High level Herblore info needed

Corvus

Quick overview:

We Need:

Extreme ranging potion - starting and ending level

Extreme strength potion- starting and ending level (attack, defence, strength)

[hide]Hello Tip.It,

We need the help of high level herblorists. We want to develop a formula for the boost of the Extreme Range potion, and to improve our formula for the Extreme Strength potion.

For the Extreme Range potion we need users from level 2 to 98 ranged to drink a dose of the potion and post your original Ranged level and boosted Ranged level, (please make sure that your boost does not go down by 1. The easiest way to check this is to take at least 1 hp damage and wait for 1 point of damage to heal.)

For the Extreme Strength potion we need users from level 2 to 98 in any of the following skills: Attack, Strength, Defence, to drink the appropriate Extreme Potion, and then post what the level started and ended at. (again please make sure the boost does not go down, see above for more details)

Thanks for your help.[/hide]

Luna_pirate_signature.png

Thanks to DrCue at DeviantArt for the signature source

Extreme Str: 99 to 125

Extreme Range: 99 to 122

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

Thanks, that's helpful!!

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

Extreme Attack, Defence, Strength = +26.3%

Extreme Range = +22.3%

So extreme attack at base level 1 = ? Test it yourself, you might stop writing half truths.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Extreme Range = +22.3%

So extreme attack at base level 1 = ? Test it yourself, you might stop writing half truths.

No, they all have minimum levels, but when the minimum level doesn't apply, that percentage (%) does.

eg: Range is =< 4 where as I think Strength/Attack/Defence is =< 5 and I believe Prayer is 6 or 7, not sure.

Nope there is a point when the formulas give out.

Each potion has a clearly defined range eg boosts 7 - 12 dependant on level.

When your level is so low that the formula produces anything below a 7 boost, it just gives 7.

When your level is so high that the formula produces anything over 12 it just gives 12.

Though they are all scaled as such that they don't cap out (to my knowledge) pre-99 and most hit the low cap at around lvl 5 - 10 aka so low that the odds of a person actually having potions and using them is pretty minimal

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Extreme Range = +22.3%

No, they all have minimum levels, but when the minimum level doesn't apply, that percentage (%) does.

eg: Range is =< 4 where as I think Strength/Attack/Defence is =< 5 and I believe Prayer is 6 or 7, not sure.

Indeed, this is why the % you gave, as pretty good they are on the higher levels, are useless for the Tip.it calculator.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Extreme Range = +22.3%

Indeed, this is why the % you gave, as pretty good they are on the higher levels, are useless for the Tip.it calculator.

Why is it useless for the calculator? All they need to do is make it add as a percentage, not hard at all.

Why is it useless for the calculator? All they need to do is make it add as a percentage, not hard at all.

they're just trying to find the exact equation. It may well be an exact percentage at high levels but you can't know for sure until you have all the data points

Naaxi.png

they're just trying to find the exact equation. It may well be an exact percentage at high levels but you can't know for sure until you have all the data points

But the point in refute was it's useless because it doesn't work for lowest levels eg lvl 1; which is not a flaw at all as none of the percentages do. They all have a point below whihc its not done by percentage but simply by giving the lowest boost the pot can give.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Really, I think we do need the seperate examples, but I'll bet anything it is (for lets say, a strength potion):

x% of level +5

With, maybe 10 examples I'd bet that the percentage could be found, and the formula proved or debunked. Sadly, my herblore level is tiny.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

Extreme Range = +22.3%

What did you extract these %'s from?

If extreme range was 22.3%, then that would = 121.077 at level 99, which would round to 121, not 122.

RuneScape rounds up.

Extreme Range = +22.3%

If extreme range was 22.3%, then that would = 121.077 at level 99, which would round to 121, not 122.

RuneScape rounds up.

except that runescape rounds down in like every situation.

Eg when combat formula makes you combat level 123.8 you're still lvl 123 not 124

When things give say 1.5xp you display goes up by 1xp the first time then 2xp the next time

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Extreme Range = +22.3%

RuneScape rounds up.

I could have sworn (haven't checked in a while tbh) that RS followed the same rules of mathematics and round down anything under .5, could be wrong though.

meleevsarcher.gif

136 Combat, 2290+ Skill Total

Extreme Range = +22.3%

RuneScape rounds up.

I could have sworn (haven't checked in a while tbh) that RS followed the same rules of mathematics and round down anything under .5, could be wrong though.

Both RS1 and RS2 always round down.

Extreme Range = +22.3%

RuneScape rounds up.

Both RS1 and RS2 always round down.

Ok so.. If you say it always rounds down, then your original figures are wrong. Well the ranging figure at least. Also, it doesn't always round down, because I am 96 range and I get boosted to 109 with a regular range potion. A regular range potion is 10% + 3, so 96 * 1.1 = 105.6. Add 3 to that and you get 108.6. I get 109 when using the potion, that means it is rounded up.

Anyway, I think I veered us off topic enough, this post is supposed to be used to get an exact figure. Unfortunately since the potions aren't trade-able this info isn't going to be easily obtained. :???:

meleevsarcher.gif

136 Combat, 2290+ Skill Total