Within the Light - 13 October 2009

Da_Latios

I need help, I can't get into the area where the dwarf is...

091014174334.png

Help is appriciated

I made that mistake. Rotate the mirror in the pillar with the red beam of light so all four go into that one.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need help, I can't get into the area where the dwarf is...

091014174334.png

Help is appriciated

I made that mistake. Rotate the mirror in the pillar with the red beam of light so all four go into that one.

Yup, don't forgot to rotate back after before you leave or its a trip to abyss to you

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

I got it guys thanks :)

I remembered how to do it like 3 minutes after i posted #-o

thanks anyway, was a pretty good quest, can't wait for the next ;)

(840th To 99 Farm. Achieved on February 13th, 2008.) (2942th To 99 Crafting. Achieved on September 9th, 2008.)

(23671th To 99 Magic. Achieved on January 17th, 2009.) (46913th to 99 Hit Points. Achieved on March 20th, 2009.)

(30680th to 99 Range. Achieved on March 21st, 2009.) (66351th to 99 Attack. Achieved on July 8th, 2009.)

(2856th to 99 Herblore. Achieved on August 21st, 2009.) (45985th to 99 Woodcutting. Achieved on November 15th, 2009.)

(6119th to 99 Smithing. Achieved on December 24th, 2009.) (98100th to 99 Cooking. Achieved on January 1st, 2010.)

(63214th to 99 Defence. Achieved on January 30th, 2010.) (122697th to 99 Strength. Achieved on February 11th, 2010.)

(15249th to 99 Prayer. Achieved on March 21st, 2010.) (34209th to 99 Fishing. Achieved on July 7th, 2010.)

(9259th to 99 Summoning. Achieved on July 29th, 2010.) (51712th to 99 Firemaking. Achieved on September 6th, 2010.)

(109036th to 99 Fletching. Achieved on September 28th, 2010.) (15821th to 99 Slayer. Achieved on February 3rd, 2011.)

(11652th to 99 Construction. Achieved on June 18th, 2011.)

but OMG I hated the crystal spikes part after the Light puzzle, had to teleport with 2 HP barely getting the target, lol.

How did you get hit by that? was I the only player who didnt take ANY damage throught the crystal spikes part?

Popoto.~<3

Dwarves are mining away. They have old graphic steel pickaxes, so it might take a while. :P

I also think they are waiting for particle effects, sky boxes, water reflection and bloom lighting untill they start making the city and the next quest.

2mcgi6c.png

It's a bit of a late response but personally I think it would be cool if each of those rocks there required the players to work together and clear the path (barring the last two until the area is complete - or maybe leave the door locked/barred). Each rock would be similar to a shooting star in the sense that there would be a % demolished - with larger rocks requiring larger amounts of time. Also progression would be locked to that world.

For example on World 2 ten players rock up and mine for ten minutes - and manage to clear one of the bigger rocks - then from now on in world 2 that rock will be clear for everyone that logs onto that world

As an after thought I would also like to add that once the area that is beyond that door is complete and in game the times should be drastically reduced (to 1-5% of previous time) so that worlds that wern't cleared should only take one player less then ten minutes (although this would not be mentioned at first implimentation)

1yrb49.jpg

but OMG I hated the crystal spikes part after the Light puzzle, had to teleport with 2 HP barely getting the target, lol.

How did you get hit by that? was I the only player who didnt take ANY damage throught the crystal spikes part?

I got hit once on purpose because I wanted to see what they did.

Link to Forum Games signature.

[hide=TIFer Quotes]

This lack of discussion value..disturbs me.
English is the only language on this forum.

If you use another language, you need to include a traduction

bgok5jn dsgtalg

Oh wow, I hate everything -.-

Death kinda scares me.

your obsession with phallic objects shows quite clearly in your artworks.

Ffs, someone put this in their sig.

[/hide]

I'll admit i didnt see them at first and and ended up standing in place, losing 50 damage before i realized anything

Naaxi.png

I'll admit i didnt see them at first and and ended up standing in place, losing 50 damage before i realized anything

I got hit a few times and had to be careful on my way back because i couldn't take any more damage.

I did that too, on the last one going back to the entrance. :P

Voldemort.

Rabid Jack or whatever his name from the Pirate Storyline? :P

Anyway, I really enjoyed that quest, great for the people who did the previous quests years ago who need a refresh on what has happened. (Like myself. :P) Wasn't too hard, puzzle was nice, but OMG I hated the crystal spikes part after the Light puzzle, had to teleport with 2 HP barely getting the target, lol.

I was glad to hear it was a mistake on it being a Grandmaster, would've been very disappointed if it really was a Grandmaster. :P

I'm excited for the next quest, I'm happy to wait, just to know the excellent looking city that will be the Crystal City. (Don't even ask me to spell it, lol.)

On who the Dark Lord is, it would be very predictable if it turned out to be ZamZam. :P Would be still very-very interesting and a great turn on how story-lines will start to overlap each other. Would be very cool if it was a Elven Majharrant. Will it turn out to be Sislike = Baxtorian who is really evil? XD Only time will tell. :o!

Overall, pleased and excited. :P

The Mahjarrat are the RuneScape correspondent of Voldemort (lich-like characters).

They both probably come from Dungeons & Dragons and/or the Russian legend of Koschei the Deathless.

Though, it's not proven that the Mahjarrat have moved their souls to external objects, which is the key definition of a lich.

What if the Dark Lord is Rick "Roll" Astley? :twisted:

By the way, the :wall: :wall: cutscene was funny.

Is anyone else bothered by the fact that the elves are mining the cave in with a dead elf a few feet away from them and they don't seem too bothered by it? Couldn't they at least have removed the body before they started clearing the rocks? :blink:

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Is anyone else bothered by the fact that the elves are mining the cave in with a dead elf a few feet away from them and they don't seem too bothered by it? Couldn't they at least have removed the body before they started clearing the rocks? :blink:

I believe you meant dwarfs :wink:

Maybe they don't respect the dead?

Maybe they'll remove the body with the first batch of smashed rocks?

Or maybe the Jmods were lazy?

priest_wiz.png

When you go back to the gnome that helps you in the quest, there are two new guys in his cel, sweeping the floor.

If you speak to them, they tell you that their previous boss was Mandrith, who paid them 76k. lol.

I liked the quest, not too hard, not too easy and a descent reward. At least now we know they're working on the elven city.

Since I'm F2P I won't be able to enjoy the quest, as always.

Seeing that "K" and "M" can be now used to withdraw items in "X", and the clan channel thing, I think it's pretty good, even though I won't be using it much.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I believe you meant dwarfs :wink:

Maybe they don't respect the dead?

Maybe they'll remove the body with the first batch of smashed rocks?

Or maybe the Jmods were lazy?

I guess it's another one of those things that needs to be taken with a grain of salt. Yeah I meant dwarves and the J-mods were probably lazy. Nice that I went down there to do this quest 4 years ago and went back down there and the dead bodies didn't decompose at all. :shock:

Nice that I went down there to do this quest 4 years ago and went back down there and the dead bodies didn't decompose at all. :shock:

I did that quest about a year ago, so that makes a bit more sense I guess :|

I suppose. I understand where they're coming from where they want the city to be awesome and weren't happy with what they were capable of a couple of years ago, but now we have to suffer with not having the city because their standards for it might be too high. I dunno.

But anyway, quest is out. Time to look forward to an Upgrayedd and a week off. <_<

I bet Chris (developer of the quest) is laughing about how nobody has found the hidden thing yet.

I went through other master quests, and everytime there was only Exp and Quest points as rewards, there was no "Other" between them.

[hide=Spoiler for Reward of Quest + Missing Spoiler?]

lkz8k.png[/hide]

We know Den. No one can really figure it out. At this point, I think they might be screwing with us for a laugh. In any case, I don't need the other reward all that badly. Would be nice if he hinted at it even a little.

We know Den. No one can really figure it out. At this point, I think they might be screwing with us for a laugh. In any case, I don't need the other reward all that badly. Would be nice if he hinted at it even a little.

Really kind of stunning that some hidden aspect of the quest could remain hidden this long. When you think about all the research players put into other quests (e.g., going through the wildy square-by-sqaure to see where Jennica's ring might work), I've always thought that nothing could slip by the more hard-core players even for hours, let alone for days.

punitivedsig.png

After hearing about Prifddinas, I can't help to imagine it like this

Nagrandcrystal.jpg

Oh, hey, I remember that! Full of the biggest mobs I've ever fought... I still have nightmares about Durn the Hungerer...

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Well, when I was finished opening the west wall/corridor, I went back and turned the mirrors to send the white beam down the collapsed corridor.

I was hoping that maybe there was a secret there, but nothing happened that I could see. I didn't go back after completely finishing the quest though, where there are now dwarves mining it and clearing the rubble? Might go back... again... and poke around some more.

2bcacd2197.png

"America will never seek a permission slip to defend the security of our people."

-George W. Bush

Well, when I was finished opening the west wall/corridor, I went back and turned the mirrors to send the white beam down the collapsed corridor.

I was hoping that maybe there was a secret there, but nothing happened that I could see. I didn't go back after completely finishing the quest though, where there are now dwarves mining it and clearing the rubble? Might go back... again... and poke around some more.

Worth a shot!

As for the city, if its been reverted back to seed form what about the clans inside that are divided by crystal walls? maybe a war going on in there?

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png