DI Closes

Stewie390

I find Brian selfish. Heck yeah he was the leader for years but isn't it possible to give the command over to somebody else?

I feel this was a 1 man decision, since an advisor was suprised posting first.

I agree. A clan with such tradition and power can easily carry on without one person. But alright, getting past closing the clan, why would you not even tell your main officials? Come on. Let them get a steady ground and footing on it before it all the sudden becomes reality. Because if they make a replica now, it's going to be rushed. If Brian would have told them earlier, then it would be much more thought through.

I know I haven't been in Top 10 clans for a long time, but I still appreciated the rivalry that DI gave us all. It's really unexpected and shocking considering that DI was the first clan I've ever wanted to join, and thought it was the most stable of all. I remember them being the one to beat at #1. I will miss you DI and will certainly miss those times piling Brian at first sight.

Have you ever even fought DI in a fight before? :???:

pan.png

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All Ex-Di members, please join PKM.

we will be the future kings of p2p

also i did not expect this to happen, 2 top10 clans closing within a month.

Who are top5 now then?

rofl

>> DF-RUNE-WILL<<

>> DOWNFALL COUNCIL SINCE OCT 08' <<

Be Part of the Downfall Today!:

Click For Downfall's Site!

#Downfall on swift irc

>>110+ Clan (108+ for Fa) - 85+ Def. - 70+ Mage - 15+ Rune sets - TS3<<

Unexpected from me. Always the clan I would think back on my times playing in around 2006. Fought them in a PKRI, lost horribly, but I still remembered the name. RIP.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

its sad that brian flamed the ds leaders for closing instead of handing over the reigns and then he goes and does the exact same thing. they're plenty of ppl who could have stepped up and lead di, its a shame really that such a big clan had to die because of a selfish leader.

RoT will last a maximum of another 2 months. RIP P2P Clan World 09. Dissapointing reason for closure.

I have lived my life to the best of my ability, but I have not been able to escape fate, anger, or pain.

Bring me the answers, and the road that leads to truth, reveal to me once and for all, how all of this will end.

Shadows cannot exist without the light. But without the shadows, the light has no meaning.

This is huge, and it doesn't just reflect on the clan world either, it marks the end of an older generation of the runescape community.

And I don't think the clan world will recover from the things that happened this year.

It's really sad, to see the backbone of a game disappear like this. RIP DI

Yes, I agree, This just shows that the clan world is dying.

j0xPu5R.png

This is huge, and it doesn't just reflect on the clan world either, it marks the end of an older generation of the runescape community.

And I don't think the clan world will recover from the things that happened this year.

I'm afraid I have to agree. The clan worlds quality has been declining for several years now, basicly the clan world has never recovered from the closure of the original wilderness. In my eyes JAGeX killed RuneScape for the more mature & experienced players, since PK-ing and Clan Warring was for most of them the only really challenging aspect of RS.

The last years many legendary & well respected clans closed. It started all the way back with Zeonic Force, even ST and other follow up clans closed down. Dark Slayers closed, The Futures closed (which has maybe nearly no influence on the clan world per se, but it's quite confronting even junior clans didn't have a future anymore) and now Shadow Elves & Damage Inc on a short time. Personally DI was for me the best clan in RS, period. Strong & stable leadership, quality > quantity and always trying to fight on an honourable way.

The last years clans like Exodus, Noobs Inc, ... have basicly lowered the standard. It's filled with people who couldn't manage to achieve something in other clans (NI is full of ex-The members for example) and think they have a great clan by crashing & ruining basicly what clans are all about. I'm very sad RS turned out from a great MMPORG to a game where only 12-16 year old kids can have fun, since they are in the majority now because of the simplification of RS (a ditch? a heap of signs to go in wildy? Please) and because basicly adjusting the game so the little kids - who can't cope with the fact they can loose a lot of valuable stuff now & then - don't leave it.

The quality of the clans these days is horrific. For example in some clans you have to attend all PK trips, sometimes even more then 12 hours, and if you have stuff IRL you should move them "because that's what loyal clansmen do" (this is not made up, I won't say which clan it is but it's a top 5 one who demands that from members). PK-ing & warring against other clans isn't anymore about tactics, it's about who has the biggest banks, who has the most time (I see that as who is so stupid to spend more then a few hours a day on RS to fight useless clan fights) and not about whose the best. Short wars where the tanking, tactics & pulls matter define true strength. Yes, sure returning and willing to offer rune for your clan is some form of dedication, but after all it's a game. Some clans made a sport out of it to return with a few people for hours & hours, until backup arrived. I always found that a lame tactic just because you don't want to admit the other clan is stronger.

With Damage Inc one of the last quality clans died imho. There's hardly any clan that is open for several years that is at its peak at the moment. Look at the oldest Alliance in RS, being 'The' Alliance. TMRD is dead, Jagz is not really shocking alive either, Gladz has lost a lot of its former glory (but that's with most of the big clans back in the days) and 'The' went from a top 10 (maybe even top 5) clan in the beginning of the year to a mediocre clan that is lead by people who refuse to improve, because "we are a community clan".

Clan staffs (as in the staff of most clans, not tip its ofc :P ) have no vision anymore. Everything has to happen short term, there's no room to built up. When a staff makes a decision in the direction to built up slowly & steadidly, members start to whine. People don't have patience anymore, they want everything now & directly. That vision is maybe succesful on short term, but the recent turnouts & basicly the lack of older clans prooves that it fails on the long run. With RS having only younger & younger players, they don't know the history. They don't respect it. This day, this moment that the Clan World would recieve serious damage has come now, if a legendary clan like DI, that survived basicly all the changes, always kept their power closes now is symbolic. I doubt many clan leaders will really think about it, since they are probably thinking only about taking their spot, instead of realising the clan world has a serious quality problem, and also quantity soon.

signature4s.jpg

When I learned that the clan I've respected the most ever since I entered the clan world just closed, I didn't know what to say, think, or do. The clan world is shrinking from the increasing amount of retirees, and with P2P nearly gone, F2P has a little compensating to do. As jonni said, the generation I know is coming to an end, and the newer, smaller one is becoming permanent.

*-P.K.M-* Website

Dbzruler72.jpeg

mostorganized2.jpg

I'm afraid I have to agree. The clan worlds quality has been declining for several years now, basicly the clan world has never recovered from the closure of the original wilderness. In my eyes JAGeX killed RuneScape for the more mature & experienced players, since PK-ing and Clan Warring was for most of them the only really challenging aspect of RS.

Yes. I was hoping that PvP worlds would bring back the glory days, both for single teams and the larger clans - there was a lot of hype for the summer activity (summer of terror) but in the end nothing really happened - that's when some people started to realise the glory days were over. I guess the damage done in the bh era was permanent.

The last years many legendary & well respected clans closed. It started all the way back with Zeonic Force, even ST and other follow up clans closed down. Dark Slayers closed, The Futures closed (which has maybe nearly no influence on the clan world per se, but it's quite confronting even junior clans didn't have a future anymore) and now Shadow Elves & Damage Inc on a short time. Personally DI was for me the best clan in RS, period. Strong & stable leadership, quality > quantity and always trying to fight on an honourable way.

Indeed, DI kept alive the "traditions" of honourable playing that originated all those years ago in RSC. Like many are saying, who will now set an example amongst the communities(fansites, irc)? If nobody does, the whole PvP system will just descend into chaos. It sounds ridiculous when it's just a game, but organised fighting is one of the funnest aspects of PvP and it must be kept alive.

The last years clans like Exodus, Noobs Inc, ... have basicly lowered the standard. It's filled with people who couldn't manage to achieve something in other clans (NI is full of ex-The members for example) and think they have a great clan by crashing & ruining basicly what clans are all about. I'm very sad RS turned out from a great MMPORG to a game where only 12-16 year old kids can have fun, since they are in the majority now because of the simplification of RS (a ditch? a heap of signs to go in wildy? Please) and because basicly adjusting the game so the little kids - who can't cope with the fact they can loose a lot of valuable stuff now & then - don't leave it.

People say it's easy to blame kids and jagex but it really is those damn kids - It seems the generation of players that started post-2007 are no longer interested in the community and resposibilities that come with big clans, that's why we're seeing so many small clans/teams come and go with such frequency. I think it is also down to jagex these days to help clans keep going - they've been trying hard recently but there needs to be a more mature atmosphere to PvP and jagex should introduce that.

The quality of the clans these days is horrific. For example in some clans you have to attend all PK trips, sometimes even more then 12 hours, and if you have stuff IRL you should move them "because that's what loyal clansmen do" (this is not made up, I won't say which clan it is but it's a top 5 one who demands that from members). PK-ing & warring against other clans isn't anymore about tactics, it's about who has the biggest banks, who has the most time (I see that as who is so stupid to spend more then a few hours a day on RS to fight useless clan fights) and not about whose the best. Short wars where the tanking, tactics & pulls matter define true strength. Yes, sure returning and willing to offer rune for your clan is some form of dedication, but after all it's a game. Some clans made a sport out of it to return with a few people for hours & hours, until backup arrived. I always found that a lame tactic just because you don't want to admit the other clan is stronger.

With Damage Inc one of the last quality clans died imho. There's hardly any clan that is open for several years that is at its peak at the moment. Look at the oldest Alliance in RS, being 'The' Alliance. TMRD is dead, Jagz is not really shocking alive either, Gladz has lost a lot of its former glory (but that's with most of the big clans back in the days) and 'The' went from a top 10 (maybe even top 5) clan in the beginning of the year to a mediocre clan that is lead by people who refuse to improve, because "we are a community clan".

Clan staffs (as in the staff of most clans, not tip its ofc :P ) have no vision anymore. Everything has to happen short term, there's no room to built up. When a staff makes a decision in the direction to built up slowly & steadidly, members start to whine. People don't have patience anymore, they want everything now & directly. That vision is maybe succesful on short term, but the recent turnouts & basicly the lack of older clans prooves that it fails on the long run. With RS having only younger & younger players, they don't know the history. They don't respect it. This day, this moment that the Clan World would recieve serious damage has come now, if a legendary clan like DI, that survived basicly all the changes, always kept their power closes now is symbolic. I doubt many clan leaders will really think about it, since they are probably thinking only about taking their spot, instead of realising the clan world has a serious quality problem, and also quantity soon.

I agree completely, a good read.

Sadly even if jagex steps in I don't think we will see things improve. At the end of the day it was(?) just a game and as we know all good things come to an end. It's just sad to see something many of us grew up with, turn into something that is so bad we feel we can't be a part of it any more.

Maybe I'm being over dramatic, after all Ghjjf threw in the towel because he had simply had enough - if he hadn't, DI would have kept going whatever state the game was in. But there's no denying the state of the game has caused decline in the community.

Here's to the good times anyway, I still have plenty of old screenshots to keep me happy <3:

The clan world declined even more when Jagex took away the wilderness n put bounty in then PVP worlds which didn't help whatsoever. Jagex did not save the game like they save when they took away the wilderness. They heavily messed the game up basically.

RIP to the Greatest Clan ever in Rs History.

Sorry to see DI close, and it was a shock. The choice to close it? I personally disagree, as many of the members and ranks do.

Gamerr's post sums up a lot, but I do think that the players are more to blame than Jagex here. Both the "I want instant gratification and I want it now!" type that came in with MiniClip and the like, and the increased number of players - and in the end increased number of clans - to be more exact.

The more clans you can choose from, the less loyalty you need to have for your clan. This what leads to the lowering of standards in the first place.

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?