, and it's hard to swim and stuff like that with them in. I plan on getting lasik as soon as I can.

Plus, for the duration of the recovery, you have awesome bloody-looking slits next to your pupils, so you could so freak people out. My sister said it was wierd, but your eyes are totally anesthetized, so you can't feel a thing.

Pie, I wish I could do that. But I sleep wierd, and can't keep contacts in my eyes for some reason; I've tried a few times and just can't do it. I'd love those night-only lenses.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Money shouldn't be a big issue for me. The only issue is time, I heard some lasik companys refuse below 21 yrs old since eyes can still develope. Thats the only problem. I plan to get them by the end of summer, If I have the money. I should since I believe I will be getting a good raise . ::'

258uo8n.jpg

You'd make money. Most likely not enough to live off of, but if you supplemented it with writing fore magazines or newspapers you probably could.

That is assuming you meant you wanted to write novels.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp