Bad luck on runescape accounts?

fightermanX

This topic is to discuss if there exists something like luck or bad luck on accounts? Is it given when you create your account? How much luck/bad luck?

My Story:

Just wondering, since I've gone to clan wars alot recently, and I got beaten by friends level 95 and below, and I almost lost from a level 85 randomer. Myself? I am level 111 and 90 atk/str/def/hp. I always tell my friends I think my attack level feels the same as when I was 60 attack. I hit 0,0,0,0 ten times as much than I actually land a hit.

No, I am certainly not noobish, it's just a normal f2p fight, no strength potions, no food, only prayer, and no protection prayers. What's going on?

have you experienced you got extremely bad luck? or do you feel lucky? tell your story! :-D

Fighterman_X.png

I seem to have horrible luck with drops. Maged almost 1k irons/steels, no dragon drop at all. Never had a level 3 clue worth more than 100k. 100 Barrows runs, no drop.

It's just random though, sadly. However, it makes me wonder how Jagex seeds their random number generator, and if perhaps they wrote it themselves.

I've always had poor luck on most things. I did recently get a whip drop of demons and have had a few okay TTs over my years of doing them. That's about it.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

I have the worst luck of anybody around.

In my almost 9 years of playing I have never got anything rarer in a drop than a rune chain.

Can't really expect more than that with those stats... Just saying.

Retired High Leader of the Great Titans

linesig3bv2.jpg

DK: Dragon axe x55, Zerker x40, Warrior x44

GWD: Bandos hilt x2,Bandos plate x8,Bandos tassets x3, Bandos boots x 2, Armadyl helm x2, Armadyl hilt x1, Saradomin sword x3

Dragon drops: d chain x3, d left half x3, d legs x4, d skirt x2, d claws x6

In my almost 9 years of playing I have never got anything rarer in a drop than a rune chain.

Can't really expect more than that with those stats... Just saying.

:rolleyes:

You dont know what I've killed, how many I've killed or how many chars I've had over the years. <_<

newsigb.png

99 Attack - Done

I'm on a roll of 3 DK maging trips and no drop over 2m runes (closer to 3m in truth), I spent about 15 hours at the dwarf battlefield and hate every drop apart from the pick (well and d half) and the most I've had from a clue scroll in the last 4 months was 120k in rune items.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

There is no such thing as luck in electronic games. Only variables that simulate luck. If Runescape is like some other Rpgs, upon starting a new game (account creation) we are assigned a base luck value. That value never changes, but each time we do something (click on something) or don't do anything for a certain amount of time, the variable that alters the final luck value from the base may change, thus giving us better "luck."

This is why it is common to hear of people getting multiple rare drops in quick succession or someone doesn't hit very often. Their luck value simply didn't change for a period of time. When random events ran rampant, anyone who wanted one need only open their bank and click that question mark. After 10 minutes all you had to do is close your bank window to be teleported into oblivion. Since random events work with flags and those flags can only be un-triggered by doing the random event, and since you waited 10 minutes and changed your luck variable multiple times, it was almost a certainty.

Of course one variable isn't all that exists that effects a base luck value. There are other factors as well. Just remember this: luck is negligible when you play the odds enough times. If you don't succeed once, you surely will if you attempt the same act 150,000 more times.

Also, base luck isn't limited to monster drops or hitting alone. I usually hit very well and often. I also have insane "luck" at Barrows. (See sig) I also have a habit of getting good drops the first time I kill a new monster and getting nothing else the rest of the time. (Aquas on release. Range ammy second kill. Second Range ammy 400 kills later.)

The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

bc8ebae3b0.png

Proud of who I am and what I am.

for me, my luck comes all at once, or not at all... i can go months without a drop, then make 25m+ in 3 days :lol: Its either feast or famine lol.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

I probably have one of the unluckyest accounts ever, I always run out of super restores JUST as I get to Jad, (with 4 brews and 2 other slots for bolts/ range pots.) or if im with a pvp team, I am always the first one to be attacked, the only lucky thing I have ever done is sniped a bandos hilt on a 20 man ls mass :D (this was about a year ago lol)

I have never recived any good drops while soloing (apart from d-spear at metals, which is almost classed as junk now)

anyone else in the same situation as me?

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

I really love the good points intermixed with the utter bullcrap in this.

There is no such thing as luck in electronic games. Only variables that simulate luck.

Truth, though the simulation is good enough in decent random number generators (RNG).

If Runescape is like some other Rpgs, upon starting a new game (account creation) we are assigned a base luck value. That value never changes, but each time we do something (click on something) or don't do anything for a certain amount of time, the variable that alters the final luck value from the base may change, thus giving us better "luck."

Utter bullcrap. This implies that specific accounts are luckier than others.

