The forgotten changes - safe to revert?

JoeDaStudd

Well.....this game lets you do anything. So if you're losing ground on one end, you can gain it on the other. If runes are cheap, alching goes up in affordability. If runes are expensive, go make more runes and sell them. You can't lose if you set yourself up to win both ways. Get yourself some fresh Xanatos gambit, there's enough for everybody!

Look that up.

8f14270694.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well.....this game lets you do anything. So if you're losing ground on one end, you can gain it on the other. If runes are cheap, alching goes up in affordability. If runes are expensive, go make more runes and sell them. You can't lose if you set yourself up to win both ways. Get yourself some fresh Xanatos gambit, there's enough for everybody!

Look that up.

But in the scenario where pure ess and ess are made one again, the only losers are FtP Runecrafting and maybe PtP Ess Mining. Runes might become a little cheaper or stay at the same price. PtP runecrafters get considerably more profit. Low level players, on both servers, make more profit. That's about four groups who get to profit. The only losers are FtP runecrafters.

But considering how useless FtP Runecrafting really is, in terms of both money and the manufactured items, I think Runescape would greatly profit.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Step 1: change all pure essence to rune essence

Step 2: at the time of the change the price difference will be compensated with to added into all players banks with p ess

Step 3: ???

Step 4: profit

Levon.png Bladewing.png

It's great you know what you're talking about rustiod. Everything you've said is 100% accurate a true.

That being said...your a [bleep]ing [bleep] douchebag, and none of your advice will ever (or should ever) be taken seriously because of it.

disregard good advice because the giver is a douche

THAT MAKES YOU A BETTER PERSON

Back in 2007 I was a huge pure ess merchant. I would buy 1-2mill pure ess a day and then sell each pess, and make 10-25gp per ess pure profit. During 2007 right before changes to trade etc PURE ESS was only 68ea (minmum)-90-95 maxand nature runes were 290-320ea.

Thus runecrafters were really in the money. In my opinion they should make it so that you need 30minning to mine pure ess and 1minning for normal ess. Free version at level 30 should thus be able to mine pure ess.

I would like to see pure ess dropping to about 85ea, I think thats a good price.

king__giovas.png

king__giovas.png

Feel free to add me ingame if you want to chat :D

Back in 2007 I was a huge pure ess merchant. I would buy 1-2mill pure ess a day and then sell each pess, and make 10-25gp per ess pure profit. During 2007 right before changes to trade etc PURE ESS was only 68ea (minmum)-90-95 maxand nature runes were 290-320ea.

Thus runecrafters were really in the money. In my opinion they should make it so that you need 30minning to mine pure ess and 1minning for normal ess. Free version at level 30 should thus be able to mine pure ess.

I would like to see pure ess dropping to about 85ea, I think thats a good price.

But then you didn't merge them #-o ... what's the point?

But then you didn't merge them #-o ... what's the point?

the point is that higher level f2p miners can mine them.

king__giovas.png

king__giovas.png

Feel free to add me ingame if you want to chat :D

As an f2per I hate runecrafting. The only use I'd have for is in the Great Orb Project which that even frustrates me. A lot. I think Rune essence and Pure essence should be merged as a another money making method would emerge for lower level f2p players. It would also lower the price for essence so y'all members have an easier time. :)

My signature got deleted :(

And I lost all the links. Thanks Gandorf61.

Making pure, and regular essence one again would definitely benefit our economy now. With these new shop stocks, and how every one is complaining about a lack of runes, it should be enough to promote runecrafting. It would help resupply the runes that are being used every day a little better.

Since the pure ess update happened after the infinity stock update did (about 1 or 2 months after), it seems very possible that pure ess was planned for a system that we no longer have. A system were the supply of runes would not be dependant on player supplied runes any more. Instead players could easily go to a store and buy as many as they wished. I'm pretty confident that jagex does what they're doing.

Doing the shop update first could simply be a test jagex is doing. It could be to see how badly the rune supplies are effected in this pure ess system without an infinity supply of runes. I think it's possible that jagex could be considering switching back, depending on how the rune supplies react in the coming weeks.

cheezysigtipit.png

High-alching that REALLY expensive item in my inventory looks more and more tempting with every beer I drink.

Pure essence helps new players, and F2P. If Pure ess was done away with then the price of normal ess would rise, an this would make Runecrafting for both F2P, and new players very expensive. The only people that this change would benefit would be mages, and F2P players who spend all day ess mining.

So yes, this would help mages which I am all for, but it would also hinder noobs on the left wile helping other noobs on the right.

I don't know, I guess I'll have to say do away with Pure ess because it will help mages :thumbsup:.

Prism_Swords.png

Making pure, and regular essence one again would definitely benefit our economy now. With these new shop stocks, and how every one is complaining about a lack of runes, it should be enough to promote runecrafting. It would help resupply the runes that are being used every day a little better.

Since the pure ess update happened after the infinity stock update did (about 1 or 2 months after), it seems very possible that pure ess was planned for a system that we no longer have. A system were the supply of runes would not be dependant on player supplied runes any more. Instead players could easily go to a store and buy as many as they wished. I'm pretty confident that jagex does what they're doing.

Doing the shop update first could simply be a test jagex is doing. It could be to see how badly the rune supplies are effected in this pure ess system without an infinity supply of runes. I think it's possible that jagex could be considering switching back, depending on how the rune supplies react in the coming weeks.