This is why it is common to hear of people getting multiple rare drops in quick succession or someone doesn't hit very often. Their luck value simply didn't change for a period of time. When random events ran rampant, anyone who wanted one need only open their bank and click that question mark. After 10 minutes all you had to do is close your bank window to be teleported into oblivion. Since random events work with flags and those flags can only be un-triggered by doing the random event, and since you waited 10 minutes and changed your luck variable multiple times, it was almost a certainty.

More bullcrap. Randoms were triggered by bot-like behaviour, not by RNG. Specifically, I was able to get Maze randoms every time by fletching in a specific way. I got a maze every 4 loads of bows, if I recall. Never anything else.

Just remember this: luck is negligible when you play the odds enough times. If you don't succeed once, you surely will if you attempt the same act 150,000 more times.

Mixed bag. You are statistically not likely to fail to get your 1 in 1000 drop if you try 150k times, sure - but there's a vanishingly small chance that you won't.

The real issue here has to do with which RNG Runescape uses.

In order to win the lottery, you have to buy a ticket. Looking at your combat stats, you have a lot of monsters to kill before you worry about bad luck.

I always feel that I have bad luck, but looking in my folder of drops/TT rewards, I'm doin alright.

35b9enp.jpg

Text

Utter bullcrap. This implies that specific accounts are luckier than others.

I haven't researched Runescape's "luck" engine enough to say whether it uses this format or not. That is why I put "if." It's food for thought just in case the above is the system Jagex uses.

Text

More bullcrap. Randoms were triggered by bot-like behaviour, not by RNG. Specifically, I was able to get Maze randoms every time by fletching in a specific way. I got a maze every 4 loads of bows, if I recall. Never anything else.

It's still my best guess using the above format as a module in that given scenario. It's a possibility, but it can still be wrong and should be taken with a grain of salt.

The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

bc8ebae3b0.png

Proud of who I am and what I am.

I seem to have horrible luck with drops. Maged almost 1k irons/steels, no dragon drop at all. Never had a level 3 clue worth more than 100k. 100 Barrows runs, no drop.

It's just random though, sadly. However, it makes me wonder how Jagex seeds their random number generator, and if perhaps they wrote it themselves.

Sounds just like myself.

buzz_knight.png

buzz_knight.png

This topic is to discuss if there exists something like luck or bad luck on accounts? Is it given when you create your account? How much luck/bad luck?

My Story:

Just wondering, since I've gone to clan wars alot recently, and I got beaten by friends level 95 and below, and I almost lost from a level 85 randomer. Myself? I am level 111 and 90 atk/str/def/hp. I always tell my friends I think my attack level feels the same as when I was 60 attack. I hit 0,0,0,0 ten times as much than I actually land a hit.

No, I am certainly not noobish, it's just a normal f2p fight, no strength potions, no food, only prayer, and no protection prayers. What's going on?

have you experienced you got extremely bad luck? or do you feel lucky? tell your story! :-D

I feel the same as you. I'm level 107 (100% F2P), and not being a PvPer, I don't have too much experience when it comes to PvP.

But when I do fight, I usually end up losing a ton of health to my opponent, who usually is a lower level than me. The thing that surprises me though is that my character somehow always makes such a great comeback in fights; it starts out as me down to half and he's down to 3/4, but over time, I bring him down to 1/10. Me beating my opponents is about 50/50, though.

So I'd say: AVERAGE LUCK for me. :mellow:

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

I've always had terrible luck in general, until recently I got D pick from chaos dwarves and also a Sara dhide top from a lvl3 :thumbsup:

ruins.png De_Elite_One.png

Inefficiency = fun. That's objective and can't be debated. Ever.

Blog to 200m in all skills.

Max cape achieved November 5th, 2011.

Completionist cape achieved December 29th, 2011.

Final Boss title achieved December 28th, 2014.

Trimmed completionist cape achieved November 7th, 2015.

I don't really think accounts have a fixed luck rate, just how lucky you normally are. That would make the game interesting. Have numbers from 1 to 10 assigned to an account on creation and input that into all formulas.

This is all why I'm more in favor of the drop tables that Andrew mentioned in his blog than the current drop wheels that they use. Would be nice to gain more potential for a drop if you go too long without. And I'm not talking about crap like PvP EP.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

The only time that I seem to be lucky is in the month of October.

In October 2007 and 2008 is when I got my only whip drop, dragon chain, dragon spear and like a d skirt. (with an exception to my other d skirt)

This October however, I don't a chance to play so :(

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

Mmmm I actually quit barrows cause of my horrible luck, it took me over 100 runs ( I wrote it down ) to get a guthans chest. I try not to kill things for drops anymore, I just fail.

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

Proper Daily blogging including Starcraft 2!

Includes goal for 80+ all stats