Excuse me, but Pure Ess was round years before Infinity Stock. It was one of Jagex's moves against RWTs that backfired horribly- many of them resorted to stealing credit cards and becoming members to access better gold makers.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Excuse me, but Pure Ess was round years before Infinity Stock. It was one of Jagex's moves against RWTs that backfired horribly- many of them resorted to stealing credit cards and becoming members to access better gold makers.

Right, I realized this now. I'm aware of what they said it was about, however they also said they were planning the updates of late 2007 for years before. Even with my error, it's still plausible that they had thought about this in advance. They could have also used the year 1\2 between the updates to test what rune supplies would be like. I'm thinking they're doing another test because the ge didn't exist before, and they want to know how a unified market would effect it. It does seem a lot less likely now though. But still, returning ess to it's original ways could make up for the lack of supplies now.

Sorry about my mistake though :P I was trying to find the news posts on runescape, but I couldn't find the one about pure ess. I read "On 10 December 2007, many macro users disappeared from the game" on a fansite talking about pure ess, so I figured that was the date it was released. Though I found the news article now. http://news.runescape.com/newsitem.ws?id=571 and http://news.runescape.com/newsitem.ws?id=919 for those who may be interested.

cheezysigtipit.png

High-alching that REALLY expensive item in my inventory looks more and more tempting with every beer I drink.

Your economic reasoning behind why it would be good for the ecnomy to reverse the Pure Essence update is something ive written down in my Times article... I spose great minds think alike :)

I'll detail it further when the article publishes in October, though :P

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Just let me remind you of the world swap timer. It was created ONLY and ONLY to prevent mass outbuying runes (maybe some other goods) just after update (those who got good connections, or manage to click at the right time to get a good place in the line) in all servers & selling for profit to players.

Some time later, we got infinite stock.

Now we have personalized stock (cross-server).

So the answer is:

NO, THEY WILL NEVER EVER REVERT ANY SUCH CHANGE. NEVER (even though it's completely obsolete for several IRL years). And don't ask for it, I (as the majority of runescapians) HATE beggars.

P.S. ditch serves as a warning as a warning about revs. On the other hand, it could be removed from PvP worlds.

savormix.gif
R.I.P. oO000oO0oO00, RS2 range pure transformed to a maxed PvM char in EoC, ten years of time completely wasted.
Good to be gone :)

The first idea is good but the p ess and ess merging is insanely a bad idea. Why would you want to go back to cheaper ess. This would mean rune prices would drop because of all the easy methods of rcing now, the speed is ridiculously faster these days with alter tabs, the ZMI and even the forgotten abyss. Not to mention cheap ess would make people want to rape it as much has possible and then floods of runes will pour into the market and people will start to settle for less and less and then they will buy ess for more cause the profit is good. Before you know it you will be losing gp cause ess price will be so high and runes so cheap.

Maybe I over exaggerated some stuff here but you get the idea... its bad!!!

Link2fast.png

mybbsig.png

Another obsolete anti-cheat thing is the timer when you change worlds. It was made to stop people who used third party world switcher programs or bots to empty the shops. Now with the personal shops and the built-in world switcher, it's time to remove the timer. Before, you had to go to front page, detail selection etc if you wanted to switch worlds.

The "profile transfer" thing is just a lie. The player profile is not of gigabytes size. If Jagex has 100M connections (probably even faster), just think how much data is transferred in the time of the timer.

Another obsolete anti-cheat thing is the timer when you change worlds. It was made to stop people who used third party world switcher programs or bots to empty the shops. Now with the personal shops and the built-in world switcher, it's time to remove the timer. Before, you had to go to front page, detail selection etc if you wanted to switch worlds.

The "profile transfer" thing is just a lie. The player profile is not of gigabytes size. If Jagex has 100M connections (probably even faster), just think how much data is transferred in the time of the timer.

You should have read my reply. Yes, the profile transfer is a 100% lie which doesn't even happen, however after TWO solutions have already been made which BOTH FULLY solved the problem it [the timer] was originally added to counter, it still exists.

WHY THE [bleep]?!!!

savormix.gif
R.I.P. oO000oO0oO00, RS2 range pure transformed to a maxed PvM char in EoC, ten years of time completely wasted.

You should have read my reply. Yes, the profile transfer is a 100% lie which doesn't even happen, however after TWO solutions have already been made which BOTH FULLY solved the problem it [the timer] was originally added to counter, it still exists.

WHY THE [bleep]?!!!

savormix.gif

If jagex change the ess/pure ess system they had better give my Abyssal titan something extra to make him worthwhile.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

If jagex change the ess/pure ess system they had better give my Abyssal titan something extra to make him worthwhile.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Thanks hit_u_ranger completely forgot about them adding the timer.

I've added it to the main post.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Thanks hit_u_ranger completely forgot about them adding the timer.

I've added it to the main post.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Isn't essence mining bad way of making money if you have that high summoning level and other stats? Wouldn't God war bosses, slayer etc be better?

Isn't essence mining bad way of making money if you have that high summoning level and other stats? Wouldn't God war bosses, slayer etc be better?

I can mine about 2,000 pure ess an hour with a titan which equates to 380,000 gp at todays GE mid price.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi